Author Topic: "Death" Animations  (Read 4006 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
"Death" Animations
« on: March 17, 2004, 07:12:25 PM »
When I get around to making a new player model, I'm wondering what to do for the death animations.  Since you don't actually die in paintball, it doesn't really make sense to flip around and sprawl out on the ground, but at the same time, the paintball games/mods that have people put their arms up in the air just look stupid, in my opinion.

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
Re: "Death" Animations
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 09:13:49 PM »
what about he likes holds his gut and says (moves mouth) dang that paint hurts or somthing

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 05:21:35 AM »
lol...here's a bad idea. they do the "dang that hurts" thing and then sink into the ground, since their "eliminated" and not dead.

8)

punkkid

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 07:22:57 AM »
I agree that it's not realistic for the player to flop down lifeless.  But there's nothing like someone running at you, and as your paintball hits them they flop back and fly to the ground like they've just been clotheslined.  Maybe I just think its exciting since I don't get to see it very often, heh.  But seriously, the flop has become a part of the paintball experience that it might be hard to see it go.  There's also something to be said for the fact that its better for that eliminated person to be on the ground and out of the way.  How long is it before the player disappears?

But, if you're looking for ideas...  Perhaps the player could look or feel all over his/her body checking for paint in disbelief(too subtle maybe).  Or maybe flail its arms around and throw a fit.  Maybe, kneel down as to get out of the way of the slew paint being sprayed its way.  Or maybe the player could be textured in matrix code and then jump up in the air and hover for a while then disappear...

meat

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 01:47:57 PM »
you could go Q1 style and make them fly across the map when dieing, or fly back into a wall. My thinking is that the jumping and running is crazy, so make the deaths crazy =)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 09:06:38 PM »
Or maybe the player could be textured in matrix code and then jump up in the air and hover for a while then disappear...
hah, funny I actually thought of that exact same thing.

lol, I do like the idea of flying across the map quake1 style.  That was hilarious back in the day.  Should I also make it so the dead bodies can run around the map?  Hahah, good times.  I was thinking it would be fun to put ragdoll physics in there, too.  Just to do it.  Shoot someone off the bridge in midnight and they flop over the edge and bounce off the side of a bunker. :)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 05:15:42 AM »
lol, that would be funny.

meat

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2004, 08:03:18 AM »
hmmmm (hamster working overtime)

ragdoll physics with the Q1 way of flying across the map.....intersting.

(hamster falls off panting looking for inhaler)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2004, 03:29:47 PM »
i know a lot of ppl who have hamsters on wheels for a brain...