Author Topic: Official Clan-Matching Rules  (Read 10882 times)

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
Official Clan-Matching Rules
« on: December 14, 2016, 11:55:02 AM »
General rules:

- The team who wins 2 maps wins the match (best of 3).
- Each team chooses one map to play.
- If each team won one map the teams can decide on a 3rd map (called "tie map") or accept the 1-1 ("tie").
- The team that plays on an enemy map or accepted a suggested map gets the teamcolor choice.
- If the teams don't want to play the match on one server (i.e. a high ping for one team) the following rule takes effect.
  Each team provides a home server and the enemys map gets played on it. The server choice for the tie map goes to the team with the better point difference in the first 2 maps.
  To check which team has the better point difference, add the score of each team from the 1st and 2nd map and the team with the higher score gets the server choice.

Fairplay rules:

- No cheating!
- When suggesting a tie map, each team should suggest the same amount of maps. The two maps that got played already are out of the map pool.
- It is frowned upon to play maps like "spawninabox" or "nightmare" in a match.
- If an enemy player is idle and the last man standing you shouldn't grab/cap the flag (unless you grabbed the flag while a player of the enemy team was actively playing) and just kill the player.
- If something went wrong at the start of the match (i.e. one player forgot to join in time) you should offer the team with the disadvantage a restart of the map.
- You shouldn't reconnect/quit to avoid the other team to cap/revive cap you. The only time you can reconnect (I'm talking to you K/D lovers) is between the rounds (again, not when you died and the round hasn't ended).
- No server admin abuse.

Default match server settings:

- fraglimit 50
- timelimit 20
- sv_gravity 800
- ffire 0
- grenadeffire 0
- elim 60
- ballspeed 2660
- deadtalk 1
- gren_explodeonimpact 0
- flagcapendsround 0
- guntemp_inc 0
- sv_maxvelocity 4096
- observerblackout 1
- PaintGrens 2
- SmokeGrens 1

Feel free to discuss and suggest rules.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 05:07:19 PM by rockitude »

Mission

• 68 Carbine
Re: Official Clan-Matching Rules
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 04:19:14 PM »
"The server advantage for the tie map goes to the team with the better point difference in the first two maps.

"
needs clarification

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 10:31:38 PM »
Not participating, however, you should make 10 tie maps right now. if any of them are played during the regular match, then those are dropped from the 10.

I'm telling you this will be a problem.

Each team should pick 5 tie maps ranked 1-5, 1 being their most desired. The two teams should paste their top 5 in chat. The maps that both teams have suggested will be the map.

Of course there may not be a tie for each teams 1st pick, so it would go by highest average, if team A had map 1: xbmap and team B has their #2 map as xbmap then that one will be played.

Of course if 2 teams can pick one without fighting, then let them.

Or have them take turns eliminating maps from the map pool until there is one left; The team who has the most points for after 2 maps will get first ban.

EDIT: thought this was for a tournament, this doesn't much apply for regular play.

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 12:18:28 PM »
i often got the problem that the enemy team doesnt accept any map i suggest even tho i already suggested 10-15 maps, they suggest like 3 or 4 and force my team to choose from their maplist.

i suggest a rule like this:
when it comes to the choice of the tie map, each team has to suggest at least 3 maps, if the playing teams cant argue on a tie map, the map has to be choosen from the maplist of the team which suggested the most maps.

EDIT: thanks for opening this topic, i already thought about making something like this a few times :)

EDIT 2:
another suggestion:
if a team chooses a map which is new/unknown to the enemy, informations (how many points is/are the flag(s) worth etc..) have to be provided, also the enemy team has at least 10 minutes  to take a look on the map and its paths.

we should make rules for players who timeout aswell.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 12:50:45 PM by lukip »

Minerva

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 04:07:37 PM »
What about tie map elimination? each team chooses 3 or 5 maps then you start eliminating and the map left is the tiebreaker

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 05:13:21 PM »
The tie map selection will always be a problem if there is no rules about it, what is considered as a tiemap ? what isnt ? We already see teams suggesting excrement maps such as (oddjob/ nightmare ect..) just so they force the opposite team on picking the map they wanted to play BUT it shouldnt be the case.

Thats where the tiemap list interfere, its a must-need, i would recommand to base a list on the actual meta of maps being played by the active scene so the tiemap list follow the trend. Or doing a monthly vote for this list , so players can vote for the maps they want to see on the list.

Something between 7-10 suggestions (considering you made it to a score of 1 - 1 in a match and played maps that are in the list, it reduce the tiemap suggestion to 5 minimum) and then as minerva mentionned teams start doing a tie map elimination on the remaining maps on the list.

Anyways, if we want to set generale rules for a match it has to be fair and done properly without letting doubts.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 06:34:22 AM »
xd you should better focus on getting new players into the match scene

Minerva

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 12:38:46 PM »
These new players into the matching scene need to know what are the basic rules for a competitive match in DP2