Author Topic: Part of the map works alone, but not on server  (Read 5085 times)

Kynio

• PGP
Part of the map works alone, but not on server
« on: July 08, 2016, 07:22:26 PM »
Hello,

I would like to understand a little thing. I had a problem today on the map: Castlejumps. (Jump map).

A secret portion of this map leads to a tunnel that pushes the player over a long distance. Locally it works perfectly, but on server I get stuck at the beginning of the tunnel, my weapon moves as if my character was planned but I stay there.

Is there any explanation makes sense to it or not?  ;D

Whatever, here's a video showing the problem.

Video here !

lukip

• VM-68
Re: Part of the map works alone, but not on server
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 03:07:49 AM »
i always thought this black hole was on purpose, this is the first time in like 6 years that i see there is a actual room behind it LOL.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 11:54:35 PM »
Looks like the server is running a different mod, which probably treats the entities in the map differently.  I don't think this is a bug with Paintball2, but whatever jump mod the server is running.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 02:09:07 AM »
Looks like the server is running a different mod, which probably treats the entities in the map differently.  I don't think this is a bug with Paintball2, but whatever jump mod the server is running.
The Jumpmod has another HUD, happened in PB too

Kynio

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 11:28:56 AM »
I'm playing on "Crack' the Jump" server, i don't think there is any mod for that server. I will ask the Administrator to be sure.
And my HUD is a mod like PDCP created by Richard. That we can see on one of his screenshot HERE.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 01:10:03 PM »
I'm playing on "Crack' the Jump" server, i don't think there is any mod for that server. I will ask the Administrator to be sure.
And my HUD is a mod like PDCP created by Richard. That we can see on one of his screenshot HERE.

Arctic Q2Jump and Q2Race provide you another HUD. It has nothing to do with PDCP

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 04:03:34 PM »
Yeah, nontheless, this happens on servers running vanilla paintball2. On the cRack server for sure, I'm not sure about other jump servers. I've checked for .ent files, and there is nothing for castlejumps. I don't know why this happens.