Author Topic: Digital Paint Cup - hosted by Global Gamers Center  (Read 23377 times)

bitmate

• Autococker
Digital Paint Cup - hosted by Global Gamers Center
« on: July 04, 2007, 10:24:23 AM »
Win a new G15 keyboard for playing paintball!

The Global Gamers Center IRC network is happy to announce that we will be hosting a 4v4 Digital Paint Paintball 2 tournament on Saturday, July 14.  The tournament is sponsored by nVidia and features a first prize of four G15 keyboards to the winning team!

All you have to do is download the game in the Files section of http://www.digitalpaint.org/ and get started!  Then grab three of your friends and sign up for the tournament.  There's no excuse not to play.

For more information about the tournament, please see the website at http://dpcup.globalgamerscenter.net/ or join us in #paintball on irc.globalgamerscenter.net.

More details will follow during the next couple of days, so be prepared.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Digital Paint Cup - hosted by Global Gamers Center
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 10:58:55 AM »
Nice, we play on european or american servers? or both?

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 11:04:20 AM »
It will be EU and US servers, so there won't be a ping disadvantage for any of the players.  We plan on playing one map on US and one map on EU server if it's needed.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 12:11:01 PM »
So it's a double elimination tournament; but the rules show that matches will consist of two 10 minute maps.  Then it says that in the event of a tie, a 2 minute overtime round will be played.

I'm a little confused here.  A two minute overtime if the map results in a tie, just like the "standard rules" are now?  Or if the map score is 1-1 after the two maps a two minute round will be played to determine who advances in the tournament?  Why aren't these matches played in a best of three fashion?  How about pick a map pool of 5, 7 or 9 maps and allow the tie breaker map to be decided by an elimination process where each team takes turns eliminating remaining unplayed maps until a tie map is decided.

Otherwise, look forward to playing in this.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 12:31:06 PM »
A two minute overtime if the map results in a tie, just like the "standard rules" are now?  Or if the map score is 1-1 after the two maps a two minute round will be played to determine who advances in the tournament?
Actually, we haven't spoken about that part that much.  Now as you bring it up, I think your #2 suggestion is the best.
If the final result is 1-1, a 2-minute overtime will be added on the map that is currently played. [In the event of a tie on a regular map, there will also be an overtime, of course.]
Thanks for you input!!! <3

Why aren't these matches played in a best of three fashion?  How about pick a map pool of 5, 7 or 9 maps and allow the tie breaker map to be decided by an elimination process where each team takes turns eliminating remaining unplayed maps until a tie map is decided.
That's like EuroPaint and PBCup were/are.  I/We wanted to bring up a new mode.  Maybe it will work, maybe not.  We will see...
Maps will be announced by the Cup Administration, so everyone has to play the same maps in the round given.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 12:36:22 PM »
Looking forward to this too, just a couple of questions. If they have been answered before I apologise.

- What time will the tournament start?
- Have you considered the length of time it would take to complete?
- When scheduling matches for us, do you take into account the potential 10 hours time difference between some teams?
- If its not a 1-day tournament, rule 4.3 is misleading.
- When will the map list be known, and the map assigned to each round be known?
- How will the first round matches be decided?

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 12:44:23 PM »
- What time will the tournament start?
It's not announced yet.  We are still working on it, but I think the times / schedule will be online on the weekend.

- Have you considered the length of time it would take to complete?
1 day. LOL

- When scheduling matches for us, do you take into account the potential 10 hours time difference between some teams?
Yeah, we take that into account, though we haven't set up any times yet.  I think it will be something accross the lines of morning - afternoon (US) and afternoon - evening (EU).

- If its not a 1-day tournament, rule 4.3 is misleading.
See above.

- When will the map list be known, and the map assigned to each round be known?
You still can vote for your map on IRC (!dpvote).  As long as we don't have any clue how many teams are registering, we can't schedule matches and can't select maps for each round.
Registration will most likely be open until 3-5 days before the tournaments starts.  GGC admins (bctrainers :P) are busy with other things, so we didn't have much time to advertize this tounrament like it would benecessary.

- How will the first round matches be decided?
Teams will be selected randomly.

I hope that covers most of the things you wanted to know :P

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 01:04:51 PM »
A two minute overtime if the map results in a tie, just like the "standard rules" are now?  Or if the map score is 1-1 after the two maps a two minute round will be played to determine who advances in the tournament?
Actually, we haven't spoken about that part that much.  Now as you bring it up, I think your #2 suggestion is the best.
If the final result is 1-1, a 2-minute overtime will be added on the map that is currently played. [In the event of a tie on a regular map, there will also be an overtime, of course.]
Thanks for you input!!! <3

Why aren't these matches played in a best of three fashion?  How about pick a map pool of 5, 7 or 9 maps and allow the tie breaker map to be decided by an elimination process where each team takes turns eliminating remaining unplayed maps until a tie map is decided.
That's like EuroPaint and PBCup were/are.  I/We wanted to bring up a new mode.  Maybe it will work, maybe not.  We will see...
Maps will be announced by the Cup Administration, so everyone has to play the same maps in the round given.

what if its a european v american on either of their servers. 1 minute on each server? :P

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 01:06:18 PM »
what if its a european v american on either of their servers. 1 minute on each server? :P
No.
It will be the same server, map #2 has been played on.  It's a small disadvantage for one team, though.

***edit:
After all the confusion the 1-1 tie has made: We will update the rules about that in the next days.  Please check the page for the lastest news.
Sorry about the worries I've caused.

Cheers.

Waldo

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 01:36:19 PM »
If anyone from Team FeAR is reading this and is interested, please contact me and we can get a team together for this.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 03:46:50 PM »
Unfortunately I will be out of town for this, but good luck to those participating.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 04:17:28 PM »
Unfortunately I will be out of town for this, but good luck to those participating.
:(
I had a spot in LC for you :P

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 03:43:32 AM »
25 Teams at the moment

And please Vote For maps -> mIRC (every clanchannel) !dpvote ...

Vote for maps which have 0-3 Votes. Not for maps which have more than 10.

Thanks

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 05:49:35 AM »
Is it dead or what? Tomorrow is the cup, participants would like to know the start time, how the maps will be decided...

Axl

• PGP
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 09:42:51 AM »
Indeed, if we dont see the fixtures within the next couple of hours then TEZC probably wont be taking part as the chances of getting players on for 5pm GMT with no notice are zero.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 11:00:37 AM »
Something came up with one of the organizers.  I had a brief conversation with the GGC Staff but I'll try to get you some more information later this evening.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 11:31:13 AM »
The tournament begins at 1PM EDT (5PM GMT)

Maps:
propaint1
carpathian
shazam22
castle1
anubis
crimethink
nhb
warhouse
pbcup_renoir
moonlit2r1
roundup
pbcup_sassault

Be in #paintball.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2007, 03:04:32 AM »
Something came up with one of the organizers.  I had a brief conversation with the GGC Staff but I'll try to get you some more information later this evening.
To get things straight: Unfortunately, I can't show up tonight, so I won't be in charge of the cup...
I already talked with some of the GGC Staff in order to get this tounry started.
Best of luck to all participants!!

Waldo

• PGP
HEY TEAM FEAR
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2007, 11:31:40 AM »
I am stuck in the middle of nowhere right now and i think the tournament just started!!!!!!!!! But I would love to play so i'll try and be on soon in an hour or so hope its not too late
- Waldo

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2007, 11:49:25 AM »
Any news on when Red is up I can't go on irc