Author Topic: Tournament - "One Last Stand"  (Read 2972 times)

Zenit

• VM-68
Tournament - "One Last Stand"
« on: September 25, 2018, 01:58:54 PM »
Greetings DP-Community,
it has been a while since anyone posted in the forums. Also been a while since there were more than 6 nonames together on a server, leave alone anyone playing a match. Let's be clear: we all used to love DP. It was part of the childhood for most of us. But sadly, this game died recently. Not like it was much active in the past few years, but I mean now seems to be dead-dead.

So, let's try and have one last big thing going on here. One last thing, to let this game die peacefully. One last stand.
I want you to play together with your team for one last time - in the last tournament of Digital Paint: Paintball 2. Let's cut the rivalries and stand up together for one last time.
As a community.

Format:
3vs3 tournament, double elimination. Depending on the amount of teams if it's going to be best of 1 or best of 3. (most likely Bo3, let's be real here)

Date:
Saturday, November 10th, 2018. Probably around 6pm CET.

Maps:
Classic maps, that dominated the competitive scene in the past years:
airtime, propaint1, carpathian, castle1, wobluda_fix, pbcup_pforest, pbcup_renoir, tatras, daylight_b1, duck_fix_b6

Servers:
Arctic-servers for EU. Hoping for help from NA-hosts to cover up both NA and EU community.

Rules:
Common match-rules. Do not cheat. Show up on time. Play fair.
Disconnecting during rounds (i.e. to prevent (respawn-)caps) means an auto forfeit on the current map for the disconnecting team (score: 0-50).
You are allowed to reconnect once the current round ended, if you need to fix lag issues.
A team must consist of at least 3, maximum 5 members. Subs are allowed. Fun tags are allowed.
You may not change rosters or switch teams, once the tournament started.

Teams:

- Conor McGregors: Mc.GREGOR- Sqz, Jeo, zNt

- sPecial: #sPec# omni, JMR, Fluk3, Mission

- Checkmate: -cM8t. picky, rockitude, prozajik

Players looking for a team:

- kKd

- hohoh

- Ranger (I guess?)

Note: You can also sign up as a single player, if you are looking for a team to join or create.

(There might be a prizepool aswell. I am going to update this topic to add teams, rules and informations, so stick around.)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 05:10:30 AM by Zenit »

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
Re: Tournament - "One Last Stand"
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 07:17:24 AM »
Are you sure you dont want your "Last Stand" hurry on the 5th of october? :)

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 07:48:12 AM »
If you are pointing out to Event coming up on October 6th, it's gonna be dominant, one sided match for McGregor. We are confident about that as well as we are proud to wear this name and will wear this clan tag on November 10th.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 08:09:53 AM »
Me, JMR and Fluk3 will play - Team #sPec#. Should be a rather routine win for us.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 03:53:13 AM »
-cM8t. will play - picky, rockitude, prozajik

kKd

• Stingray
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 08:00:58 AM »
Sign me up! Dont have a team tho

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 02:38:45 AM »
it's gonna be dominant, one sided match for McGregor. We are confident about that...

Never bet everything, might happen you loose it. Continence not confidence is a virtue.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 03:08:21 AM by Ranger »

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 06:45:50 AM »
Never bet everything, might happen you loose it. Continence not confidence is a virtue.

I would highly appreciate if you would use the thread only to sign up if you would like to play in the tournament.
Thanks in advance.

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 10:48:12 AM »
I understand you, its unacceptable to point out at a pathological narcissistic behavior.

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 12:22:35 PM »
Hosting a tournament means pathological narcisstic behaviour? Why are you trying to be offensive again, Ranger? Maybe you should re-read sqz's comment to understand, that he was referring to the fight between Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov that happened on october 6th, when he talked about dominance and one sided match. This had nothing to do with the TEAM "Mc.GREGOR" playing in the tournament of DP. We are aiming for peace in this tournament, since it is most likely going to be the last one this game sees.

You can send me a personal message if you still want to insult me or my team, but stop posting anything offensive towards anyone here. I want to keep this thread clean from any rivalries that happened in the past. I am asking the moderators to remove any unnecessary comment from this thread in the future.

Again, feel free to sign up if you would like to play.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2018, 02:30:05 PM »
Unfortunately I will not be participating in this tournament, however I would like to wish Team "McGregor" the same success as Conor McGregor had against Khabib!!!!!

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2018, 05:38:22 PM »
Myers we already know you won't play in this tournament, it would have the same ending for you over and over again, no matter how hard you try. A man that does not keep his word. Your tournament was just a big talk, even one of your teammates admitted that. A man that does not keep his word is not confident man, just lying bastard. We got it. We are proudly wearing McGregor clan tag but his confidence that he had in his fight has nothing to do with our confidence inside Digital Paint: Paintball 2, simple as that.

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 10:04:03 AM »
I can sub for sPec

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 02:21:46 AM »
bleh
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:43:41 AM by Ranger »

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2018, 01:11:28 AM »
Unfortunately, we won't have time to participate (away for the whole weekend). Though I guess the tourney wouldn't have happened anyway with only 3 teams signed up.

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 12:29:58 PM »
Yup, cancelled due to lack of participation. Thanks to everyone who was ready to play though! Guess it's time to move on.