Re: DPLib
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 08:50:12 AM »

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 05:30:54 PM »
v1.3 released.

New features:

'On game end' event (Server.on_game_end(), Server.wait_for_game_end())
Status query support (Server.get_status(), Server.get_simple_playerlist())
Get cvar method (Server.get_cvar())

Install:

Code: [Select]
python3 -m pip install DPLib
Upgrade:

Code: [Select]
python3 -m pip install --upgrade DPLib

cnly

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 01:59:27 PM »
Nice error handling bro.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 06:13:36 AM »
Nice error handling bro.
nice nickname payl, u still around?

cnly

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 06:44:33 AM »
nice nickname payl, u still around?
I'm not payl, obviously. ROT-13(payl) is obviously not cnly!
But payl is still around from time to time, which is nowadays "very active" comparing to others.

Too bad you didn't answer my comment. Being programmer with more years I wanted to raise your attention to terrible error handling. Some methods do raise errors. Some don't, instead returning a string like "here, do something with that". That isn't good design. I understand that error handling is hard thing to do, but I believe also that it's one of most important things. Just wanted to give that hint to you.

And also your dp server browser on android is... not necessary. I wouldn't pay for including it in store, or ask other people to help me... But that's just my opinion.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 07:53:16 AM »
I'm not payl, obviously. ROT-13(payl) is obviously not cnly!
But payl is still around from time to time, which is nowadays "very active" comparing to others.

Too bad you didn't answer my comment. Being programmer with more years I wanted to raise your attention to terrible error handling. Some methods do raise errors. Some don't, instead returning a string like "here, do something with that". That isn't good design. I understand that error handling is hard thing to do, but I believe also that it's one of most important things. Just wanted to give that hint to you.

And also your dp server browser on android is... not necessary. I wouldn't pay for including it in store, or ask other people to help me... But that's just my opinion.

SB and that lib are my personal projects. I've written that serverbrowser some time ago to learn Android, the lib was my attempt on asyncio. Not all the errors are handled and not all the methods are implemented - it's not a final version.
Also, I wouldn't waste my time on developing stuff for DP if I wanted to create something popular/useful.