Just tossing this idea here:TL:DR:
- Set time and date for competitive event (1st saturday of the month, 8 PM UTC ->)
- Map pool (map elimination)
- Player pool (random teams/drafts) / clansCompetitive saturdays
Date and time:
- Every first saturday of the month at 8 PM UTC (your local time)
those who want to play the game competitively gather around to do some matches.
- Keeps the competitive scene alive as competitive players know when they should be playing.
- should be chosen prior the event. I am thinking of maybe 12-20 maps.
- Mainly CTF but I want to include tdm, siege and possibly koth, should suitable maps be made/tweaked from existing maps
- Every team gets to eliminate 2-3 maps from the map pool and then the maps are chosen as random
- 1 map per match, the map is played till there is a winner
- Participants join the player pool
- Random teams chosen from the player pool / clans / draft from the player pool, whatever fits the ongoing theme
- Teams stay the same till the end of the event. However, should people drop out during the event, we will adjust the teams as best seem to fit
- Every team plays against every team
- at the end of the event, count the points and announce winner
Would be fun to track the stats on long run and do a discordbot for this in the future, should the event get popular.
Got your interest? Great! Share your opinions and spread the Word! Feel free to tell me your suggestions and opinions here or on discord at DP2 channel (you can find me there under the name: whoa