Author Topic: Game play for no kill spawning  (Read 2743 times)

abrken

• PGP
Game play for no kill spawning
« on: April 19, 2007, 11:33:29 PM »
I'm trying to explain an idea that came to my mind after having playing dp vs a team that was kill spawning.

To get interest in basket ball the american league has made a rule that get the offensive team a timing for shooting the ball to the basket.

Could it be possible in dp to add such a feature.

Define a region (near the flag or near the spawning region) that when an offensive opponent comes in trigger a timer. When this timer comes to the end and the offensive opponent is still in the region, the opponent get returned to its own spawning region.

Hope this make sense.

Abrken.

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Game play for no kill spawning
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 12:58:13 AM »
It makes sense, but I think that it's a bad idea. If one team is able to control the game enough to be able to keep the other team from spawning, then they kinda deserve to win that round.

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 01:05:20 AM »
It makes sense, but I think that it's a bad idea. If one team is able to control the game enough to be able to keep the other team from spawning, then they kinda deserve to win that round.
i agree on this and not to be rude but when was dp like basketball

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 01:39:48 AM »
I'm guessing you're playing on one of the speed servers where spawn killing is a pretty regular occurrence due to rapid respawns.  Simple solution: standard 1 minute respawn times (or disable them completely like Counter-Strike and other similar games do: set elim 0).

Flagcapendsround is another helpful setting to reduce spawn killing.  Since the flag can only be captured once in the round, players tend to support the carrier rather than camp in the enemy base in order to make repeated flag runs (and there don't tend to be as many respawns in general since the rounds don't last as long).

abrken

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 04:22:04 AM »
Yes your right, I playing quite often on speed server, because i'm not a good player, I like to play and do not like to wait too long after dying ;)

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 04:47:34 AM »
...and i think you've gotta deal with spawnkilling on that "speed" server because jits won't be willing to make playing on that settings more enjoyable.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 12:03:52 PM »
That's just not how the game was designed to be played, so naturally there will be issues.

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 06:47:09 PM »
Is there something that will be implemented in the next update about spawn killing?? I find it very annoying to be killed after waiting for the 60sec. I think the 3 sec invulnerability is good... that allows the player to get to safety and/or get a weapon to defend themselves. Put that as an option on the server client... servers dont do flagcapendsround enough. very frustrating to play when you're watching most of the time instead of playing...

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 06:54:20 PM »

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 10:17:29 PM »
ok... I vote for it... where? lol is here ok?

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 10:20:00 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:10:48 AM by P!nk »

Cobo

• Autococker