Author Topic: Why can't we use sunmans textures.  (Read 2206 times)

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
Why can't we use sunmans textures.
« on: June 08, 2017, 05:42:54 AM »
Why can't people use sunmans textures? Give me some really good explanations.

Nowadays you can setup your gamma on screen, jitspoes grass looks like a sunmans, literally. Barrels are brighter, and with black equalizer on max. you can see dark exactly like with white sky lmao.

Playing on 120Hz/144Hz vs 60Hz in FPS game is crucial advantage, not textures because they are brighter. Nowadays I can setup my monitor however I want to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hUyeiqoGQk

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
Re: Why can't we use sunmans textures.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 09:32:16 AM »
If you change the brightness on your screen the player model will get brighter too and have the same colour as the barrels.
With sunman's textures that won't be the case. The player will have a darker colour than the bright barrel and you have an advantage to spot him. The same applies to the darker player model on the bright grass.

I'm not sure if 144hz monitors are really brighter than 60hz monitors. IPS panels would give you an advantage with the sunman textures though, because they have a higher contrast. On the other hand you will have a worse reaction time compared to TN panels.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 04:28:06 AM »
Yes they are brighter, but this is mainly about black equalizer. If you raise it to max. it will make dark spots easily visible, grass will be brighter and player model because it's blue and red stays the same. After some time playing with monitor, setting up everything from color temperature to blur reduction, I setup monitor that makes grass bright, barrels are bright, and player models because they have other colors as a texture, (white, black) stays the same. So I basically setup monitor that shows jitspoes textures like sunmans with brightness etc., I can see everything in dark without problem etc. So I'm actually using jitspoes that looks like sunmans now, why other people who can't modify their monitors can't use them? Textures aren't advantage at all. I've been playing with sunmans couple of times, I've been playing with jitspoes and still Iam, and I had no advantage, it didn't had any influence on my gameplay. Every person can download them and use them. It's simple, why this would not be allowed. On the other side what is really big advantage is good PC and 144 - 240 Hz display. In FPS games if you spot someone earlier you will kill him first. This is advantage that not a lot of people have, not textures. They doesnt have an influence on your reflexes (reaction time) or ingame mindset and skill performance. Textures will not make you aim better or jump better. Spotting enemy faster? BuIIexcrement. I've tried it.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 03:10:06 AM »
Yes they are brighter, but this is mainly about black equalizer. If you raise it to max. it will make dark spots easily visible, grass will be brighter and player model because it's blue and red stays the same. .....
As rocki already stated
If you change the brightness on your screen the player model will get brighter too and have the same colour as the barrels.
With sunman's textures that won't be the case. The player will have a darker colour than the bright barrel and you have an advantage to spot him.
With official textures you can't modify your monitor to highlight only a blue player who is standing in front of a blue barrel (because they have almost the same color) or at least to a very limited extent. With sunman's you would be able to do that pretty easily, since there is such a huge difference in color saturations. And that's just one of the examples. Sunman's (and most of the other packs) modify the way the game 'highlights' players on a map. Be it easier or harder to spot, you are still modifying something very crucial to the game, which shouldn't be possible.

Also, there is a reason why CS:GO doesn't allow external textures in official servers. First off, because mappers can rely on them (and that is by far the most important argument imo) and they knwo for sure that their map will always look consistently. The same applies to PB. Secondly, because an advantage some of the packs would offer would be highly personal view and it could stir a lot of discussion inside the community etc.

Summed up:
1) Reliability for mappers
2) No room for discussion (even though we are talking specifically about sunman's, once you allow one exception, others will want their exception as well)
3) Everyone gets the same game with exactly the same color balances and 'color interactions'