Author Topic: "Match" Command  (Read 1769 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
"Match" Command
« on: March 14, 2005, 09:59:35 PM »
I want to add a command that will basically allow for servers to double as both public and match servers.  There are a couple of ways I was thinking of doing it.  One would be: "match map1 map2 map3" and it would password the server, notify the person that typed the command the password, exec a match cfg, and put those 3 maps in temporary rotation.

The other would be simply "match pass loginpass", and it would set the password to "pass" and a temporary level 50 login to "loginpass".

Of course this command would only be allowed on empty servers.  The second command would give players more control, but the first would allow the server to put together some nice statistics about the match which could be published on some central clan web site, if I ever get it that far.  It would also force people to decide on maps beforehand rather than waste 10 minutes of matching time bickering about what map should be the tiebreaker.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 10:01:07 PM by jitspoe »

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 10:29:42 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:19:00 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Clipz

Re: "Match" Command
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 07:22:53 PM »
Im actualy most liky moving my server to dallas, maybe moving one to Va also im not sure yet but dallas is almost a definate.

- Clipz

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
Re: "Match" Command
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 07:24:17 PM »
I like your ideas Jits... people can decide their maps on IRC or something then set them... DT all I need is the match server tool and we have plenty of places to put it...  Can ya hook us up with the code er whatever?? I would also like to see about getting a stats page up like your clan used to have...

PiCaSSo