Author Topic: Committe Organizational startup topic thingy  (Read 29953 times)

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
Committe Organizational startup topic thingy
« on: March 22, 2004, 06:55:35 PM »
Ok yeah whatever ;D

Anyway, I think what it would be good right now is to list anyone who you think deserves to be in this committee thing and reasons why.  They should be like a representative of a currently active and legit clan or someone who is a key part of the DP development or community.  Who ever admins each server would be another good person who should be involved too.

So I will throw my name in the hat, as the representative for DOM and since I will probably be providing a server in the near future.  And maybe also since i helped rally everyone together like this... but I wont entirely take credit for that  :D

Belmont

• Stingray
Re: Committe Organizational startup topic thingy
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 07:16:28 PM »
Ill represent Type-R, I'll also help wherever I can.

oddjob

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 07:20:30 PM »
i nominate myself to represent smurf :) I feel i would be a good person to be on this committe because i have been playing the most out of all of my clan. Also I am the leader of smurf and i have good ideas. and i nominate cal and jits to be in it too just for the fact that they are the makers ;)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 07:22:23 PM by oddjob »

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 07:23:01 PM »
Just something I thought of, only clan members can nominate a clan rep.  That would be retarded for me to nominate Smurfs rep for them  ;D

Ill nominate all server admins, whoever they are =)

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 07:24:07 PM »
i think cal,  jits and Fourthx should be moderators, i'd nominate myself as a rep for cP since im a co-leader and our leader isnt on half as much as i am.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 07:34:45 PM by Dirty_Taco »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 07:26:49 PM »
Some names that popped into my head as being fairly involved: FourthX, Xile, Fryth, XtremeBain, DirtyTaco, Acid, WarWulf.

Edit: wow, lots of posts between me opening this thread and actually replying to it. :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 07:27:41 PM by jitspoe »

oddjob

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2004, 07:30:57 PM »
jitspoe - bain is in sp so its either him or merl or someone else from sp. If a person isnt in a clan then they shouldnt have a say in the matching/scrimming standards And fryth is in smurf so i dunno
« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 07:31:47 PM by oddjob »

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2004, 07:36:50 PM »
Another stipulation.  There should be a max of 2 reps per clan.  Example is if you have a clan leader representing clanX, then you also have a member of clanX represented because they host a server and another because they help develop the game.  In this situation ClanX should decide which 2 will represent them.

Borgus

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2004, 08:07:45 PM »
Yah Im in agreement with Cal and Jit being the moderators.
As for cP...this will be the center of much controversy im sure, but I would like to throw my name into the mix of things. I've been actively involved in this mod since the very second (literally) beta 1 was released. Since then, I have led several very successfull clans and helped countless newer players set the basics down for running a good clan. I would like to think my merit as a good leader would be recognized. I have an extremely deep rooted understanding of how this mod works...and, hey I think I have some pretty darn good ideas too  ;D One final thought there are members of my clan that I also feel have contributed significantly, namely, DirtyTaco and Acid....but how do we draw the line as who gets the spot? Jitspoe, Acid, DirtyTaco, and myself all come from the same clan....I do feel all of us can contribute vastly in different ways. Just my 2 cents...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2004, 08:10:18 PM »
I was just throwing out some names that came to mind.

Is this comitte just going to be deciding the rules, or will it be doing things like reviewing demos of accused cheaters when those types of issues arise?

Borgus

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2004, 08:13:42 PM »
Jit,
I think the committe should decide upon that once it is formed.

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2004, 09:16:49 PM »
I nominate Zimbu for making the best and most entertaining gaming FAQ I have ever read.  He has also been in the community for a long time and provided that he is active right now, he knows what DP is about.

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2004, 08:32:52 PM »
I say lets try to get all nominations in and decided on by the end of the week.  So any legit and active clan that isnt represented yet, better throw your name in the hat.

Belmont

• Stingray
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2004, 08:36:31 PM »
I made a post of 'legit' clans for all of you that haven't seen it.

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2004, 05:04:34 PM »
Heres a list of the nominations so far.  I listed what clan they are affiliated as I am aware of.

Jitspoe (cP) and Calrathan (Smurf) for making the darn game
RoyalBlood representing DOM
Belmont representing Type-R
Oddjob representing Smurf
Fryth representing Smurf
Xbain representing SprayPaint
Merl representing SprayPaint
Borgus representing cP
Acid representing cP
DirtiyTaco representing cP
FourthX
Xile
Zimbu
Warwulf

Im not exactly sure if the last 4 are in a currently active clan or not.  And as you can see we have several clans that have multiple nominates so far.  Somehow we need to come to a compromise to only have 1 per clan (excluding Cal and Jits nomination, they are in no matter what).  I think this would ultimately be most fair to everyone.  Then after formation if there are a couple of persons who deserve to be included but arent because their clan was already represented, we will vote them in.  I think it will be obvious to most of us which clans deserve more than 1 representative.

PS. If we are missing any active clan here, we need to let them know so they can choose to be represented or not.  They probably dont want to be left out.

acid

• PGP
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2004, 06:58:33 PM »
I like this, I can see this being sexy! I saw my name was thrown into the mix of things. I can host what ever (as far as servers off of bonded T1 lines) Also i would be willing to host more files for paintball, i have 3mb of unused upload. If someone wants to get a page together for this i will host that as well (http://whatever.vcweb.org)

I have stuck with dp for many many years, I have a basic concept of whats rules should be involed in a match, and i also have a eye for cheaters! (me stares at muthax.exe) :-). I would be willing to help in any way you would like. Let me know!

Vince

Belmont

• Stingray
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2004, 07:34:13 PM »
Every little bit helps you sexy sexy man

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2004, 08:00:16 PM »
I nominate CyberDog.

*ts*....*snrk*....*spfhahahahahaha

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2004, 09:12:59 PM »
Y2J has beeen nominated/selected to represent [eR33t], seeing as we are the top clan currently, and will be for the coming years.

Darkphyre

• PGP
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2004, 03:43:18 AM »
Well, if jit is nominating Cdog, I'm nominating Hump. bwaha.