Author Topic: Need help: Toggleable way to (de-)accelerate pong balls?  (Read 932 times)

Toolwut

• Stingray
Need help: Toggleable way to (de-)accelerate pong balls?
« on: October 13, 2020, 11:14:16 AM »
Title says it all.

trigger_push with push_all set does what I want, but I can't toggle (de- and reactivate) it. Also, setting something other than info_notnull as target (like a func_wall which can be toggled) will make the trigger push you into a random direction. https://leray.proboards.com/thread/2553/info-null-notnull says that info_notnulls can move, is there such a possibility in DP2?

func_conveyor is toggleable but doesn't affect the pong ball (and apparently doesn't affect any entities https://forums.digitalpaint.org/index.php?topic=3131.msg36720#msg36720).

My plan B would be to accelerate them with func_trains / func_doors but that will be hacky and probably unreliable in terms of timing.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Need help: Toggleable way to (de-)accelerate pong balls?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 04:20:11 AM »
Targeting a door or train is the only thing I could think of right now, without adding some way to toggle the trigger pushes themselves.

Toolwut

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 03:24:00 PM »
If there are any plans for another build, this would be a good update to the entities IMO. Toggling stuff like trigger_push or trigger_multiple (can only be activated once but never again as far as I saw), resetting things like target_counter, "health" "-1" or "killtarget" by the end of each round, allowing pong balls to trigger buttons and/or trigger_multiple. Would allow for some cool maps.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 03:49:35 AM »
I added some trigger calls for things like round start and end, but kill targets fully destroy the entity they kill, I think, so it would be a bit more involved to reset them.

Toolwut

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 02:47:47 PM »
Yeah those round start and end triggers are already useful, so they allow for workarounds like resetting the counters in my tictactoe map. However, not needing those would mean that I don't reach the entity limit so fast and could do more fun things.