Author Topic: Build 42  (Read 2480 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Build 42
« on: June 12, 2019, 02:42:42 AM »
A lot of things have happened since the last release.  I was kind of pouring my heart and soul into LawBreakers hoping it would usher in a new era of fast paced first person shooters, but it didn't. :(  Now it's gone, and Paintball2 is still here, so I'm trying to get back in the swing of putting out releases.

Sadly there's not a whole lot new here.  A long time ago, I started adding native IRC support to try to build a more active community, but now everybody has migrated to Discord, so that's kind of pointless.  You can still access it using the console with "irc_connect" and "irc_say", if you want to chat with somebody on another game server, I guess?  Didn't do the UI or have it auto-connect since I doubt most people will use it.

There are also some contributions from T3RR0R15T and xrichardx for scoreboard sorting and multi-column list widgets (don't have the menus set up to use that, yet, though).

NOTE TO SERVER ADMINS: If you have a custom commands.txt file, be sure to update it to add addloginop and removeloginop at the highest login levels.

I've made it so you can add logins to servers based on global login id's, and you won't have to worry about passwords getting leaked out.

Build 42 engine changelist:
- Feature: Native IRC support to join the #paintball channel on GlobalGamers. "irc_connect", "irc_say", "irc_quit" commands.
- Feature: Listview support for UI (Thanks, xrichardx)
- Cvar: "cl_scoreboard_sorting" - 1: sort by kills only, 2: sort algorithm with priority of grabs and caps, 3: sort with priority of grabs and caps
- Bugfix: "GL_Upload8: too large" error from corrupted texture files no longer stops the level from loading.

Game changelest 1.931 build 187:
- "sv_votemapenabled 2" only allows voting on maps that are in the maplist. 11:20 PM 2/23/2018
- "timelimit" default changed from 20 to 10.
- "addloginop" / "removeloginop" commands store players with a given DPLogin ID to an auto-op list.
- Bug fix to keep players logged in if they change the colors in their name.
- Fixed spelling of "possession"

Just need some people to test the windows installers before updating the downloads page.  I'll work on getting a Linux build later:
Full: http://digitalpaint.org/files/temp/paintball2_build042_full_pretest1b.exe
Build 41 -> 42 update: http://digitalpaint.org/files/temp/paintball2_build042_update_pretest1c.exe

JeongWa

• Autococker
Re: Build 42
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 03:00:18 AM »
Who would have thought?

Build 42 is a myth no more.

It's not a big update but i'll take it.

No more leaking passwords, no more need of scripts for map voting.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 05:01:56 AM »
I was making fun of game not being updated couple days ago, I guess I got outplayed.

Wanted to try out IRC, but looks like I'm blacklisted for some reason  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 10:09:37 AM »
Nice to see a new build.

The windows installers are working fine. Maybe it would be better to start the game in full screen mode after the full (new) install.

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 04:14:47 PM »
Maybe it would be better to start the game in full screen mode after the full (new) install.
+1

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 04:51:01 AM »
I'm hesitant to start the game in fullscreen because driver issues and such are still a thing with OpenGL, and resolution isn't auto-detected, so trying to go fullscreen might break some systems and require a reboot or something like that.

Also, regarding B42, there's a crash, so I'll probably skip a full public release of this and move on to build 43.  It would be good to go ahead and get the menus using the multicolumn widgets that xrichardx put in.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 06:13:55 AM »
Game crashing randomly on b42, I wasn't active but tested it couple days. Crashed while I tried to go into offline map, LAN. Crashed multiple times after I alt tabbed out of game. I might downgrade to b41, how to do that without full reinstall?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 04:03:18 PM »
There's a crash if you have a map loaded then go to the server browser, so I'm not releasing this build.  Either avoid having a map loaded or go back to B41.  You can just run the b41 install on top of the existing build.  Hopefully I'll have build 43 ready soon.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 06:15:20 AM »
Cool to hear that! Looking forward to b43