Author Topic: Newmap: Rushed  (Read 1963 times)

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Newmap: Rushed
« on: July 31, 2018, 07:32:18 PM »
A small 1 flag map. It's rushed, but, I didn't have much time and I wanted to enter the contest.

I'll probably end up re-working it at some point if the layout works out.

Download: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgbQwmeV-ITugjJViLDCHrJfFb82

JeongWa

• Autococker
Re: Newmap: Rushed
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 03:55:28 AM »
The map looks really fun to play even if the original shape is a square, you spend times rounding it and its pleasant for the eyes. Cannot find any similarities with any other map which is a big plus.

Its a small map, would probably fit better for 1vs1 and 2vs2 and potentially for my PGP server.

This is definitely my crush for the mapping contest, well done JMR !

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 02:10:17 PM »
Layout seems fun.  One thing you might try to do is see if you can add some visibility blockers so you can't see all the way from one side to the other, as that will cause performance issues.  Also, you should try using _sun_surface instead of _sun_ambient.  It takes longer to compile but looks a lot better.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 11:28:08 AM »
This map was pretty fun to play.  I like that even though you can go super fast on the ice, it's not an easy insta-cap.  The faster you go on the ice, the more you're thrown up in the air on the ramp making you an easy target for somebody defending the cap point.

One thing you might consider changing is the height of the base trigger.  I've found it's very easy to just jump clear over your platform with a normal strafejump and not score.  Most maps have a taller trigger.

Visually, it would be nice to have the walls made of something other than solid wood, as that's kind of bland and doesn't really make sense. :)