Author Topic: Off Topic Re: Name Deletion/Addition Request Thread  (Read 1968 times)

play3r1

Off Topic Re: Name Deletion/Addition Request Thread
« on: June 26, 2007, 08:05:24 PM »
Hey jitspoe, this couldn't be more off-topic, but I was just wondering why you NEVER play dp, you're just lounging around on  the forums. It seems like such a waste of skill never to show it off. I just want to know why.

As you and we all know, your ranking on dp is very high, but if you ever want to consider join DNT1, request being invited and you just may be let in, though you may not; because DNT1 member have to play every so often. If none of this is worth your time of even replying, I understand.

Ok, that was off-topic; now this is even MORE off-topic: try to solve this paragraph by saying which sentence true and which is false:

The next sentence is wrong. The final sentence is true. The first sentence is right and the second isn't.

play3r1

Re: Name Deletion/Addition Request Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 08:07:15 PM »
rofl, I read your thing at when it said "location: right in front of computer" that's harder than I've laughed in weeks, very clever. rofl

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 08:30:37 PM »
Well jitspoe used to play (and still does) from time to time, but right now there is lots of new stuff being done. Global login system, Ban system, normal bug fixing ect. Not to mention he has a normal job, too :P .

He also played in a clan a few month ago, but Crossbones more or less died (developed to Allstarz) .

play3r1

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 11:15:30 AM »
Did he invent dp? By himself? I know he designed some maps that are pretty sweet. Sacrificing playing dp just to help out other, your the best jitspoe. Perhaps jitspoe would know how long this game has been around? I know I wouldn't.

Is changing your character's appearance but not ability hacking? I've never done either but I've seen this one guy that looked completely normal but had no head, it was so funny, but not as funny as another hack I saw. I once saw this guy that was only a head; the head was the same visually, same size, and matched it's team color and he was invisible everywhere but the head and gun was invisible. That head jumped up and down as if he was sitting on a normal set of shoulders and the bullets flew out where the gun would normally be and he could be shotten down where he would normally be. But there was more than the head-only-guy visually, he had this hack that was like a magnet, if you got anywhere close, you came closer and closer and couldn't get away from him. Everyone in his site came close to him because he was like a magnet. It was way wierd and way funny, but I never saw him again and don't remember his name. He probably got banned or something.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 02:34:02 PM »
Is changing your character's appearance but not ability hacking? I've never done either but I've seen this one guy that looked completely normal but had no head, it was so funny, but not as funny as another hack I saw. I once saw this guy that was only a head; the head was the same visually, same size, and matched it's team color and he was invisible everywhere but the head and gun was invisible. That head jumped up and down as if he was sitting on a normal set of shoulders and the bullets flew out where the gun would normally be and he could be shotten down where he would normally be. But there was more than the head-only-guy visually, he had this hack that was like a magnet, if you got anywhere close, you came closer and closer and couldn't get away from him. Everyone in his site came close to him because he was like a magnet. It was way wierd and way funny, but I never saw him again and don't remember his name. He probably got banned or something.
I dare say I doubt most of that is possible. >_> There's no way someone could hack so that you would see them without a head, body, or any other body part, unless they had direct access to your computer beforehand somehow.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 02:36:57 PM »
unless they had direct access to your computer beforehand somehow.

Like while you were mowing the lawn they got on your comp ;D

play3r1

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 07:15:57 PM »
I never mow lawn, I'm alergic to grass. Anyway, the headless one and the one with only a head we're 2 different users and two different experiences. You said "without a head, body, or any other body part" one had everything BUT a head and the other had ONLY a head. And no, it wasn't just my computer, other users were making comments about it. I REALLY wish I could have taken a picture of it with F12, but I didn't know about it back then. It was SO funny though. Anyway, is that hacking?, changing just the appearace? or do you have to change ability to be considered hacking?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Off Topic Re: Name Deletion/Addition Request Thread
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 03:52:36 PM »
I split this off of the other thread since it had nothing to do with it.  In the future, please start a new thread for a different subject.

I do play here and there.  I played for a couple hours last night, actually.  If I spent all my time playing, I'd never get any work done on the game, though.

As for the headless and bodyless players...  In this game?  Paintball2?  I don't think that's possible.  I've seen stuff like that happen in Counter-Strike, so maybe it's the Half-Life Digital Paintball you're thinking of?

play3r1

• VM-68
Re: quiting dp ;'(
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 05:24:39 PM »
Thanks for answering my questions, were you the one that invented this game? And yes, it was on dp that this headless and head only crap happened. I didn't know at the time about the feature to take pictures during this game with F12, but I wish I did. It never happened again. And it was on build 18 on Digital Paintball 2 that it happened. Sorry for the off-topic posts, it WON'T happen again, even though I don't regret these ones.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 06:55:32 PM »
Eh... how on earth did you put that reply in a completely different thread all together?  I merged it with this one.

I wouldn't say I "invented" the game, but I've been around working on it since the beginning.

play3r1

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 08:32:52 PM »
Holy bovine, I've never seen that thread before now that I look at it, I how no idea where that thread came from to be honest with you. Maybe you would know, you seem to know how things work around here.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 10:47:08 AM »
Can't say I've seen people regularly posting in completely unrelated threads like you have.  What browser are you using?