Author Topic: PRIZED Tournament  (Read 9900 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
PRIZED Tournament
« on: February 10, 2017, 05:14:20 PM »
Hey everyone - I've recently started streaming (going to start a YouTube/Twitter etc..) and figured it'd be fun to run a tournament for the game I've spent over a decade playing.

Even though DP2 is not an 'eSports' game - I think the person running the tournament should not be participating when money is involved. I'm not putting up money to try to win it myself, I'm putting up some money as an incentive for people to play! I will be casting games alongside former DP2 player RewinD. Plus, this should be pretty fun and allows for constant content rather than breaks in the stream.

I wanted to find a way to stream DP (Although, this game stream quality isn't the BEST on twitch) but, the only way it made sense is to ensure I had 4+ hours of continuous content. How can I do that? A tournament!

The next step was finding how I can ensure 6-8 teams... and I came up with... Prizes! Who doesn't want a chance at money?

Prize amount: TBD -- But it will be WINNER-TAKE-ALL. Probably 40-60$, 20 per player. Nothing too much, if I make more streaming I'll up the prize.

Format: TBD -- Based on the amount of posts in this thread will influence whether I do 2v2 or 3v3. I'd prefer a 3v3 - if possible.

Date & Time: TBD -- My goal is to do it in March - the time will also depending on the majority of respondents. It'll be a neutral time, that caters slightly more to the majority.

Map-List: I will make a map list of 5 maps (depending on size of tournament). Each team chooses 1 map, tie is elimination of remaining 3.

Servers: Each team will pick their server of choice, and if different, tie will be a coin flip done on stream. Yes, completely RNG - not based on point differential.

Teams: Teams will be made up of the amount of playing players, plus 1 sub. (3 people for 2v2 tournament, 4 people for 3v3 tournament). You don't need the sub spot filled, but it is the max allowed per team.

Stream: www.twitch.tv/MyersLoL -- I also plan on having Squeeze make a highlight reel of the tournament and I will be uploading it to YouTube.

Rules: Basic stuff of NO CHEATING (duh?), SHOW UP ON TIME OR DQ (duh?), SPECTATE COMMENTATORS (Yes, you actually have to do this. And yes, I will enforce it and DQ people who don't. DP does not have a spectate feature. Deal with it).

What I need: Access to both NA and EU servers for the tournament. I have not been active, so I do not know who to contact for this. I also need PARTICIPATION from the community - without people playing, it wont work. There is a minimum amount of participants for me to run this.

Thank you for your time, and hopefully we're able to make this turn into someone. If anyone would like to help run it, or has any suggestions, feel free to post or message me.

Follow and support my Social Media for updates
www.Twitch.tv/MyersLoL
www.Twitter.com/LoLMyeRs_

Morphin

• VM-68
Re: PRIZED Tournament
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 04:42:05 AM »
-cM8t. will play. Preferring 3v3.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 05:36:39 AM by Morphin »

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 05:26:48 AM »
It is really cool that you're doing this!

#sPec# will most likely participate. Preferring 3v3.

I currently don't have an EU host set up. Currently there's one Arctic server and 3 OTB. If that is not enough, perhaps I will have to rent out an EU host for the tournament.

This should be a lot of fun! Followed your media.

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 05:51:39 AM »
cant wait, thanks myers

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 01:25:56 AM »
>o.O<, shk, chem, sqz

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 06:28:46 AM »
MyeRs, Luckie, sk8ter #teamluckie

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 05:44:41 AM »
Very nice idea, going to be fun for sure!
.dG> would like to play, preferring 3s. Roster depends on date + time, so I'd appreciate if this being discussed as soon as possible.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 12:31:23 PM »
Interested teams:

1) cm8t
2) sPec
3) o.O
4) dG

All prefering 3v3 - however 4 interested teams is not enough to run a tournament. Will need confirmation from more. Those with friends playing, and contact with other teams --> if you want the tournament to happen, send them here.

Malibu

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 11:52:29 AM »
btQ-Peppah-Senix  Sign up

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 02:28:55 PM »
cP has interest (Clipz, Jitspoe, Swk) but we would need to know a time and date in advance due to work.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 04:41:55 PM »
Addition of cP and Senix's crew makes it 6 --- I need 8 to commit to booking off a day off work to run a tournament. If we cannot get at least 8 interested (interested doesn't even mean they all will actually attend) then I am not going to run this.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 04:41:28 AM »
Myself, Boyka and lukii might be interested in this event.

We are not signing-up until there are more informations about the dates and the format but i'm notifying you that you have a team to add-up to the list potentially.

kuipo

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 01:18:14 PM »
Sign [aT] - inler, summum, voxl

JustLuck

• PGP
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 06:49:50 AM »
draham, justluck - we are interested.

we'd also need to know the date in advance in order to really sign up

edit: we might have a third, also depending on the date

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 10:17:15 AM »
Hmm, since it took so long to get 8 teams to even show interest in a tournament, I'm thinking I might move this after exams to try to give some motivation for people to play for the summer. And if successful, run another one mid summer. Thoughts? Would this work better? I know I cant run it in April due to school, so it's either I try to run it in 2-3 weeks or wait for after exams, which may bring more participation

Whaley

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 10:37:15 PM »
I down to play, need some partners though

JustLuck

• PGP
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2017, 01:56:10 PM »
not really sure if it'd get more people interested, i think there are really not many people playing this game anymore (impression from casually checking the serverbrowser every now and then)

Tini

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017, 05:18:27 PM »
There, there DP community.  TiNi is here.

I will gather 2 mates.  I believe our clan will be NonBinary.

Tini

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2017, 05:19:56 PM »
Whaley be my m8, we both have hot girlfriends, therefore we need a 3rd person with a hot girlfriend

and we shall call our team - kittyy slayers

Tini

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 05:29:49 PM »
I
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 08:43:56 PM by Tini »