Author Topic: New Map: Dome  (Read 24246 times)

M-A-Zing

• 68 Carbine
Re: New Map: Dome
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2008, 02:11:25 PM »
cosmetically it is much better

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 03:22:33 PM »
I used to love playing this map (got bored of beta 1), now beta 2 is out. :)
*Cameron is happy and can't wait to play it when his homework is finished.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2008, 04:26:18 PM »
Great job.  Beta2 looks so much more nicer then the first.  Hopefully this is final release worthy so we can get this map on some servers.

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2008, 08:54:32 PM »
i really like it.. one thing tho.. the strips of light going along the side... you can land on top of those and wlak along the side of the cliff.. if you know what im trying to say

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2008, 07:42:38 PM »
i really like it.. one thing tho.. the strips of light going along the side... you can land on top of those and wlak along the side of the cliff.. if you know what im trying to say

Hm, that wasn't fixed?  I didn't even check.

The only thing that really bugs me is the wall texture misalignment.  It would also be nice if the section about 2/3 of the way up the curved ramp could be walked on (forgot to put that in my demo).

I've uploaded it to the beta server.  Nice to see you coming back to finish an older map.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2008, 02:48:24 PM »
That's what i want to do, isn't it ok?

I also didn't change the curved ramp and didn't found a lot of things to reduce the r_speeds.

Map (dome_b3.bsp)
Mapinfo (dome_b3.txt)

New things:
- added clipbrush at the func_rotation
- fixed misaligned wall texture
- changed switzsnowfull to glass1
- made the hills a little bit bigger
- fixed ladder clipbrush
- fixed glitch on the ground
- changed mapinfo
- allowed 4 teams for gamemode koth

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2008, 02:59:30 PM »
yea i was just wondering about the lights.. and ive always wondered, why did you put a func_rotation in there anyways.. i mean it serves no purpose right?

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2008, 10:29:21 AM »
It's just funny :) A funny thing for a funmap. I know a few people who like to sit there and move with the rotation ;)

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2008, 01:35:37 PM »
It's just funny :) A funny thing for a funmap. I know a few people who like to sit there and move with the rotation ;)
I do, quite relaxing.

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2008, 02:09:02 PM »
:D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2008, 10:03:13 PM »
Looking good.  Uploaded it to the beta server and attached a demo with some suggestions.  I don't think 4 team koth would work well on a map that small.

Edit: Yeah, just play tested it - the 4 team thing doesn't work well at all, even with 8 people.  You'll have a couple teams of 2 actually fighting for the hill, while some other team just sits around shooting people making no attempt to score points, then somebody will switch teams and you'll have 3v1 fighting for the hill while the other teams seem to have no concept of which team is winning and keep killing the 1 guy instead of going after the team that's ahead in points... at least that was my experience.  Still fun, but I think it would have a better chance of being balanced if there were just 2 teams.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 10:41:52 PM by jitspoe »

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2008, 05:04:22 AM »
Looking good.  Uploaded it to the beta server and attached a demo with some suggestions.  I don't think 4 team koth would work well on a map that small.

Edit: Yeah, just play tested it - the 4 team thing doesn't work well at all, even with 8 people.  You'll have a couple teams of 2 actually fighting for the hill, while some other team just sits around shooting people making no attempt to score points, then somebody will switch teams and you'll have 3v1 fighting for the hill while the other teams seem to have no concept of which team is winning and keep killing the 1 guy instead of going after the team that's ahead in points... at least that was my experience.  Still fun, but I think it would have a better chance of being balanced if there were just 2 teams.

That was fun Jitspoe :) It was the most enjoying dm/koth/what ever we were playing map i have played in a while! The only thing i dislike was the walls you could walk through. Other then that VERY fun.

MrLuke

• Stingray
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2008, 05:52:52 AM »
GREAT map, id love to see this get played instead of arm, itd be a good change

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2008, 06:06:03 AM »
Where did the Autocockers go?  I hate the erm... what is it now?  I can't remember.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2008, 06:12:42 AM »
It is low now :)

EDIT: Changed the teams for gamemode koth back to 2 and fixed the problem with the ramp. But what can I do against this problem with the secret ways?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 06:54:34 AM by Chef-Killer »

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2008, 09:41:23 AM »
Sorry for doublepost :P

I found a way to fix the problem with the secret ways and hope that's ok now.

Map (dome_b4.bsp)

Thanks for all the feedback. I hope to final release the map soon.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2008, 08:54:05 AM »
Haven't played the newest version... but the autocockers are gone?!  Those guns mad the map one of the best DM maps I have played.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2008, 09:30:28 AM »
Play it in expert mode.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2008, 09:45:41 AM »
It is low now
I meant guntype "low" instead of "autococker", that it wouldn't end in a spray festival. But as T3RR0R15T said, you can play it in expert.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2008, 11:39:03 PM »
I've put this up on the beta server.  I would still suggest having only 2 teams for KOTH mode.  The map just isn't big enough to support a sufficient number of players on each team to make it play well.  Other than that, the only visual glitch I saw was in the glass above one of the ramps.  Looked like there was a 1-texel overlap or something.