Author Topic: 2V2 TOURNAMENT RESULTS  (Read 18935 times)

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
2V2 TOURNAMENT RESULTS
« on: January 11, 2017, 08:32:23 PM »
Congratulations to [DPLEGENDS] For winning the 2v2 tournament!

Tonight 8 Teams turned up to battle it out late into the night to see who was skilled enough to take victory.

[DPLEGENDS] consisting of aveiRik and SQZ, stormed through the bracket, not losing a single match, then dominated at the final. A big congratulations.

1st:  [DPLEGENDS] (aveiRik & SQZ)
2nd: .cM8t- (picky & rockitude)
3rd:  SHK & Apollon

Check out (make sure you have sound turned on) http://pro-paintball.com/winnerz.php

Bracket results can be found here:
http://challonge.com/dp2v2tournament1

Thank you everyone who participated. it would be fun to do this again sometime when we're online.

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
Re: 2V2 TOURNAMENT RESULTS
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 02:28:37 AM »
What maps was set for the tournament? When I see Picky & Spain loosing against Peppah & Senix Im curious about the maplist... :) ..

Malibu

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 03:55:32 AM »
What maps was set for the tournament? When I see Picky & Spain loosing against Peppah & Senix Im curious about the maplist... :) ..

who is this guy?? you should try playing vs us

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 06:52:23 AM »

JMR is changing map list every tournament I believe, so it's not the same all the time. By the way Senix(NA) and Peppah(NA) had good performance beating picky and rockitude on EU server, they deserved win in that match.

pbcup_renoir, pbcup_pforest, carpathian, propaint1, pbcup_sassault, castle1, pp_sw, beta/twiling_b3, ruggedcountry

http://paintball.jordanmrichards.com/

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 08:50:17 AM »
who is this guy?? you should try playing vs us

Sorry man ;)

pbcup_renoir, pbcup_pforest, carpathian, propaint1, pbcup_sassault, castle1, pp_sw, beta/twiling_b3, ruggedcountry

Bleh, disgusting.. :D Flags for free

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 08:50:46 AM »

so many new maps, no wonder the oldschewlerz lost to teh newschoolers!11!!1 am i rite renger?!ß!1?

Minerva

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 03:28:30 PM »
doenst matter the map we played cus we had some fun fun fun funfunf funnnnnn

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 09:12:15 PM »
what are you talking about, that maplist is nice

spain is just new, give him time I can see GREATNESS in this guy

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 12:59:20 AM »
what are you talking about, that maplist is nice

Are you serious? Only reason why was established this maplist is JMRs lack of time which he can pay to his tournament.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 01:54:45 AM »
some of those maps are the best match maps ever created man show some respect, you hate filled bloak.

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 03:20:45 AM »
some of those maps are the best match maps ever created man show some respect, you hate filled bloak.
That is matter of opinion..  Also you have to distinguish between match and tournament and also between 2vs2 and 4vs4

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 11:43:34 AM »
You do not even play matches, let alone playing competitively in tournaments Ranger, so why do you even complain about?

Minerva

• Stingray
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 02:01:24 PM »
thats because he needs attention

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 03:39:31 AM »
Did I say so much? ... First I was curious Spain and Picky lost against Peppah and Senix.. I remember how Senix played.. If he skilled up, then  good job, I havent seen him for some time... Then I appologized to them... Secondly I have said something about maplist which is tournament after tournament more or less the same.. And attract only the same kind of 10 - 15 players. What about the others? ... You cannot play wobluda or carpathian in 1s or 2s and be taken seriously... What about some smaller face to face maps? I remember these big maps with ice and more flags was always picked up by 2nd class players who couldnt win another way.. Thats the fact. Howgh.. And omg, you guys dont fight with every different opinion which appears on your little pond..

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 08:03:49 AM »
Secondly I have said something about maplist which is tournament after tournament more or less the same.. And attract only the same kind of 10 - 15 players. What about the others?
Those maps keep staying around because people found out, that these maps have got the best flow for matches. You need tactics if you want to win a 3vs3 or 2vs2 on one of those maps. All of them are really hard to learn or to master. Also, which other players do you mean? Mention at least some players who are ACTIVE in the matching scene who complain about the nowadays' maps.

You cannot play wobluda or carpathian in 1s or 2s and be taken seriously... What about some smaller face to face maps?
Why not? First of all, I've never seen anyone playing carpathian in 1s. I've also never seen any rules for which maps are not allowed in a 2v2/3v3 etc. People are playing maps like these because it's FUN to play them. Sure, sometimes it's better to pick smaller, slower maps for 2s or 1s, cause it would be a 24/7 tradefest otherwise, in this point i agree with you. But on the other hand, smaller face to face maps are just boring for 90% of the community, since it's just spraying and sitting behind corners.

I remember these big maps with ice and more flags was always picked up by 2nd class players who couldnt win another way.. Thats the fact.
When was this? 2004? In my opinion ice maps like Tatras or Prolandr or maps like Renoir, Carp, castle1... are the hardest maps to learn in this game. You HAVE to be a decent jumper if you want to win there. Obviously the so called "2nd class players" were better jumpers, than the "oldschooler pros". I doubt, that the required skill on maps like pbcup or airtime is anywhere near to the skilllevel of the maps I've mentioned. I don't see how those players could be anywhere worse than those, who've played face-to-face maps. (Btw, didn't DaRk' match a lot on c1, even tho it's a 2-Flag-Map?)

Howgh.. And omg, you guys dont fight with every different opinion which appears on your little pond..
You are allowed to have your opinion, nobody says the opposite. But You should not complain about things you're not even taking part at and other players who are directly involved are fine with. Also, if you share your opinion you have to expect criticism and arguments, that are against your opinion.

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 10:34:19 AM »
Ranger, it does seem like you are out of touch with the new meta of the game, heck it isn't even that new. People don't play oddjob or blitz anymore, but I will ask JMR about the possibility of replacing ruggedcountry and pp_sw with other, maybe oldschool, maps, to attract
the other
players you speak of.

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 03:04:34 AM »
Okay, one more response to your questions..

Zenit, such a maps gives advantage only for a certain kind of players - Because not everybody is able to hit fast moving (flying) targets and its not always matter of practise. Which other players did I mean? Players from public servers for example.. Even those, who are not so active but from time to time they are reading forum..

On smaller maps you can learn some important lessons, like the ability of patience and clear concentration. Why are such a maps for you guys boring? Because you too much used to get everything fast.

"2nd class players" was not necessary better jumpers, others are able to do same jumps but thea know they are an easy target while jumping, thats all..  I didnt ment necessary pb_cup or airtime, it wouldnt be ideal maps for tournament.. More ways to flag is absolutely Ok, but without crazy speeds. I ment maps where your goal is not to grab a flag  and trying to run as fast as you can and make 5 points because your opponent blocked somewhere.. thats not a clear victory in my opinion. Its true that DaRk played a lot maps like C1, etc.. But you know not everybody has mates with who can practise tactic and on smaller maps where you can rely more on your concentration, chances are beginning to ~ balance :) ... I admit some of your points, but some not

MrPeach

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 07:42:08 AM »
When was this? 2004? In my opinion ice maps like Tatras or Prolandr or maps like Renoir, Carp, castle1... are the hardest maps to learn in this game. You HAVE to be a decent jumper if you want to win there. Obviously the so called "2nd class players" were better jumpers, than the "oldschooler pros".
I wouldn't say that you need special jump skills to play well on most maps you mentioned, certainly not on c1, carp or renoir where team play and some tactics are much more important and there are not so many difficult jumps. Believe me or not but those people you ironically call ''oldschooler pros'' knew how to jump.

I get Ranger's point because I myself don't like playing big maps in 2vs2 games, I believe that pace of the game on maps like carp, c1, renoir or tatras is much better and you have to show more skill when it's actually 3vs3. I remember that couple of years ago most people wouldn't think about choosing these maps in 2vs2 matches and if someone would it was irritating. Oh well, time changes and popularity and number of players in this game decreased which is probably a reason why people started playing these great maps in any game.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 09:16:36 PM by MrPeach »

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2017, 08:10:20 AM »
I apologise for the poor maplist this tournament. It was all organised on the fly, last moment, so I did not bother to update the website with a new maplist, it was left over from my last 3v3 tournament.

I could hold another Global Maplist Vote including perhaps some older maps.

I cannot please everyone. But I can try to listen to what the majority want. Feel free to send me a message with the maps which you'd like to see on the global maplist and I'll consider creating another poll including those maps.

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2017, 09:01:24 AM »
Doing a poll is a mistake JMR. Polls wont give you anything new. Tournament should be little different than ordinary matching scene.

In school you also dont vote from which subjects do you want to be examined to find out your level of knowledge. You have to choose the right maps.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 03:05:33 AM by Ranger »