Author Topic: NewMap: DDay Paintball Style  (Read 23256 times)

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: NewMap: DDay Paintball Style
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2007, 05:31:20 AM »
It needs a paint grenade cannon

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2007, 05:34:43 AM »
You grass texture and grass/dirt transition textures are different. The sheilds look weird with the two different types of wood with major color changes. The wall textures is realllllly ugly. Use some sort of cliff/stone texture.

You think I could get the .map and see if i can do some stuff with it?

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2007, 11:21:39 AM »
Skater i will change and do what you said then i will see... i want to develop most of it then i will give you .map

Thanks for the suggestions.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2007, 04:46:49 PM »
I don't like the walls, but I don't really know what else you could do, since there's not really a way to simulate an ocean and it looks bad to jush have it abruptly cut off by sky / floating in the void.  One possibility might be to make it look like a scenario field -- like make it look like a real paintball field with various bunkers set up to reproduce a dday scenario.  I saw one field that had tank traps made out of wood, for example, and it looked kind of cool.  It might be hard to pull it off well, though.

Another thing -- get some lighting in there before you take any more screenshots.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2007, 11:47:53 PM »
Thanks for the opinions jitspoe i will take that into concideration for detail and i will do a little more research and make it more rugged and dday like with a hint of DP2.

But here are some screenshots of what I have completed so far. I hope you guys like it.

The dirt parts of the map are trenchs for players to hide from spray and to take cover. I will incorperate more DP2 objects to make it more playagble and not so open but i wont make it cramped.

What are your guys' thoughts so far?

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2007, 11:51:03 PM »
Looks sick so far =)

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2007, 12:01:10 AM »
i think there should be some sort of high path along the walls like a cliff thats quick but dangerous. that way once you grab flag there is more than the one main way to retreat back to the cap area.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2007, 12:03:49 AM »
That sound like a good idea. i will try something along those lines without making it wonkey. thanks nightryder.

I will also have a beta version out for everyone soon after i detail as much as possible from my side of it and I will put what you guys think into it if its not stupid!

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2007, 12:36:39 AM »
remembers me of bridage, looks nice

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2007, 01:27:12 AM »
Thanks mosez, just another work in-progress and i hope i dont intercourse it up cause i think it will be a great pub/fun map for all.

EllsinoreOutlaw

• PGP
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2007, 02:15:04 PM »
This map is still a work in progress and will be for a long while.
I was given this idea by .StaRz.Superman, thanks superman.

Here are some screenshots of it so far.

Wow, I love it! B)

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2007, 06:11:05 AM »
I like what you did with the wall(where some bricks are missing and they are found on the grass), keep those details coming.. You could do something with the grass surface aswell, just ________________________________ looks boring.

Max/Khan

• PGP
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2007, 08:58:28 AM »
can we download?

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2007, 10:12:42 PM »
dont think so. not yet. it is still a work in progress...atleast i hope hes still working on it.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2007, 11:25:14 PM »
LoL honestly i have been working so much this is really the first time i have sat down and looked at what i was doing.
I will be working on it alot more because school is coming up and all i got to do is study but I dont do much of that and summer is right around the corner so i will map my balls off and make this a great map (I HOPE)
so look forward to be playing this map in 2-3 months from now and when i work a little more i will post the beta and have it open for suggestions.
Thanks for being patient.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2009, 02:21:42 PM »
Looks to me like someone edited my post cause there are pictures from slippery and pbcup_renoir that shouldn't even be in this topic.

But with DDay I was thinking of actually starting from scratch and making something worth the name of DDay.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2009, 03:00:51 PM »
ZOMG, 2 year old thread, REVIVED!
Are you actually going to restart one? Because you could make airstrikes. (LOL Dodge Brawl ftw)

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2009, 02:10:01 AM »
Every sshots are from wrong maps :(

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2009, 02:31:06 AM »
Hook me up with that dday map if you still have it termi.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2009, 09:02:30 PM »
Same named screenshot on his account, just different shots, nothing was modified except the names on his picture account.