A lot of things have happened since the last release. I was kind of pouring my heart and soul into LawBreakers hoping it would usher in a new era of fast paced first person shooters, but it didn't.
Now it's gone, and Paintball2 is still here, so I'm trying to get back in the swing of putting out releases.
Sadly there's not a whole lot new here. A long time ago, I started adding native IRC support to try to build a more active community, but now everybody has migrated to Discord, so that's kind of pointless. You can still access it using the console with "irc_connect" and "irc_say", if you want to chat with somebody on another game server, I guess? Didn't do the UI or have it auto-connect since I doubt most people will use it.
There are also some contributions from T3RR0R15T and xrichardx for scoreboard sorting and multi-column list widgets (don't have the menus set up to use that, yet, though).NOTE TO SERVER ADMINS: If you have a custom commands.txt file, be sure to update it to add addloginop and removeloginop at the highest login levels.
I've made it so you can add logins to servers based on global login id's, and you won't have to worry about passwords getting leaked out.
Build 42 engine changelist:
- Feature: Native IRC support to join the #paintball channel on GlobalGamers. "irc_connect", "irc_say", "irc_quit" commands.
- Feature: Listview support for UI (Thanks, xrichardx)
- Cvar: "cl_scoreboard_sorting" - 1: sort by kills only, 2: sort algorithm with priority of grabs and caps, 3: sort with priority of grabs and caps
- Bugfix: "GL_Upload8: too large" error from corrupted texture files no longer stops the level from loading.
Game changelest 1.931 build 187:
- "sv_votemapenabled 2" only allows voting on maps that are in the maplist. 11:20 PM 2/23/2018
- "timelimit" default changed from 20 to 10.
- "addloginop" / "removeloginop" commands store players with a given DPLogin ID to an auto-op list.
- Bug fix to keep players logged in if they change the colors in their name.
- Fixed spelling of "possession"
Just need some people to test the windows installers before updating the downloads page. I'll work on getting a Linux build later:
Build 41 -> 42 update: http://digitalpaint.org/files/temp/paintball2_build042_update_pretest1c.exe