Author Topic: DP LEAGUE - EVERYONE READ!!!  (Read 42904 times)

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: DP LEAGUE - EVERYONE READ!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2004, 08:16:18 AM »
Um...no. everyone should be allowed  the same servers, same maps, everything. anyway, if you wre stupid enough to get "premium servers" no one else would be on them...wheres you money now?

Belmont

• Stingray
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2004, 12:25:48 PM »
Good point jitspoe.  eiii what are you talking about...?  Its almost like a mini 'chain-reaction' theory.  Once money starts to come in, jitspoe can (like he said) advertise Paintball II comercially, i.e on major gaming websites.  Thus, increasing the volume of the community.  

Jits, I was thinking more along the lines of.. if we were to make DP cost worthy, wouldn't it take a little while to get going.. I mean, I know it would.. but before the whole plan caves in on us.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2004, 02:29:42 PM »
what i was saying is...not a lot of ppl are going to pay for this game. it's just a multiplayer Q2 mod. (anyway, i don't think ID would be too happy about us selling a game that's 20% theirs) So, the few ppl that are stupid enough to pay will get---PREMIUM SERVERS!!! But they'll all be (almost) empty. a waste of money. ho hum.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2004, 04:08:09 PM »
Some people would prefer to play the game without the llamas and newbies.

oddjob

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2004, 04:15:19 PM »
/me raises hand

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2004, 04:56:13 PM »
no--im saying that if theres's no one on the premium servers, what's the point of having premium??

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2004, 08:28:28 PM »
I already will guarentee I will buy the game once that happens.  As it is I mean to donate something towards it, but instead I chose to contribute towards the game/community since I dont have a lot of money yet.

Belmont

• Stingray
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2004, 08:34:22 PM »
jistpoe, are you thinking about making the payment monthly? annually? or once you pay, your good forever.
eiii, I play in matches about 5x more than I do public.  It would be nice if this actually happened.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2004, 09:44:45 PM »
There are no plans for charging anything yet -- these are just ideas.  The idea LordHavok had would be to have yearly releases -- like unreal tournament is doing -- and have the game be free, but extended map packs you can buy.  Premium membership would probably be a one-time thing.

Well, I'm not gonna worry about that now.  Gotta get everything else rolling first.

Belmont

• Stingray
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2004, 10:03:10 PM »
Yeah, it was just a thought

ASDA

• PGP
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2004, 03:37:30 PM »
YOU GOT MY VOTE :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Belmont

• Stingray
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2004, 07:07:59 AM »
So, hows this thing coming along? the comittee and all... looks pretty idle.

FourthX

• Developer
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2004, 07:55:41 AM »
Hmm yeah, reminds of this DPMA thing some guy started and abandonded a while back :P

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2004, 11:05:51 AM »
Everyone harassed me to make a new forum for this, so I did, then it died. :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 11:06:17 AM by jitspoe »

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2004, 04:40:32 PM »
It didnt die, but everyones interest in it did, which is exactly what i was trying to avoid in the first place by having it only made up of active clans, and then only one representative from them.  This is what the committee would be if we let everyone in it that things they should be in it.  Half of them would be idle.

Anyway, we asked for a private committee forum, not a league forum  ;)  As far as I can tell, there are only 3 clans out there that could even participate in a real league, so we are far from that.

As far as the committee and eventual league, right now i think its just going to be made up of like Oddjob, DirtyTaco, Acid, Fourthx and myself.  Something like that.  Those are the only people who really have expressed any interest AND, and this is the important part, have proven to be more than just words and have actually done serious work in helping the community get to a point where we could have a league.

Xile

• VM-68
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2004, 07:23:47 PM »
Maybe if you took some actions torwards it, instead of just talking about it. nobody will be interested until it is actually ready to go, not too many people care about the fundementals, they just want to play.

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2004, 06:34:47 AM »
Thats the point.  I cant do it all by myself.  And I dont think anyone else can either and make a decent league (look at previous attempts for examples)  So I was attempting to involve everyone by representation of each clan, but obviously half of them just arent cut out for it.  So just the people and clans that have shown interest in actually working for it, not just interest in it, are going to help us.  Its going on, just like I said with my VERY first post, a league aint going to happen for a while.  The purpose was a standards committee, not a league.  If anyone wants to help, just start matching better like DOM, Smurf, and Prozak are trying to set an example for.  An official committee and eventual league are still in the works, it just looks like its going to be a DOM, Smurf, and Prozak, cuz we are the only ones who seem to actually want it.

lucas96richter

• PGP
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2010, 09:08:45 AM »
I start one if you guys will let me

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2010, 08:56:27 AM »
There is a league going atm.