Author Topic: Question on modifying content...  (Read 1558 times)

DOXY

• PGP
Question on modifying content...
« on: June 12, 2007, 09:23:32 PM »
If I were to go in and add some more funny 'fragged' sounds sounds to the sound/death folder, or replace some with others I liked better, would this get detected  as 'modified content'  and somehow cheating?

Would they even work in-game?  I like most of the death sounds, but there are some I would replace with clips from favorite movies, etc.. if I was able to.

thanks

Doxy

Spook

• Autococker
Re: Question on modifying content...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 09:45:36 PM »
I replaced all of my sounds with blank sound files, and one of the people i gave that folder to asked jitspoe about it, sounds are fine as long as you don't mess with player sounds

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 09:46:32 PM »
You are allowed to change some of the sounds. You just can't change the walking, jumping, etc, or gun sounds I think. I think I asked Jits about the gun sound before, and he said it was considered cheating. Not sure how, but oh well.

So yes, you can change the death, round start, etc. sounds without getting banned. For them to work, they need to be:

• In .wav format
  • Mono
  • 8/16 bit (I think, not sure if this one matters)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 01:50:16 AM »
OK to change:
- Round start/end sounds
- Flag grab/cap sounds
- Player deaths

Not OK:
- Footsteps
- Weapons (firing, co2 etc)

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 01:58:40 AM »
Jitspoe, I believe you should put together a guide on what is allowed to be modified and what is not - not only for sounds, but for all elements of the game. make that a sticky and/or put it in the wiki