Poll

Should eR33t have been forfeited?

Yes
No

Author Topic: We'll solve this with anonymity...  (Read 32079 times)

Y2J

• VM-68
Re: We'll solve this with anonymity...
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2006, 06:36:13 AM »
and it's bullexcrement you should have to forfeit for that.

the main question here is does the punishment warrant the infraction that happened

and it doesn't.

Gibb

• Stingray
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2006, 08:45:05 AM »
Well i'm not surprised that DT now thinks aB shouldn't have been forfeited. Like I have said ad-nauseum, that was the only incident we had had where we had to issue a forfeit for someone breaking the rules.  Now I was apart of that match and we were just getting smoked each round, going into the last round it was 3-0 aB and that’s where the pandemonium ensued.  They were spamming much more than bob, as everyone who watched the demo will see it wasn't the quantity of mm1 speak that brought about this ruling.  The similarities in what was being said is what made me think this situation should receive a similar ruling.  Uni insulted DT.  Bob insulted Tom.  Both were asked to stop talking repeatedly and both resisted.  aB was issued a forfeit by one of our admins, aB accepted the forfeit (obviously they were displeased, but more so because it was being issued by someone who openly hated their clan).  eR33t was issued a forfeit because they broke rules about using the mm1 login, insulting PBCup Refs (who volunteer their time to watch games, set up servers, and make sure everything runs smoothly.), using names that aren't registered on the page, etc. 

Now your big question is did all of this childish behavior effect the outcome of the game.  Other than seeing some ch1ll members talk in mm2 saying "I wish they would shut him up." and things like that, no I don’t think it did.  I know members of ch1ll have even said after all of this has gone down that they didn't think bob's actions affected the outcome.  However, our current rules were broken and one of our refs was insulted.  I understand one individual did 90% of the talking in that server.  But it took another member of your team to give out the mm1 login.  This was not just a sole person responsible for this outcome.  I know you have used sports as a way to create analogies for this whole ordeal, so I will leave you with one.

In football, if any offensive player is flagged for holding during a play, they lose the down, they back up in yardage, and whatever resulted from that play doesn't count.  Now say you're looking down on a field from a birds eye view.  The offense runs a play action run play to the left.  The left receiver acts as a blocker to try and keep the DB that was lined up on him from moving towards the RB.  Now if that receiver is holding the DB he is going to get flagged for it.  Even if the ball never even moves to that DB’s side of the field and the QB throws it deep to the right side for a touch down.  That DB that was being held would have had no effect on the play since the ball was thrown to a different side of the field that he was on.  But, the WR broke the rules and held him and they get punished for it.  Not ALL rules in games, sports, etc. look at whether or not the actions effect the outcome of a game in EVERY situation.  They are there to keep things fair and equal. 

Another football example can be used during kick and punt returns.  On big plays where the kick returner advances the ball 50, 60, 70 yards or farther for a touchdown, even if that man ran the ball all the way up the right side of the field, if one of his teammates blocked an opponent in the back 30 yards away on the opposite side of the kick returner, you know that ball is coming back.  Did that illegal block have any effect on that players kick return?  Throughout this upcoming NFL season you will see a few situations where a block in the back 30-40 yards away from the ball will result in that penalty.  But once again, a player broke the rules and his team was punished for it. 

I assure you the rules will be looked at this off-season, but I ask you to not think of me as a biased admin.  I've been around in this community for a very long time, I think most people will say that I am not a person who would sabotage a league and remove a top clan so all other teams can breeze through the playoffs.  Remember that our ruling was extremely lenient; we knew all of the standings and schedules before we made it.  I knew that issuing a forfeit and these suspensions would not negatively affect eR33t in getting to the playoffs.  I did not remove your team from the league, I did not ban you from playing out the rest of the season.  I hope everyone realizes that, our ruling was made in a way that we could both: a.) get across a message to all clans that if you break the rules, you will be forfeited, and , b.) so that you (eR33t) would have an equal shot like everyone else to make the playoffs. 

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2006, 11:30:30 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:34:19 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Gibb

• Stingray
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2006, 11:44:20 AM »
Of course bob was doing things that are considered illegal by the rules Pierce.  Why else would we even have all these threads if there was nothing illegal going on. He had the mm1 login and he wasn't the captain.  He was wrongfully given the mm1 login by someone who wasn't supposed to give it out.  He was talking in mm1 when he wasn't the captain.  He insulted a PBCup ref which obviously is not tolerated.  He refused to follow a PBCup Official's request.  Thats 5 examples of breaking the rules.  How can you, someone who was affiliated with this league, possibly say bob did not break any rules?

As for your football analogy, taunting is unsportsmanlike conduct. There is no seperate rule caled 'taunting.'  The only time you will see a player individually fined and his team NOT penalized is when a ref misses the call.  The player is fined when tapes are reviewed after the game.  So using this analogy as an example, we reviewed the 'game film', 'fined' bob with a 1 week suspension, and issued a 'team penalty' of the forfeit of one round.   

As you stated he was simply using message mode 1.  You know for a fact that is against the rules, ESPECIALLY when you are not the captain of the team, and definitely when you are using it to call a PBCup ref a f.a.g.g.o.t.  I guarantee if an NFL player called a ref a f.a.g.g.o.t. he would be ejected from the game, and there would be and an unsportsmanlike 15yd penalty given. Its impossible to use professional leagues as a perfect analogy because we can't give out '15 yd penalties' for breaking the rules.  The PBCup states within its own set of rules, and has displayed through precedent, that if you break these rules, you will receive a forfeit.  Like I said before, the rules will be reviewed in the off-season.

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2006, 02:58:46 PM »
In football, if any offensive player is flagged for holding during a play, they lose the down

i'm not even reading the rest- you don't lose a down for holding, it remains the same down.

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2006, 03:02:42 PM »
Why not review the rules on a deccision like this? It's clear the rule is going to change, at least that's what most people want, so I don't see why it wouldn't.

If you would have ruled for just suspensions that's reviewing the rule on the spot, and still getting your message across.

The forfeit is just out of hated for eR33t, or trying to look good for Bain, since it was his clan. One or the other.

B3r3av3d

• PGP
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2006, 03:07:16 PM »
Crazy +.+
you r talking about paintball and football in one thread. I dont think that you can solve the problem this way.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2006, 03:20:38 PM »
Funny so many people vote NO to this question and you guys are having such a hard time accepting your fair and impartial punishment...

I have no vendetta whatsoever towards eR33t and I'm simply a neutral party here.  It's really quiet simple. 

The PBCup rules and the punishment for breaking them were there when all parties involved began this season.  All parties involved agreed to the rules and the punishment for breaking them.  The rules are like most rules or laws that are written...  They DO NOT SAY Sometimes it's ok to break the rule Nor do they say because you might not like the rule it is OK to break the rule just this once.  Nowhere in the rules does it express that eR33t is EXEMPT from any of the rules nor any other clan or their members.  It doesn't specify several choices for the punishment for breaking the rules either.  The rules and punishment were clearly stated just like the fines for a speeding ticket.

The rules were there when you started the season and they were broken by your clan so accept your punishment and stop whining about it.

If you took your case before a court of law they would laugh you out of the court room.  Uhhh your Honor your a f.a.g.g.o.t.!!  I'm in eR33t so I'm exempt from being held -in contempt of court- and being ejected from the courtroom by the baliff!!  Besides I think that law sucks!

Seriously, if you don't like the rules then you can voice your opinion when the rules are being written as with all rules or laws in life and if you don't like the rules after that then either don't participate in the event or better yet DON'T BREAK THEM.

eR33t has been the longest lasting clan in DP history and undoubtedly leads over all in match wins.  Where's your sense of pride?  The same punishment would have been dealt to ANY clan as the rule applies to ALL who play.

Gibb did a great job explaining the decision and honestly shouldn't have had to waste his breath explaining it over and over on this forum. 

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2006, 03:30:54 PM »
No thats the thing piccasso, had this been ch1ll that talked in mm1 this match, there would be no issue.
Had it been crossbones, they would have lobbied for a suspension but no forfeit.
But since it's against the most hated clan- automatic forfeit.

And you talk about all this pride? You got caught hacking, and now change your name to try and hide it. You're one to talk about pride.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2006, 04:00:31 PM »
Y2J that is simply an untrue and immature response...  The punishment would have been the same for any clan that broke the rules.

Are there other instances of rule breaking during this PBCup season that have gone unpunished or where someone was unjustly punished that you can share with this community.

Also, Y2J stay on the subject and don't lash out at me with childish ranting.  Your bringing up an accusation from 2 years ago in an attempt to belittle me does not show pride for your clan.  It merely demeans it and your continued whining is a disgrace to your clan.

FYI the weak attempt to implicate me as a hacker was just that a weak attempt...  The 2 demos proved nothing and I didn't change my name to hide anything... everyone knows who I am.  MuTiL8ToR was my old gaming name years before I started DP and I wanted a name that better fit the game so I have been PiCaSSo ever since.

Again stay on subject if your going to reply or turn this into a flamefest so that Jitspoe can lock this useless whining thread.

Gibb

• Stingray
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2006, 04:01:31 PM »
In football, if any offensive player is flagged for holding during a play, they lose the down

i'm not even reading the rest- you don't lose a down for holding, it remains the same down.

Oops, regardless that doesn't change anything in the post. 

As for, "The forfeit is just out of hated for eR33t, or trying to look good for Bain, since it was his clan. One or the other."

I don't hate eR33t, I have no problems with any of the members in the clan, I have known DT for a long time as we have been apart of this community for many years now.  We also worked together in the PBCup and never had any problems with one another.  Blitz I have no problems with whatsoever and we have been able to discuss all this without name calling and insults, unlike yourself.  I'm glad you have voiced your opinions on the rules, I now agree they should be (and they will be) reviewed.  But if you incist that I am a biased admin who hates eR33t and hopes all bad things in life happen to you, get over yourself.

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2006, 05:24:00 PM »
I've never once sat here and called you a diry jew, member of a socially disadvantaged classintercourser, stupid donkey girl thingyrag (all of the following probably got edited..) but what I have said is you are biased.

If ch1ll had been the one that broke the rules, or some clan you have more respect for, you would have just suspended the people involved, because the ch1ll people would be saying the same thing I am, and you hold their opinion higher for whatever reason.

Joe tells you we deserve a forfeit so we do? Review the rule and make a fair decision. If it means changing the rule by your decision then do it.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2006, 05:28:54 PM »
I don't want the rules to change. I most definately prefer not having to put up with lmao or lol after killing someone. The only reason thats done is to annoy. Leave the rule as it is.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2006, 05:32:31 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:34:15 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Gibb

• Stingray
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2006, 05:36:34 PM »
Joe didn't tell me to do anything.  When all of this happened bain told me to review the demos and I did.  He was the one that came up with how long each person should be suspended.  He told me to decide on whether or not it should be forfeit.  I told him the reasons why I think it should based on what happened in your match, and what has happened before in our league to receive a forfeit.  I'm sure if it was the other way around and ch1ll was the one who broke the rules, bain would have told me to watch the demose and make a ruling.  I don't see how this is a biased decision by a crazy admin when it says in the rules that if you do what bob did, your team will be forfeited. 

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2006, 06:10:17 PM »
Y2J:  He is biased because he enforces a clear cut rule which was proven to be broken in more ways than one?

Amazing!! Tell me... In what sport or game of any kind do you change the rules during the game or in mid season?  You keep throwing out all these hypotheticals but offer nothing that comes close to validating your false assumption that GiBB or anyone is punishing you out of hatred for your clan or is playing favorites.

Offer some examples during this season that prove any sort of neglect, favoritism or biased behavior on Gibb's part otherwise your statements and allegations are without merit and your simply being a poor sport.

Pierce:  Hi!  Respectfully, Y2J is asking that or so it seems with his last post he did.  As well, he is making baseless statements that do NOT help your clan's case.

I would agree with keeping the rule as it is as far as needless chatter during a match is concerned although some modifications to the rule may be needed.  I believe stiff penalties for such offenses help keep them from happening.

Nevertheless, these are things to be voted on for the upcoming season.

This post is a simple question...  Should eR33t have been forfeited?

Simple answer = Present Rule Broken = Yes

No ifs, ands or buts about it...

If I speed and get caught by that ugly stiff necked male appendage slurpin (lets see the cuss filter filter my cuss filter) highway trooper, then I have to pay the ticket for that offense...  I don't get to wait for new legislation to get out of paying that ticket and all of my whining to the judge, calling him names, or accusing him of being biased won't make it any cheaper for me.

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2006, 08:19:21 PM »
No, i'm not asking they change their decision. We left the league, I could care less. Just spreading the word that it was a load of excrement what happened to us.

What you fail to realize picasso is what happened had no effect on the outcome of the game.
And the ch1ll players could have typed ignore player#

A team does not get forfeited for the actions of one person, that one person gets suspended. You guys throw out all these hypotehticals, but that's how it is in every sport. Drug use, cheating, anything, the game is not forfieted, the player is suspended.

Ch1ll was looking for an excuse for losing.

Also in terms of the speeding bullexcrement, no, you don't get to wait for new legislation, but hey, that's what case law is for, changes in the law before new legislation is reached, if it is at all.
And that's all I was lookin for here. If gibb would have thought this one out with some due dilligence, then he should have realized the outcome of the game was not decided by bob saying lmfao. Thus not warranting the forfeit. And ruled for the suspensions but not the forfeit, thus setting a precident for future cases.. but hey.. it's eR33t. You all know darn well had it been ch1ll that demolished some clan, but then talked in mm1, they would not have been forfeited, and that's just sad.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2006, 09:33:42 PM »
I could care less.
I wish you did care.  :-X

You all know darn well had it been ch1ll that demolished some clan, but then talked in mm1, they would not have been forfeited,
Mabey not who knows, but if they would have been forfeited, I doubt they would have quit. Its not like you got eliminated from the playoffs.

Is for clan er33t to be in the fall league.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2006, 10:21:45 PM »
No, i'm not asking they change their decision. We left the league, I could care less. Just spreading the word that it was a load of excrement what happened to us.

WTF dude, you have asked them to change their decision repeatedly and if you didn't care you would NOT still be replying.  Spreading the word of what happened to you??  Your teammates broke rules and the specified disiplinary action was taken... are you illiterate too?  Read all the posts you have made and notice the many places you contradict yourself?

What you fail to realize picasso is what happened had no effect on the outcome of the game.
And the ch1ll players could have typed ignore player#

This fact has been responded to many times throughout this post... 

As well, I am also aware of the fact it had no outcome on the game other than the forfeit, as specified in the rule, being handed down to your clan who clearly broke it.

Also in terms of the speeding bullexcrement, no, you don't get to wait for new legislation, but hey, that's what case law is for, changes in the law before new legislation is reached, if it is at all.

Regardless, once the "law" or rule is in place you are obligated to abide by it or suffer the specified concenquences.

And that's all I was lookin for here. If gibb would have thought this one out with some due dilligence, then he should have realized the outcome of the game was not decided by bob saying lmfao. Thus not warranting the forfeit. And ruled for the suspensions but not the forfeit, thus setting a precident for future cases.. but hey.. it's eR33t. You all know darn well had it been ch1ll that demolished some clan, but then talked in mm1, they would not have been forfeited, and that's just sad.

What your lookin for here is exemption from a clearly stated rule that ALL CLANS have had to follow as well as your own. 

The "decision" doesn't need a diligent thought as it is quiet elementry Y2J and again the rule clearly specifies "FORFEIT" for the afore mentioned offenses.

Shall we try this in another language like Spanish for you to grasp the concept that if you break a rule you receive the designated punishment.  Good Lord are you blind or something??  Anyone know Brail?

(shut Up Jimmy B!)

Seriously, you've pushed this way beyond rediculous and I am convinced that you are simply a spoiled, illiterate kid who refuses to accept reality on any level.  I can only remain respectful for so long and you've worn out even my patience with this.

Broken RULE = Specified Punishment

DEAL WITH IT!

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2006, 10:46:16 PM »
DP should just die.