Author Topic: 2V2 TOURNAMENT RESULTS  (Read 18936 times)

Minerva

• Stingray
Re: 2V2 TOURNAMENT RESULTS
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2017, 11:29:28 AM »
lmao

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2017, 12:46:13 PM »

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2017, 07:48:53 PM »
You just showed how dumb you are if you consider yourselves as the whole community. And Im already bored with your constant crying about campers.. Show some self confident.. And look sometimes at maps from Jitspoe how he intended this game to look like.

You mean, the game that would have been dead years ago? A game that is focused on strategic, slow-pace gameplay, and 1 shot kill? Remove 1 shot kill, and you have CoD and every other better-quality game out there.

DP evolved into what it is today. And this evolving is the ONLY reason it has ANY players still playing. The 'slow-pace' game died over a decade ago. Why is this conversation even happening right now? Are you angry that you cannot keep up. A lot of games evolve into games that are not the same as the original vision the developers had, but you have to go with it to keep the game alive - pleasing the majority is how you make a game. It's a 1-hit-kill capture the flag game, it makes complete sense to be focused on jumping, as it should be difficult (which it really isn't) to hit people.

DP has managed to stay alive for like 2 decades, that's more than almost any game out there. And that is because the game has changed drastically, with the help of the community (some great mappers), which kept people entertained, and increased the learning curve to give players a reason to play. Static games die - and you seem to lack the basic understanding of how the game grew.

But hey, I guess it's a good thing you don't have control over the game. Most tournaments in the past have had voting for map lists, and the same maps would come out on top.

Good mappers and unique physics are what kept this game alive.

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2017, 05:03:25 AM »
Evolving is not always synonym for something possitive. And Im not really ashamed of cannot keeping up with others, Im not ready yet to develop an attention deficite disorder what is exactly where this leads to.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2017, 01:36:11 PM »
Evolving is not always synonym for something possitive. And Im not really ashamed of cannot keeping up with others, Im not ready yet to develop an attention deficite disorder what is exactly where this leads to.

Wow... I think I lost some brain cells reading this... but I'm bored enough to respond.

Evolving is not always synonymous to positive, sure - but that's also subjective. So, it actually is pretty but always synonymous to someone - and if it's positive to the majority, you can assume its overall a positive outcome. By that logic, which - is pretty sound logic, the game lasting this two decades would suggest the evolution was positive. You realize if arenaball and those types of maps were the way the game should be played, then people would have stuck around playing those games. People PREFERRED faster pace, that's why people played it - if the majority preferred slower pace maps, they would have kept happily playing it. So uhh... yeah... I'd say in this case, its pretty intercoursen obvious that it is a synonym for something positive.

You being unable to keep up is a result of you lacking the skill. I mean, I've been around for a decade, and know plenty of people who have been around for 15+ years, and never have I once heard someone say "wow Ranger is good". Like, you're someone nobody knows who couldn't keep up in any meta of the game.

Also, if you're going to try to bring up forms of mental illness your poor argument, you should know "ADD" is not actually a thing. There is no such thing as attention deficit disorder. Your statement also contradicts itself - because just by words, having attention deficit disorder would mean you can't hold your attention span down, which would mean you can't keep concentrated to learn the new things of jumping/speed etc... So, by you "not having" this fabricated illness, you should be at an advantage, no? You should easily be able to out class the majority of this game.

But anyways, that was fun to respond to. You're just some never-was who pretends hes a has-been and spends so much time arguing about the game to hope new players think you were something talented at one time. But in a game that's only alive from people who play 5+ years, you're just some annoying person who I really hope is a troll, otherwise you're just retarded.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2017, 06:13:37 PM »
PogChamp

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2017, 04:31:43 AM »
Ok Myers, you say this evolving kept the game alive, but you havent any proof for that. In fact there is less players than ever before. Logically thinking person  would consider exact opposite of what you are saying is true..

My skill level is not lower than yours or anybody here. Its not any science to play well with a good connection and low traffic. Everybody knows that, it seems only you guys on forum  had felt into that illusion that you are somehow special..

And I never heard about your nickname, so its fair.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2017, 05:23:18 AM »
Lets just sit around a table in a pub, order pints & celebrate the wonderful thing that is life with a friendly atmosphere.

(no need to arg on who is better.. its really pointless gaming is for fun after all)

Cheers.

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2017, 06:14:53 AM »
Okay, i could't keep staying away, your bs just got me again Ranger.

Ok Myers, you say this evolving kept the game alive, but you havent any proof for that. In fact there is less players than ever before. Logically thinking person  would consider exact opposite of what you are saying is true..
Yes, ofc, every logically thinking person would consider the game's evolution is, what made players leaving. It's definetly not the fact, that most of the older players grew older, got family, got carreers (you're obviously not one of them, otherwise you wouldn't find time to post useless nonsense here). Nope, it's definetly the changed gamestyle. Also, nobody would think about playing other games which had better graphics, a story or tons of players. No, why'd that be a reason, right? I mean, evolution is a bad thing, as you say, so the evolution of the Gaming-Sector must be bad too. Better hardware, better games, better everything. Ew, right?

My skill level is not lower than yours or anybody here.
I like your jokes :D Makes your serious posts more fun to read! Keep it up!

Its not any science to play well with a good connection and low traffic. Everybody knows that, it seems only you guys on forum  had felt into that illusion that you are somehow special..
And another one! Oh, you little troll you! This is comlpete bs. Every decent player can keep his level even with high ping. Give them a bit time to get used to it and they will be almost equal to their low-ping-skill. Ofc it limits them a bit, but looking to Senix, shk and other high-ping players on eu servers can easily compete to eu players and vice versa. Also I'm thinking of Shep, who was a player from Australia (correct me if im wrong). He had always around 300-400 ping and still could keep up. Also the brazilian community, Hox, Minerva etc. All of them didn't really struggle even tho their ping was 200-300. If you would play matches, you'd know that. But well, you're rather talking complete senseless trash in forums, trying to get noticed.

Still trying to figure out if you are really serious with strong limited mindset or just a great troll.

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2017, 06:44:30 AM »
Oh really? Im trying to get noticed Zenit? Im typing relatively briefly, look who is typing the whole stories.. Its not me.. .. For your information, I didnt talk about ping, but about quality of connection and net traffic, read it again. Ping is only theoretical information and says nothing about how playable the game for each player is.

And before I end posting to this topic, I said some not nice words about JeongWa, I appologize for that.

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2017, 09:00:02 AM »
So basically you are only responding to one of the points I've made, since you obviously wouldn't find arguments for the others. Yes, just ignore like 90% of my arguments and pick out the easiest to argue on. Well played sir. I don't really understand, how only "quality of connection and net traffic" can make the diffrence between good, average and bad players. This game is not about about good connection at all. If you want to be good, you have to outsmart and outplay your opponent, which is  the case in almost every competitive game, looking at CS, League or Dota. In DP it's prediction, lining, thinking about ways your opponent could go, how to counter his gameplay, things that could happen in 1v3, 1v1 and so on. 50% is about using your brain, 45% is about jumping and aim (rhymeskills onpoint). Maybe 5% is about connection/ping/hardware. That's how I see it. Also, my "whole stories" are here just for you, trying to make you understand this whole thing, which clearly isn't the case. Well, I tried.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2017, 12:32:40 PM »
Ranger, basically what I see in your sentences is you talking bs about other players or talking big about yourself. Can you back it up? Get server if yes. If you will loose with 30 pts difference or less I will consider that as your win.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2017, 07:59:05 PM »

And I never heard about your nickname, so its fair.

177 posts says never heard of person with 1570 posts.... hmm wonder who the newbie around here is. Not to mention, my participation and majority winning of all tournaments in the last decade...

Anyways, wheres my proof? Are you illiterate? My proof is this post, and your post, and every player whos playing a game thats 2 decades old. Thats my proof about evolution of this game - the majority has always controlled the direction of the game - because this game is only controlled by the player base. Small things like ball speed change etc.. may have caused some people to quit, but the community dictates the maps, they own the servers, etc.etc.. that the majority rules in this game. Therefore, any changes that aren't done by Jitspoe are always done by majority preference - which allowed the game to get this far. Sure, its pretty dead, but it had no business being alive the last 7 or so years

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2017, 08:06:17 AM »
Firstly, it gives me no pleasure beating you Squeeze.. Secondly, Zenit, Myers: I understand you are happy when is somebody talking with you and for a moment takes your nonsenses seriously, lesson learned

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2017, 08:45:51 AM »
peace & love, we are all equal

edit: #luckiesclubisback#myersyourewelcome#missedyou
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 09:18:38 AM by luckmore »

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2017, 04:12:08 PM »
177 posts says never heard of person with 1570 posts.... hmm wonder who the newbie around here is.

I can confirm we have been going through bullexcrement with Myers since multiple years. Myers' e-peen definitely is bigger!

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2017, 06:08:28 PM »
tbh looking back, my favourite matches were against uR on blitz. Well, not when they were aimbotting I guess.

I added this because I am the supreme leader of Australia.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2017, 07:37:26 PM »
tbh looking back, my favourite matches were against uR on blitz. Well, not when they were aimbotting I guess.

I added this because I am the supreme leader of Australia.

zpar11beta_betazpar11 is #1

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2017, 05:00:58 PM »
Supreme leader of Australia approves

claudius

• PGP
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2017, 09:21:05 AM »
Supreme leader of Australia approves