Author Topic: ub_cliff beta  (Read 1409 times)

WarWulf

• Autococker
ub_cliff beta
« on: March 31, 2019, 04:32:18 PM »
ITCHIBAN

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uon2lbu228ln882/ub_cliffr.rar

i still have a lot to do to this map with modeling and textures + i work 50-60 hours a week so i only got weekends sometimes when im not doing 3d printing for my business.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: ub_cliff beta
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 04:34:53 AM »
Lots of interesting ideas in this one, but in a way it's kind of the opposite of the spirit of the original ub_cliff.  The first was very beginner friendly.  Very straightforward -- only one path and flag to worry about, and the jumps weren't too crazy.  This is going kind of bonkers with some of the paths, and while it is possible to reach the flags without trick jumps, it's not very intuitive, and puts newer players at a severe disadvantage.  The lava hazards might be a bit too extreme, too, for players just learning how to jump.

Maybe it's fine, though.  I'd just like to see more maps made to help bring new players into the game and not designed to be exclusive to people who have been playing for decades.

If you're ever on for Social Saturday and want to play it for more feedback, let me know.  We played it a while back.  Like I said, some interesting ideas, but I feel like there's too much going on all at once.