Author Topic: Digital Paint Cup - hosted by Global Gamers Center  (Read 23396 times)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Digital Paint Cup - hosted by Global Gamers Center
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2007, 12:21:58 PM »

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2007, 09:26:42 PM »
Pretty fun tournament all-in-all.  It was great seeing teams like -}5p{-, TEZC and abcdpc show up to play.  If you missed the action, all of my demos are available here for your viewing pleasure.  20ID didn't use any voice communication at all this tournament so you get to see some good recon and mm2 :)

Good games!

Quote from: http://www.globalgamerscenter.net/?p=news&id=55
The first GGC DP Cup aftermath! - Posted by ButtaKnife on July 14, 2007

The first GGC DP Cup is over! At last! Congratulations to [20ID] for taking first place, DaRkNeSs for winning second place, and College Court for getting third place!

The tournament was a lot of fun (even though we started late), and we can't wait for the next one. Almost all of us on the GGC staff are very new to DP, and things didn't quite go as smoothly as we had hoped, but everyone in the DP community showed us a lot today. You are a fantastic community, and we will definitely use what we've learned to make the next tournament even better.

Of course, we want to thank NVIDIA for sponsoring the tournament, and for an event like this, we owe a huge thank you to a lot of people.

First and foremost, without XtremeBain, the tournament could not have happened today. Thank you for stepping up at the last minute when we needed the help the most.

We also want to thank ViciouZ, who helped get the tournament started and fielded some pretty crazy questions, in addition to filling in for basically anything else that was needed during the tournament.

Thank you to MeMi|PURE and Blitz for setting up the crucial score bot in #europaint.scores, and to MeMi|PURE in particular for being helpful in providing suggestions for our next tournament.

matze kindly provided us with the European ch1ll servers, and T4K allowed us to use his FREE US game servers. daemonic contributed his Atlantis server. Thanks, guys!

We would like to thank two people who unfortunately couldn't make it to the tournament: bitmate for helping get a lot of the groundwork laid during the early planning stages, and jitspoe for making such a great game freely available and giving us permission to take over #paintball for the day.

Last but certainly not least, thank you to [20ID], College Court, DaRkNeSs, Metal Militia, Insane Junction, AllStarz, -}5p{-, [QeHs], Only The Best, The Enigma Zone Crew, ApoBoc, and abcdpc. Thank you all for participating and for being patient with us. Thank you for your guidance and your feedback.

All prizes will be shipped by the end of this upcoming week, and if any of the players would like to share screenshots or demos from your matches, please contact ButtaKnife on IRC.

We hope you all had a good time!

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2007, 09:28:26 PM »
It was great to see you forgot to add teams to the brackets too, great job xbain.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2007, 09:34:26 PM »
It was great to see you forgot to add teams to the brackets too, great job xbain.

It was great for no one from your team to sign-in with me on #paintball at 1pm EDT today...

Osiris

• Stingray
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2007, 09:47:47 PM »
hey guys i was busy with other things and didnt hear bout this tourny till today? how did it go? who won?

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2007, 10:27:37 PM »

How can you blame bain for anything? He wasnt even a part of the group organizing. He took it upon himself to help these guys and make sure it actually happened today. Considering every other team that was there maanged to message him, amazing you guys didn't?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2007, 11:24:01 PM »
hey guys i was busy with other things and didnt hear bout this tourny till today? how did it go? who won?

.. If you read up a few posts, XtremeBain went over this...

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2007, 02:43:49 AM »
Well, while you were trying your hardest to get a tryout from a non-existant bot in #ch1ll despite CoLA's advice, all the action was going on in #paintball.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2007, 03:25:05 AM »
Congrets too 20id. Darkness is and will be 2nd 4eva :P (3time 2nd place.)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2007, 03:48:24 AM »
Hopefully one day we will have enough stable clans to form a GGC digital paintball persistant league, rather than just tournaments every now and then.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2007, 04:10:03 AM »
Hmm whats all this then?

Can i play?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2007, 04:13:23 AM »
It was today, and it ended today :P

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2007, 07:56:26 AM »
And we didn't get to compete because of XBain >:(

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2007, 08:14:28 AM »
without XBain, nobody would have played yesterday, so don't blame him...

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2007, 08:23:04 AM »
Who should I blame then no one ever mentioned "checking in" on #paintball.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2007, 08:48:32 AM »
Yourself for not being there at time.
Seems like this community always need bain to organize something a bit bigger.gj
Boon if you could please post your demos cause from bains i see MeMi played very good and i want to watch your other matches.
Also if someone from QeHs could post theirs would be also awesome cause they did very good too (almost had you guys, actually i'm pretty sure they would if that guy didnt kept on lagging out :P )
Anyway good game all and i'm glad this cup went fine.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2007, 08:57:46 AM »
I was saying that no one mentioned checking in so how could I be there at the time if I didn't even know there was one let alone at what time.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 09:22:24 AM by Apocalypse »

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2007, 09:13:52 AM »
I don'tunderstand what you are saying but doesn't matter.
You should have been in #paintball at 1pm EDT and you weren't.
The cup went fine and that's all that matters. Don't try to ruin it.
Just shhh :)

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2007, 09:21:59 AM »
I'm not trying to ruin it I couldn't be there at 1pm because I was on the getting pissed because I couldn't figure out when red was up sure the cup went fine to those who were include maybe you should be the one who should shhh.

magalhaes

• Autococker