Author Topic: Global Login Help (Video Series)  (Read 57762 times)

y00tz

• Autococker
Global Login Help (Video Series)
« on: June 01, 2007, 10:35:21 AM »
*The other videos didn't stick or something yet.

Having trouble with the Global Login System? It's very straightforward, but here is a guide for anyone needing help.

I. Do you not know how to register an account?

Registering an account with the Global Login System is not required, but it has several advantages, including that people can't steal your name, or pretend to be you.  Registering an account with the Global Login System is very easy.
1.  Go to http://dplogin.com/index.php?action=createaccount

2.  Check the boxes saying you'll agree to the terms.  And note that we in the Paintball2 community take these very seriously.

Update:  There is a question asking how many accounts you can have, the answer to this is 1, so in the box, very careful type the number "1".

3.  Fill out the bottom form and be sure you put a valid email.  Also, pick a unique nickname.  I can personally guarantee 'angel' 'dragon' 'sniper' 'superman' 'spook' and 'killer' are taken, so pick something unique.  There is a tool (which I will link to when I find it again) that will generate unique names for you, or you can just combine two simple words.  SuperCommando > Commando etc.

4.  Go to your email inbox and open the email from Digital Paint that you should have just received.  If you received your email, go to step 5, otherwise be sure to check all of your spam and/or bulk folders until you've found the email.  When you find it, mark it as 'not spam' to indicate that in the future you don't want to lose emails from DPlogin.com.

5. At the bottom of the email, it will read:

You can also click the link below to activate:
http://dplogin.com/index.php?action=activate&username=(your username)&activationnum=(your activation number)

Click the link, enter your username and password, then click login. Now your account is set up.

Extra resources
Video:  (coming soon, waiting on YouTube)

II. Do you have an account, but do not know how to login?

Before opening Paintball2, make sure you have first setup a Global Login at DPLogin.com, and if you haven't look at the steps above.   Also, I recommend that you read all the steps below before opening Paintball2 and trying to login.

1.  When you start up Paintball2 for the first time, you should see a screen that says 'Setup' in large font with 'select profile' underneath it in a slightly smaller font.  If you do, go on to step 2.  If you don't see it at start up, it's easy to get to.  If you haven't clicked or typed anything, you are at the main menu.  Simply hit 'setup' which should be the middle option on the screen.  Next you will see an option that reads 'Global login profile' which is the 5th option down.   Click it.

2.  Now, the menu is asking that you select a profile but you shouldn't have one yet.  Hit [Manage Profiles] at the very bottom of the screen. 

3.  Click 'add existing profile'

4.  On the screen that comes up, Type the profile name you used when you registered at DPLogin.com  (the step above this).  Be sure to type this in both boxes.

5.  Now when you hit 'add' you should be taken back one screen.  Since we have no more profiles to add, hit '[cancel]' on the menu, or simply hit escape once.

6.  Be sure you SELECT your profile by click on your name in the box, it will be highlighted once you have clicked on it.  Failure to do this could cause you to not log in at all.

7.  Insert the same password from when you registered at DPLogin.com, and then click [login].

8.  Success! You're now ready to play in game with your Global Login.

Extra Resources
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQc0lE33YQ8

*Edited for grammar, content, and y00tzisms.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 10:30:42 PM by y00tz »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Global Login Help (Video Series)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 12:10:21 PM »
Thanks for the guide.  I've tried to make the menu more straightforward in build 19, so hopefully that will reduce the confusion.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 05:14:03 PM »
hey y00tz, would it be ok if i put this guide on our website?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »
hey y00tz, would it be ok if i put this guide on our website?

Absolutely man, go for it.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 05:44:27 PM »

Triskal

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 10:51:05 AM »
I didn't know where to put this so i decided here was better than nowhere but i could be wrong thats happened before only once or twice but you know it happens back to the point how do i change my Tag on my clan i "accidentally" put an "s" at the end of god thus i have (gods) and i don't want it that way so thus i would like to remove the "s" can anyone help me?

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 01:24:13 PM »
Yeah this isn't the right place but the best way to solve your problem is to register and send jitspoe a PM.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 06:45:16 PM »
This post is going Wiki!

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 11:10:22 AM »
This post is going Wiki!

For some reason the link didn't work on the "Guides" page. I just fixed it.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 04:28:37 PM »
Oh why didn't it I did it fine oh well.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 10:08:04 AM »
It should have worked the way you had set it up, but it didn't. Not sure why exactly.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2007, 05:24:59 PM »
Oh well doesn't matter I took a look it's fixed now so all is well but thanks Zorch for getting it to work :)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2007, 11:29:36 PM »
Hey i might sound like a noob but i have a global login acount and all for quite a while, today it wont let me go into certain matches. And when i re type my password it comes up with invalid password.I NEED HELP

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 06:51:50 AM »
Hey i might sound like a noob but i have a global login acount and all for quite a while, today it wont let me go into certain matches. And when i re type my password it comes up with invalid password.I NEED HELP

Different type of password, that's a game password, completely different from your login password.   Matches typically require a password, try playing a public game.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 01:10:41 AM »

Different type of password, that's a game password, completely different from your login password.   Matches typically require a password, try playing a public game.

I can play public games but when i had to go into a private server(clan) i typed in the password and it worked to get into the game and then a big notice comes up saying......You do not have a global login account...So any more advice...And im having trouble logining in as myself at the start because it says ...Logining in...or what ever it says and then just goes away but doesnt log me in...???

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 03:49:32 PM »
It logs you in once that goes away.

mazkaoz

• PGP
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 03:48:09 AM »
i already tried to following all the steps i read above... an again i have the same message for minutes.... connecting to the login server... and stays there... if i hit console... i can read a message that goes like
cant cmd not connected
creating ds buffers
...using secondary sound buffer
Glimp_endframe () - swapbuffers () FAILED

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2007, 11:09:19 PM »
Windows firewall is probably blocking Internet access for paintball2.  Are you able to update the server list or play on any servers?

mazkaoz

• PGP
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2007, 03:34:32 AM »
no. i have tried to play... but when i hit console it says wrong password no matter wich game i choose, also there are only like four options and the four of them says that there are no players registered...mmm when i hit update takes some time to show the available games again but eventually it does. the only action i have seen is against some bots... if u guys r as good as those bots you r going to tear me appart...lol

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 05:50:30 AM »
Sounds like you need to register here.