Author Topic: Remaster: Crates HD 2019 - FINAL  (Read 2642 times)

3lf

• Map Committee
  • VM-68
Remaster: Crates HD 2019 - FINAL
« on: August 03, 2019, 06:03:14 AM »
FINAL RELEASE

Hiya!

I am back with another remaster. This time it's the crates made by Fryth.

This map is my try in creating a prettified version of the worst map in DP2

Download: Click to Download (GDrive)

« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 12:38:38 PM by 3lf »

P!nk

• Autococker
Re: Remaster: Crates HD 2019
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 02:20:18 PM »
<3

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 04:59:40 PM »
Ahhh, soo many memories of playing with Snipen and Loial on their pub servers...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 04:23:20 AM »
Ok, looking at the screenshots, I see it wasn't just a perception thing that it felt smaller and had fewer crates.

Between the ladders and the windows, it certainly is less of a boring sit-at-the-chokepoint-and-spray map.  Played better than I expected.  A few notes/suggestions:

1) Might as well spawn with equipment.  Lots of cases of people taking all the ammo and such.  I don't see a reason to replicate one of the worst aspects of the map where all the equipment is piled on top of each other (looks bad, and often the ammo gets picked up before the hopper, resulting in somebody picking up multiple ammo packs leaving teammates without any).
2) Should avoid copyrighted material.
3) The asymmetry in the bases could actually have a large impact on grenades.  It was fairly easy to throw grenades through the window and be effective on one side, but I imagine on the other, they'd frequently end up behind the wood fence and be useless.
4) Hint brushes could probably go a long way with the area below the windows.  Above, the line of sight issues are still going to be problematic, but at least you can improve the perf in the common areas.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 04:38:09 AM »
I really enjoy the look of it.

Tho something that instantly bothered me on your map:

1) You canno't creep bellow the shields's windows and when you stand behind it half of your view is blocked by it. You should higher it for both reasons IMO.
2) The holes in bunkers are easy to go from down->up but really hard the other way around. I personally think it should be widened so i don't have to dance around to finally go down.

There is a Quote that apply to that:
- "Fear: Where is the Hole???"

Keep the good work.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 09:25:00 AM by JeongWa »

3lf

• Map Committee
  • VM-68
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 02:07:01 PM »
Thanks for the feedback! Appreciated

@jitspoe
1) I wish this could be dynamically changed... I'd like to keep the need to pickup and reload co2 as this is a huge gameplay element in 1v1 but I am willing to release ent file for pubs If that is what people want.
2) noted but at the same time ignored (I'll change the track probably as soon as my brother makes a sick mix tape for me)
3) this was just a mistake from my part... Forgot to set the fence as mist, although nades staying in the play area might be better for gameplay hmm...
4) I'll certainly need help for this one. Even the secret area is completely visible everywhere...

@Jeongwa
1) I'll fix that
2) I noticed this too. Making the hole/bunker wider could make the whole thing look off place, but I'll see If the clip brush there could be made thinner/ladder moved under the lip so there is more room for player to fit through

3lf

• Map Committee
  • VM-68
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2019, 06:23:26 AM »
I am having hard time to find interest and time to work on sandtrap and crates HD remakes, so I am releasing the map files here for anyone to hop in and continue the work. When/If you continue my work, I don't mind if you exclude my name from the map message, but please keep Fryths name there as he is the original author.

Beta file is the last one I released, alpha file is the last one i was working on.

These were made with TrenchBroom, so expect some anomalies if opened with a different editor. If you want to try TrenchBroom, contact me on discord or try to setup the editor with the files from here: GDrive

« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 01:07:40 PM by 3lf »

3lf

• Map Committee
  • VM-68
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 04:55:26 PM »
Here's an updated version of crates HD..
Had to push out this update for the upcoming duel against the one and only [eR33t]Blitz.
The map is now more even for both sides.

!! NOTE THAT THE PICS ARE OF BETA 1 !!

changelog:
- some visual and lighting improvements
- made terrain on the middle more uniform and reduced face count
- sniper spots at bases on fences
- grenades can't go behind fences on either side, unless they slide under
- some minor perfomance tweaks, r_speeds are still pretty high at some parts cause you can see pretty much the whole map
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 03:24:32 AM by 3lf »

shockwave

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 05:42:54 PM »
that I'd never play in a million years.

3lf

• Map Committee
  • VM-68
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 10:55:18 PM »
Figures, as you only play like what, three maps?

3lf

• Map Committee
  • VM-68
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2020, 03:22:51 AM »
Here's a ent file for this as well in case you want to play this on social saturday. Sorry if it doesn't work, edited it in train with my phone.
Autococker is supposed to spawn on the mid crate and i just estimated it's location according to flags.

Changes:
- Removed equipment on ground
- Players spawn with gear
- Autococker in the middle

3lf

• Map Committee
  • VM-68
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2020, 12:28:37 PM »
Final release!

Changelog:

- Ambient sounds
- Intermission shot
- Bugfixes
- New texture
- Trees
- Mapshot, ent and mapinfo included
- Fixed odd and ugly shapes + texture misalignments

Uploading the map file for future updates and for the curious georges :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 12:41:12 PM by 3lf »

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Remaster: Crates HD 2019 - FINAL
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2020, 01:28:45 PM »
I had a lot of fun playing this in a 1v1. Great work!