Author Topic: New locs for "pbcup_pforest"  (Read 2312 times)

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
New locs for "pbcup_pforest"
« on: April 04, 2018, 03:39:51 AM »
Althought I never liked this map I quite enjoyed doing locs for this one. Old locs always confused me more than helped. So I made locs which are more intuitive and I tryed to do it as precisely as I could and eliminate locs bugs as much as I could.

You can test it. Feedback with possible bugs will be appriciated. :)
Demo and loc file in attachment

JeongWa

• Autococker
Re: New locs for "pbcup_pforest"
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 06:13:34 AM »
I think its a matter of preferences. Players are used to call places with old locs.

Something that would lead people wrong on your locs for exemple would be the :

- wet_sideways that you are calling backdoors.  (because of the old locs appellations)
- dry bridges that you are calling base bridges. (because of the existing base-bridges in bases)

Other than that, i think its okay and people would understand.

Something that i noticed on your locs is that you are adding way too much locs everywhere. Editing it would require to spend way more time that you normally should because of it.

Not sure if you know how locs works but it works that way: You add a loc on A and a loc B.

A   |   B

The center is the junction so basically everything on the left of the | center would be called A, and everything on the right B.  

For exemple compare the number of locs there is on my locs with yours.

ps: not sure if we are on the right section here you might want to take a look here: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=22299.msg258098#new

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
Re: New locs for "pbcup_pforest"
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 06:47:22 AM »
Its okay, I dont expect oldschoolers to change their locs for mine because they are used to theirs.

Yes I added a lot of locs everywhere on the map and it was on purpose because it eliminates possible bugs in recon. For example if you are jumping under bridge it will not say to you that you are on the bridge and so on..