Author Topic: 2v2 Tournament in DP2  (Read 4382 times)

omni

• 68 Carbine
2v2 Tournament in DP2
« on: September 12, 2017, 05:53:33 AM »
2v2 Tournament!

Wanted to host a tourney cause there aren't many and they are fun, trying to keep it as basic as possible.

Signups
Reply in this thread your Team name and players and tag if you're playing in a fun team, OR message me on discord with this information. People wishing to sign up last minute is absolutely fine, posting interest to play here is only to give an indication of what the turnout will be like.

Time&Date/ Servers
The plan is to host the tournament this Saturday evening at around 6:30-7pm GMT. Currently trying to obtain tournament servers in eu.

Rules
Please refer to the official match rules set out by Rockitude. http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=28490.0 they will suffice for this basic tourney.

As for Tournament Specific rules. Its a 2v2 (  :( ) as established. Using ringers or subs who aren't signed up is acceptable as long as they have not played in the tournament up until that point and the opposing team agrees to it.
Do not reconnect during rounds, in between rounds is fine, if a team feels somebody has abused this rule, upon review of demos a team found "guilty" will be disqualified. Please trash talk each other.

Format: Due to expecting a lack of players for now I plan to make the tourney a single map double elim with exception to the final which is a BO3. If the turnout is low the format can be changed accordingly to give players more games (against the same teams most likely :[ ) or vice versa; shorter bracket with more teams.

Maplist
Airtime
Pbcup_pforest
g2_b2
Wobluda_fix
pp1
shazam22
tatras
zephyrus_b5
prolandr

Tried to pick maps that are "popular" right now.
Each team elims a map that they do not want to play from the list until there is one left. Team at the top of the bracket elim's first, team at the bottom gets to select team colour.

If both teams can agree on a map outside of the map-list, this map can be used however if a team wants to select a map from the list, the list must be used.  

Finally at the end of the game, teams must post a screenshot, or failing to snap one, a demo in the match_results section on the discord server (which i'm assuming everyone has) the bracket can then be updated.

The bracket will be randomised just before the start of the tournament and people will be given their server and opponent via pm on discord.

https://discord.gg/hbHS4FD

Thanks and good luck

Participants
- #sPec# | omni + MisSioN
- .CROWN.| sqz + Jeongwa
- Team $uicide | lwsi + Ascra
- #sPoc# | Cozza + Fledster
- eNi | zenit + Senix
-       | Trappi + visa

Congrats to Jeo + sqz .CROWN. on victory!
http://challonge.com/dp2v2
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 04:34:15 PM by omni »

Mission

• 68 Carbine
Re: 2v2 Tournament in DP2
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 07:24:54 AM »
Tatras?
f00k off my mate
if you have tatras then where's carp

P.S. omni and me are having a LAN on the tournament date, so the winner gets a nude photo shoot of me and omni.

AYYYLMAOOO666

• PGP
Re: 2v2 Tournament in DP2
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 08:00:01 AM »
LMAOOO A TOURNAAAMENT XDDDD