Author Topic: Map:Chamber  (Read 8117 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Map:Chamber
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 01:09:00 AM »
Like a TV screen?  You'd have to make a texture script and animate it to make it truly cool, then :)

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 07:21:17 AM »
Yeah that would be cool though.

Krewzer

• Stingray
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007, 06:46:28 PM »
Here's chamber_b3.  I've added jails (jails rule), generally tried to improve the map overall in many small ways.

Extract the zip to your Paintball2 directory.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 02:30:19 PM »
Mapinfo needs to go in pball/maps/mapinfo/beta (but no worries, I put it in the right spot).  The //'s aren't necessary, either.  The game just scans for [mapinfo].

Wow, you really went all out on those windows.  I noticed a slight bit of metal showing up on some of the wood frames, but they look nice other than that.

I'd make the flag cap area taller.  Basically if you touch your flag you should cap.  It's really easy to overshoot it right now.

Love the sludge texture being used under the water.  Good idea.  You might consider even expanding it along the metal edges, too.

For your custom textures, you should consider making HR4 versions, if possible.  Right now they're kind of halfway between high res and low res textures.  Also, up the jpeg quality up when saving them.  Try using about 90-96%.  Compression artifacts are really visible in the jail texture.

Great work overall.  I'm not sure what else to add other than maybe tweak the areas visible from high places a little bit.  Like the top of the building just gets cut off by sky when looking at it from the top of the jail.  Not that big of a deal, though.

I've got it up in rotation on the beta server.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007, 06:04:17 PM »
Nicely done Krewzer I like the jail they do rule! Also I think the new textures make a nice addition.

Krewzer

• Stingray
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2007, 12:13:59 PM »
Thank you to the people who gave input. Here is what I believe will be the final release of chamber.
I'm releasing under GPL and anyone may modify this release within the bounds of the gnu.txt and digital paintball2 rules.

I've posted chamber_rc1 zip which includes files needed to play (client), extract to your pball folder. And a chamber197 zip which contains the .map, .wal and .bsp files which the .wals came from. Extract to your bsp folder. The .psd files were included in case anyone would like to improve or make low and high resolution textures.
Again thank you for your comments.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2007, 03:08:54 PM »
What is the rc1 for?

Krewzer

• Stingray
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2007, 08:32:41 PM »
rc = release candidate

I figured I'd name the zip that just in case of a problem, not that it really matters that much.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2007, 01:04:17 PM »
Cool.  I've put it in rotation on EV1.  I would have avoided putting water at two different levels as that can hurt the framerate a lot (since it has to render the reflection multiple times), but I guess it'll be OK.