Author Topic: PRIZE ?  (Read 1900 times)

triks

• PGP
PRIZE ?
« on: November 19, 2018, 09:15:04 PM »
Hi DP2

I was just wondering - What would you think would be a good tournament prize to attract a lot of old players / any players ? I'm personally ready to put a good amount of money to have a real good old paintball day. I was thinking maybe 1000$ for 3v3 ? 4v4 ? Do you guys thinks it would be an attractive prize ? Not enough ?

Looking forward for your comments

Triks

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
Re: PRIZE ?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 04:14:07 AM »
Dont offer this amount from your pocket. If you want to get players to play, everyone of them should contribute with their fair share, maybe just small symbolic amount. Get them involved... Wouldnt it be for them more attractive to play?

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 04:35:54 AM »
I think a prize of 1000 bucks would be attractive enough to get people to play. The problem will be to get people know about it though. Maybe you should also split the money for like the top 3, so people have better chances of winning some of it. (I am personally for winner takes it all, but that wouldn't pleasure most of the players I guess :p)

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 04:51:26 AM »
A 1000$ prize pool would for sure attract alot of teams and more teams than this game ever hard. Advertise your tournament trough forums, social medias, discord, task people to directly pm OLD acquaintance from DP and last, find a skilled streamer to shoutcast & hype the event and you'll have the best day you ever had on the game for sure.

If you look at the past tournaments, the ones with cash-prizes were the ones with the most participation and i cant remember of any tournament coming even close to that amount of money. I'm actually interested in seeing how many teams this kind of event would gather together because it probably would be something we did not see in years.

Afterward,  lets say this tournament is over, you now spread the word that potentially another edition could take place in the future and that would make teams and players sticking to the game for the most part.

#BeTheHeroDPNeeds

triks

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 08:23:18 PM »
Wouldnt it be for them more attractive to play? :

Well I don't know...For the moment, I'm just starting the idea and gathering people's opinions. For my part, $ 1000 does not change anything for me. But thanks for the feedback.

The problem will be to get people know about it though :

One thing at time :p... If the people like the idea, we'll get throught that for sure !.... And if some people are ready to put money with me... Prize for the top 3 will be a good idea. Also..depending on how many teams there will be, I'm ready to add some money. 1000$ - 500$ - 250$ would certainly be more attractive.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 09:56:58 AM »
Wow Triks! That is a wild idea and it is certainly one which will get more people to play.

I agree with zenit and JeongWa about advertising it. A tournament with that kind of money could attract potential new players into the game, alongside bringing back old ones.

It may be wise to run a league instead of a single tournament, that way the activity and hype around it is more spread.

I have been working on a centralised matchmaking system to allow full rule enforcement, strict map choices and automatic tracking of scores and statistics. -- Would you be interested in partnering with me on an event with this sometime in the future? We could say that the team with the highest rank by the end of a certain month will win a prize.

With that kind of money, you could even throw a mapping competition in there too -- attracting mappers from Quake. The best of those maps could then contribute to the official maplist of your event.

If you need any help with something, just let me know. You can send me a private message on Discord.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 10:20:10 AM »
Imo, do some "survey", before you announce a tournament/league. Send info to all old/new players, q2 players who played/heard about dp2, etc. and you will see if it will have success or not.

But it's really nice of you, that you want to create a tourney/league with a prize pool.

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 03:54:59 PM »
I could also try to help spreading the information, feel free to msg me on discord!