*The other videos didn't stick or something yet.
Having trouble with the Global Login System? It's very straightforward, but here is a guide for anyone needing help.
I. Do you not know how to register an account?
Registering an account with the Global Login System is not required, but it has several advantages, including that people can't steal your name, or pretend to be you. Registering an account with the Global Login System is very easy.
1. Go to http://dplogin.com/index.php?action=createaccount
2. Check the boxes saying you'll agree to the terms. And note that we in the Paintball2 community take these very seriously.
Update: There is a question asking how many accounts you can have, the answer to this is 1, so in the box, very careful type the number "1".
3. Fill out the bottom form and be sure you put a valid email. Also, pick a unique nickname. I can personally guarantee 'angel' 'dragon' 'sniper' 'superman' 'spook' and 'killer' are taken, so pick something unique. There is a tool (which I will link to when I find it again) that will generate unique names for you, or you can just combine two simple words. SuperCommando > Commando etc.
4. Go to your email inbox and open the email from Digital Paint
that you should have just received. If you received your email, go to step 5, otherwise be sure to check all of your spam and/or bulk folders until you've found the email. When you find it, mark it as 'not spam' to indicate that in the future you don't want to lose emails from DPlogin.com.
5. At the bottom of the email, it will read:
You can also click the link below to activate:
http://dplogin.com/index.php?action=activate&username=(your username)&activationnum=(your activation number)
Click the link, enter your username and password, then click login. Now your account is set up.Extra resources
Video: (coming soon, waiting on YouTube)
II. Do you have an account, but do not know how to login?
Before opening Paintball2, make sure you have first setup a Global Login at DPLogin.com, and if you haven't look at the steps above. Also, I recommend that you read all the steps below before opening Paintball2 and trying to login.
1. When you start up Paintball2 for the first time, you should see a screen that says 'Setup' in large font with 'select profile' underneath it in a slightly smaller font. If you do, go on to step 2. If you don't see it at start up, it's easy to get to. If you haven't clicked or typed anything, you are at the main menu. Simply hit 'setup' which should be the middle option on the screen. Next you will see an option that reads 'Global login profile' which is the 5th option down. Click it.
2. Now, the menu is asking that you select a profile but you shouldn't have one yet. Hit [Manage Profiles] at the very bottom of the screen.
3. Click 'add existing profile'
4. On the screen that comes up, Type the profile name you used when you registered at DPLogin.com (the step above this). Be sure to type this in both boxes.
5. Now when you hit 'add' you should be taken back one screen. Since we have no more profiles to add, hit '[cancel]' on the menu, or simply hit escape once.
6. Be sure you SELECT your profile by click on your name in the box, it will be highlighted once you have clicked on it. Failure to do this could cause you to not log in at all.
7. Insert the same password from when you registered at DPLogin.com, and then click [login].
8. Success! You're now ready to play in game with your Global Login.Extra Resources
*Edited for grammar, content, and y00tzisms.