Author Topic: Committe Organizational startup topic thingy  (Read 29965 times)

Donk

• PGP
Re: Committe Organizational startup topic thingy
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2004, 08:47:16 AM »
I nominate Hades as the leader of being fat.

Also, I can host a good East Coast server should one be needed. Just keep me informed.
-Donk

Belmont

• Stingray
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2004, 08:50:39 AM »
/me kick ban's Y2J

Razor

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2004, 06:33:31 PM »
I nominate CyberDog.

*ts*....*snrk*....*spfhahahahahaha

HAHA! I died when I read that, Jit.  That was great, kudos to you.

I would put a limit on how many people represent a clan.  I would say no more than 2.  Along with making sure the people that represent each clan is well versed in the game and well versed in the "tradition" of pball, such has how things used to be run with the PBC and so on. i.e. old schoolers

Just my two cents.

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2004, 07:45:23 PM »
Ok i think we have decided that there wont be any formal limit per clan (assuming they are absolutely valid and deserve to be in), BUT voting is done per clan.  So you can have 4 representatives per one clan, but you only share 1 vote.  That way everyone can participate in the discussion and debate phase of it, which would make up the majority of the committee process.  But when we do a formal vote, each clan only gets 1 vote so everyone has an equal say and its fair and balanced in the clan/matching community.

HOWEVER... I think its best to just have 1 per clan initially.  This will make it a lot easier to organize.  And then the first thing we do, after electing a moderator, could be to add more members if they deserve so.  Otherwise I'm sure every clan would agrue that they deserve several members, and that really defeats the purpose of having a committee in the first place.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 08:14:15 PM by RoyalBlood »

Razor

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2004, 04:57:00 AM »
Might I suggest only one "voice" per clan, like one noted speaker if you will.  So when you have the meetings you don't have the same opinion coming four times from the same clan.  

Make the channel so the "voices" are ops and everyone else nothing then set +m so you get a limit on who talks.  If clan members care to speak to eachother about a topic they will have to do it in another channel so your topic doesn't get lost in random discussion on the side.

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2004, 09:30:18 AM »
Yeah we'll worry about that when we do have to worry about it =) A forum will be used for bringing up ideas/concerns and discussing them.  So multiple perspectives can be voiced on that.  But for an irc meeting it would be best to just have one voice per clan, so as to keep our sanity!

acid

• PGP
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2004, 11:39:05 AM »
everyone should have a voice, on the committe or not. The problem i see with limiting the amount of reps from a clan is...wheres XP rep? or any other clans besides cp,sp,er33t,cf,smurf? Look at prozak, Borgus, Dt and myself...Borgus and i have lead successful clans for near 5 years, and dt has been our female dog (jking) The three of us have contributed to dp in one way or another and we have never done anything to "harm" the dp community. However if you get like jer, protee,y2j, or anyone else who doesnt care or isnt willing to put forward a serious effort this will go no where.

I think maybe a standard vote should be done.

Come up with a  number of people for the committe, for example 10, or 5...doesnt matter. Then non wanna-be committe members vote on who out of the list should be a committe member.

Then if we wanted to get nifty certian members can be assigned jobs, teams, what ever to look after.

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2004, 02:44:34 PM »
Acid, you accuse people of hacking for the hell of it, Borg hasnt lead a successful clan for more than 2 weeks, these are the type of people that deserve to be on a committe? this whole clique of people against er33t is pathetic, just cause we're better than you all doesn't mean we cheat/hack or use any advantages or whatever the intercourse u wanna call them. we just have more skill, end of story. good night.

Belmont

• Stingray
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2004, 03:38:29 PM »
1 representative per clan.  Its not going to be a democracy... we only need 1.

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2004, 09:19:27 PM »
iI dont know where XP's rep is cuz they havent nominated anyone or had a desire to participate as far as I'm aware of.  We cant force anyone to participate, we can only suggest it and hope they will.  Same thing with the standards we come up with.  Ultimately they dont have to follow them.  We just hope they will, cuz most of the rest of us are going about this with the intentions of observing them ourselves.

And exactly what have you (acid), DirtyTaco, and Borgus done for the community that anyone else hasnt?  I dont mean to start anything.  But the fact is there are a lot of people who think they deserve to be in this or that they have helped the community over the years.  This is the problem that we are coming to, and the only logical, fair solution would be to limit it to 1 rep per clan.  cP and Smurf both think they deserve 4 or more representatives.  Maybe those guys are deserving, but then if you guys get that many in, I think DOM should have another 1 or 2 ourselves.  And then other clans will think the same way too.

So lets try this.  Cal and Jits are already in, regardless of clan affiliation.  Next we need ONE representative (logicallly this should be your leader or whoever simply is more involved in the community to begin with) per clan.  Then after we have that, we can add a few VERY deserving individuals who deserve to be in it based on SIGNIFICANT contributions to the DP community regardless of clan affiliation.  Not just for support and making a few maps, but a seriously signficant contribution.  And this is only IF there are any.  We dont have to add anyone else just for the sake of it.

Actually heres another thought everyone should think about.  The main goal of the committee is to standardize clan matching and hopefully make the clan/matching experience more worthwhile and enjoyable.  So therefore, really when you think about it, anyone who isnt actively participating in a clan in the first place really doesnt deserve to influence the standards that will be used to drive that aspect of the community.  And anyone in a clan has an indirect influence and say in the committee through their clan representative.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 09:21:27 PM by RoyalBlood »

IronFist

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2004, 07:41:14 AM »
It wouldn't do to have me part of the committee, but you could add me to the now newly created "Technical Network Extensions" member list.
;)
I'd be more useful if I knew PHP...

acid

• PGP
AcRe: Committe Organizational startup topic thingy
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2004, 07:58:51 AM »
Acid, you accuse people of hacking for the hell of it, Borg hasnt lead a successful clan for more than 2 weeks, these are the type of people that deserve to be on a committe? this whole clique of people against er33t is pathetic, just cause we're better than you all doesn't mean we cheat/hack or use any advantages or whatever the intercourse u wanna call them. we just have more skill, end of story. good night.

y2j, before muthax.exe when was the last time i accused anyone of being a cheater that wasnt? I told everyone jade cheated...holy crap she did! I have had like 5 sr teamates of your tell me you had very shifty gaming, such as all white textures and glowing bodies, wallhacks, so be quiet. Y2j no offense but if you want to see whos a better team...match for once with out blitz and we will see where the team er33t is. I dont have anything against team er33t, infact i have been doing quiet well trying to get along with digi and bob, and i have always had a good relationship with blitz. If you wish to reply to this y2j either start another topic or pmsg me on irc.

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2004, 08:51:40 AM »
I'll reply right here, blitz is part of OUR team why should we play without him? And hell we've beat you without him anyways before. Just get over yourself, you're not all that, you accused me and someone else of hacking in a demo, when you had the fn scoreboad up the whole time. You always accuse er33t of using tweaks and what not, you're just not as good as us, face it. And I can gaurentee I never had white textures and taht excrement, I dont see how you can play like that, that'd be annoying as intercourse.

IronFist

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2004, 01:22:25 PM »
...yeah yeah and blitz fro teh man...

I just noticed that nobody is repping for XP. I'll talk to some members and see if anybody wishes to take ownership of the clan. I once ran the clan 50/50 with micro (merged #1 with xp), so I guess I'm owner as he is missing (heh).
I hope aura will possibly accept.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2004, 01:58:19 PM »
Borg hasnt lead a successful clan for more than 2 weeks <--- LOLOLOLOLOL

Anyways, i know most of my maps suck, but excrement, i've made over 25 of them with more too come. I'm pretty sure thats more than anyone thats ever mapped. I consider it a big contribution because mapping takes a long f-ing time. To put in the ammount of effort it takes to make a map and get the same response from the general dp world is pretty meaningless. It seems maps made during the early beta days or "old school maps" are highly reguarded by "old school players" and most of the old schoolers wont have anything to do with new maps. The newbies think the only good maps involve ice and a barrel. It seems the only reguard i can get for any of my maps is from mappers themselves because after viewing one of my more recent maps they realize the effort and time it takes to make some of the stuff i've made. Somehow this post is supposed to lead to the conclusion that i've put alot of positive time and effort into DP. Go me

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2004, 03:50:36 PM »
Dirtytaco: Sounds like you're fully qualified to be nominated for a level design committee, #pbmappers ?

I think that this committee should only have one representative per clan, the executive(1-3 head individuals) from the league, one representative for all the server admins and one representative from the developement team.  This should be sufficient, any more people and you're just going to end up having another unorganized #paintball-like open discussion that doesn't really solve anything.

This means that server admins need to come together and form a small group/committee/ensemble of their own and work together on a standardized server set of binaries/rules/etc.

Just some thoughts,

Belmont

• Stingray
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2004, 04:59:10 PM »
So there's going to be multiple comittees?

This is going to get crazy.

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2004, 06:41:04 PM »
LOL, this isnt counterstrike or whatever else is currently the most popular mod/game.  I dont think we need a completely seperate committee for the few server admins out there to basically discuss and standarize the same exact things this committee would be doing.  Just keep it all together.

And I agree that DT would be perfect to represent some map making website or help forum.  You defnitely have put in a lot of time into DP and it is very appreciated.  But a lot of people have made maps.  Just cuz you made the most or some good ones (which of course is debatable and reason why this shouldnt be used as validation for contribution) doesnt mean you are more deserving that otheres.

We need some perspective.  The purpose of this committee is NOT to change the game or how public games are played or how servers are used.  This is a committee made up of clans for the clans who have an interest in re-establishing some acceptable standards for matching and functioning as a clan, so as to make the experience of being in a clan and matching other clans more enjoyable, rewarding, and meaningful, which then can be applied towards such things like league play.  So the committee should mostly include representatives from other clans.  Thats common sense I think.  The standards the committee comes up with are only suggested.  We cant actually force anyone to not play 2v2s and count them to their match records.  We just hope that enough clans will participate in the committee that we wont recognize and respect clans who dont follow these standards on the same level as we do the clans who do follow them.  Thats all this really should be about.

And even if you arent actually a representative in the committee, that doesnt mean you still cant help.  We could use a website, so we need some designers.  Anyone who follows the standards will be helping the community.  Mappers who continue to provice decent maps that allow for match play according to these standards will be helping.  Server admins who put recommended maps in their rotation, etc.   There are many ways one can help.  But as far as actually discussing and establishing these standards, it really should be left to a single representative from each clan.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2004, 08:24:12 PM »
xtremebain made blizzard.bsp, nuff said

Belmont

• Stingray
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2004, 01:07:30 PM »
He wasn't making fun of you fgt.