Author Topic: Map:Chamber  (Read 8118 times)

Krewzer_

Map:Chamber
« on: July 15, 2007, 11:49:39 PM »
Supports ctf, dm and 1 flag.

Cobo

• Autococker
Re: Map:Chamber
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 11:50:30 PM »
Pics?

Krewzer_

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 11:53:31 PM »
a couple..

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 11:55:14 PM »
Hmm, Krewzer this looks great from screenies.

Wow, can't wait to try it.

edit:

Wowwwww
Looks amazing, plays great, multiple paths, amazing design features, low r_speeds, innovative structures.. this map is great Krewzer. :D

Magical-Tree

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 03:26:55 AM »
Very nice work, I'm hoping to see this in rotation from now on.

~MT

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 11:37:48 PM »
wow great job, looks great.

Well done.

Krewzer_

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 01:01:41 AM »
Thank you, fyi this map uses the func_dsm enitity for the pipe path, opens with 6 and closes with 4. Any suggestions?

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 10:12:12 AM »
just had a quick bash thorugh it and it does indeed look very nice. I'm sure a few clans will be picking this up to match on soon. Good job man.

SWSoggyWaffles

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 09:36:46 PM »
kinda demented shots but nice map

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 10:09:32 AM »
Very nice map krewzer I think lekky is right.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 10:23:22 PM »
Great work as usual.  I've uploaded the map to the beta server for play testing.  I've also attached a demo pointing out some little things that need to be tweaked.

Edit: Just noticed when I load the map, it's missing the texture pb2/bricksr6xo9.

Krewzer

• Stingray
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 02:38:21 PM »
Here's beta2.
Fixed about half of Jitspoe's suggestions. The other half either done on purpose or I believe they look best as is. :)
Of course we all appreciate Jitspoe's help.
1) The rock ledges in the middle. - Done on purpose, looks GOOD! meant to be hard to see but easy to use.
2) The thick middle looks alot worse thinner. (to me anyway)
3) Fading lights are fun :)
4) grass/rock texture in tunnel is suppose to look like muck, might be a better texture for it. Didn't change yet but I'm open to other textures.
5) Lights under flags tiled.
6) Tunnel light alignment fixed.
7) Tunnel floor changed to all rock, I liked the look of the floor before but this looks fine.
8) Rooftop edge. - totally redone
9)Fence - redone
Other changes done: some which I let you see for yourself - nothing grand, but some changes.

Extract the zip to you paintball folder

edit: seems I have the wrong .bsp in the zip. The only difference is the name of the chamber2.jpg. That is the missing kepcham texture. I'll fix it later.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2007, 06:50:52 AM »
edit: seems I have the wrong .bsp in the zip. The only difference is the name of the chamber2.jpg. That is the missing kepcham texture. I'll fix it later.
Where is the other texture? I cant find it.

Krewzer

• Stingray
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2007, 12:52:51 PM »
I renamed the .jpg for the beta2, then zipped the wrong .bsp. But here is the missing texture for that .bsp, it was suppose to be chamber2 which should have extracted into pball/textures/chamber.
Place it in /pball/textures/chamber.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2007, 03:13:25 PM »
And the chamber1.jpg ?

Krewzer

• Stingray
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2007, 06:55:52 PM »
if you extracted the zip file to your paintball folder, it should have extracted to /pball/textures/chamber.
if you didn't, then you need to put it there to see the texture. This was explained in the text file.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 06:34:41 AM »
Yes, i did it yesterday and everythink worked fine.
In the zip file is the texture chamber1.jpg. I only want to know, where i can find it ingame. Not more.

Krewzer

• Stingray
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 10:48:37 AM »
My mistake, I misunderstood.
The chamber1.jpg is in the yellow base, over the entrance to the lower tunnel area.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2007, 06:59:21 PM »
1) The rock ledges in the middle. - Done on purpose, looks GOOD! meant to be hard to see but easy to use.
Looks like misaligned brushes to me. :P  Plus it looks funny when people walk up those ledges and float in the air.  It's also hard for the newbies (the ones who would actually need it) to see, but your call.

2) The thick middle looks alot worse thinner. (to me anyway)
Perhaps figuring out a way to make the edges thicker would help - the tall ones look decent with the thick middle, but because of the angle, the bases are thicker, too.

3) Fading lights are fun :)
Unless your video card displays them at 2fps. ;)  But I wouldn't worry to much about it.

4) grass/rock texture in tunnel is suppose to look like muck, might be a better texture for it. Didn't change yet but I'm open to other textures.
Might consider the green water texture, without the warp or water flags set.

Looks good, though.  I think the big thing will just be gameplay testing.

Couple other small things:
- The DP crate outside of the yellow base is slightly misaligned.
- The chamber poster that shows up looks a little out of place.  I don't really know what to suggest, other than to try to make it look more poster-y or billboardish.  Like give it a texture or something, so it doesn't look super clean and computer generated.
- For the windows on the building, you might try making them trans33 and put a black texture behind them or something.  They look weird being all white.

I've put the map up on the beta server for testing.  Keep up the good work.

Edit: Forgot to mention, with the text file, you could just make that your mapinfo file, too.  Just throw [mapinfo] then the appropriate settings at the end and put the .txt file in pball/maps/beta/mapinfo.  That way it'll have proper game mode support while in the beta server rotation.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2007, 11:42:15 PM »
Something like this would look pretty cool...