Author Topic: Common Global Login Problems (Read first)  (Read 54505 times)

y00tz

• Autococker
Common Global Login Problems (Read first)
« on: July 16, 2007, 01:11:45 PM »
If you have a problem with the Global Login, read this and try all possibilities applicable to you before you make a post about the Global Login.

I.  Worked before, now it doesn't.

Have you registered an account AFTER JUNE 26TH, 2007?

Jistpoe reset the database containing all registered names with the release of build 19.  If you could login before, and haven't been able to after, please verify you have RE-REGISTERED.

Is your password incorrect?

Passwords in game are stored as encrypted strings.  If you updated your password or users name, be sure to COMPLETELY erase your password and re-enter it.

Be sure to choose an easy password for you to remember, since Jitspoe DOES NOT HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR PASSWORD, it is encrypted, and his only option is a last-resort reset.  Please do not choose a password you will not remember, only to have Jitspoe to reset it.

Does your password look a lot longer than what it should be?

Those extra asterisks make no difference to you, they are only added for security, and will not affect your login, assuming your password is correct.

II.  "I just KNOW it's a problem with the game"
Is it taking a long time to login?

With over 60,000* downloads, and nearly 20,000 global login registrars, the Global Login has been choking on the traffic, forcing Jitspoe to undergo a rewrite soon.  In the mean time, please be patient as there have been reports of up to 3 minute wait times.

"I've entered everything correct, why doesn't it work?"

The user-interface - what you see - is very finicky about specific things.   Be sure you're click 'login' on the page with your name and password, and not just hitting enter.  Also: be sure your accounts when you go to the global login setup, you see your correct name and profile name.

Is your name long? Or is it short but you use a lot of FUNNAME junk or a clan tag?

Your name may be too long.  Try using your regular name without funnames, especially if you have a clan tag.

I'll add more as I know of more problems/solutions

*estimated from website statistics that I've seen

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:53:12 AM by y00tz »

JiGSaW

• Autococker
Re: Common Global Login Problems (Read first)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 01:44:09 PM »
Good job y00tzybaby

lee

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 12:11:56 AM »
my password looks longer but its not the right thing but when i retype my password it wont let me then when i click on the username it has the longer pass again and it wont let me login with out that longer pass

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 12:13:20 AM »
You didn't read the post at all, did you?

Go to setup then to global login setup, then change your name and pass there.  You have auto-save password on that's why it looks longer.

spytech

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 07:00:57 AM »
i cant login, it says the password is incorrect, but it's not...

why is this happening?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 01:26:52 PM »
First, make sure you're using build 19 (the latest version).  Then completely delete the password from the input box.  It might be really long since it gets encrypted.  Make sure you've deleted all the *'s.  Re-type the password correctly and log in.  Also try logging into http://dplogin.com to make sure your password is correct.

LunarFox

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 03:36:53 PM »
Okay, I have made a www.dplogin.com account.
I have done every step in the post.
I have gotten the newest build, AND tried with build 19. (i have build 20 now)
I have been able to log in.
Everytime I join a game, it downloads it, then when I spawn it automatically kicks me saying I do not have a global account. Which I do.

LunarFox

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 03:43:21 PM »
Anybody?

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 04:14:25 PM »
First, It's Christmas eve so nobody is online now.  Give it more than 10 minutes.

Second, are you using a clan tag, or using funnames?

LunarFox

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 05:38:58 PM »
Ill take off my funname and try

LunarFox

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 05:43:53 PM »
I changed my funname to (X)Infinity(X)  but the same thing happened, it seems I am allowed in some games, but when I try to enter big games I encounter the problem.
I find playing with 2 or 3 people kind of pointless, so I'm just going to wait till christmas is over to try again, hopefully by then it will work.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 11:19:45 PM »
Set your name to exactly what you've registered.  Also, go to http://dplogin.com/ and make sure your account exists.

BassAckwards

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 07:39:17 PM »
Okay, I got the game today (latest build). I have already played for a while, but after quitting the game, then restarting it, I can't log in. I'll have everything right, (I've quadruple checked) and it will be stuck at the logging in part. Not for just 3 minutes, it just doesn't end.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 07:49:16 PM »
It appears that the logon server is down.  Just cancel out of loging in and click on PLAY.

slick

• PGP
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 05:06:19 PM »
my dp name is slick for paintball and ive had it for a long time but now it says that it is not accivated ive been on this oaccount for monthes

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 02:39:49 PM »
Did you change your email?  If you change your email, it requires reactivation.

mnk173192

• PGP
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 06:23:19 PM »
when i login in to an account it logs me into an account that doesnt work even tho i didnt click it. and when i try to play with other ppl it says u have been kicked then says check dplogin.com. what should i do?

mnk173192

• PGP
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 06:28:19 PM »
aslo when i log in it logs me in to a different account then i logged into

thefox

• PGP
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2008, 12:22:57 PM »
Ok I need my password retrieved My user name is thefox but its been a while since i played and have forgotten my password HELP lol

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 08:55:10 AM »
Ok I need my password retrieved My user name is thefox but its been a while since i played and have forgotten my password HELP lol
Send an email to jitspoeAyahooDcom from the email address you used to register your account.