Author Topic: Community Texture Pack Pre-Release (Ready for Download!)  (Read 19307 times)

y00tz

• Autococker
Community Texture Pack Pre-Release (Ready for Download!)
« on: July 17, 2007, 12:18:16 AM »
UPDATED: 9-28-2007,  make sure 'CTP1' folders are lower case for our Linux 'friends'

Download Links:

CTP 1.0 Pre-release (.zip) - European Mirror - Graciously Provided by OTB/T3RROR15T, thanks!

CTP 1.0 Pre-release (.zip)
CTP 1.0 PR SDK (.zip) - This is the .WAL files, necessary for developing in BSP.
CTP 1.0 PR SDK (.zip) - This is the .WAL files, necessary for developing in BSP - Thanks to T3RR0R15T for hosting

Here is 120-140 textures.  Each is a sample of different types of textures that are to be included in v1.0

For Players

Why download?

The Community Texture Pack ("CTP") is a user-lead, community-created texture compilation.  It features many unique and high-resolution textures not found in the official release of Paintball II. In order to play maps developed with these new textures, you must download the CTP.

What to download?
This is the file for you: CTP 1.0 Pre-release (.zip)

How to install?
Simply extract the folder "CTP1" to c:\games\paintball2\pball\textures
(Linux users/users with drives other than 'C' should know where they installed it, and how to install it)

For Developers

Why download?

The Community Texture Pack SDK ("CTP SDK")  is a compilation of files necessary to begin making maps with the CTP.  This very early release features only 140 of the first textures created from specific categories, however in future versions these images are planned to be redone, and will look much better.

What to download?

CTP SDK 1.0 Pre-release (ZIP)

How to install?
Simply extract to "CTP1" to c:\bsp\pball2\quake2\pball\textures.

How to use?
In BSP hit 'L' to load textures, except instead of loading PBALL like you usually do, load CTP1.  (You can use the textures in conjunction with the regular textures.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE FOR DEVELOPERS
:
I can not stress enough how important it is to name your maps with a "ctp1_" prefix. 
e.g. If your maps name is ponies, and you decide to use the CTP, users need to know they need the CTP version 1.0, so please name your map ctp1_ponies.bsp.

If someone could make a .tar.gz that would be great.
Also, please contact me about mirrors, since I'd be grateful for anyone to mirror it.

KNOWN BUGS:
-In BSP, the textures aren't palleted correctly, and look terrible.  (Fixed)

Download Links:

CTP 1.0 Pre-release (.zip) - European Mirror - Graciously Provided by OTB/T3RROR15T, thanks!

CTP 1.0 Pre-release (.zip)
CTP 1.0 PR SDK Will be back up soon, I'm shuffling hosts.
CTP 1.0 PR SDK (.zip) - This is the .WAL files, necessary for developing in BSP - Thanks to T3RR0R15T for hosting (link dead)
REPORT ALL BUGS IN THE CTP DISCUSSION THREAD IN OTHER STUFF.

http://www.halo-trilogy.com/programs/CTP1-SDK-UPDATE.zip

http://www.halo-trilogy.com/programs/CTP1-Prerelease.zip
Thanks Corporal Perez.

This entire package is released under the GPL, version 2.  The 1.0 release will include the license.  Feel free to use these textures in any maps or other games, WITHOUT giving credit.

Thanks,
y00tz

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 10:09:02 AM by y00tz »

Magical-Tree

• Stingray
Re: CTP V1.0 Pre-release
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 06:29:38 AM »
Thank god this has finaly been realeased. I'll download it when im at home. :)

~MT

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Re: CTP V1.0 Pre-release (Updated! See post)
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 12:32:37 PM »
Why do these things always happen when I'm on vacation?

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 12:51:23 PM »
Good job, I'll try to take a look at it later.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 02:25:23 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:12:26 AM by P!nk »

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 05:37:18 PM »
well i went ahead and tryed this out downloaded it installed it with those confusing directions i think i installed it right
(put it in c:\games\paintball2\pball\textures) then i went to see if i could see any change i went in about every pub i didnt see any difference on any walls jus grass so im wondering if i didnt install it right or that they maps i played didnt use these so if u could name some maps that use these or tell me i didnt install right

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 05:40:27 PM »
I would assume that no maps use the textures yet since y00tz just pre-released this this morning.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 10:48:57 AM »
I'm confused so I'm just going to download all of them almost missed this thread lol gj though.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 01:56:16 PM »
Ok, so I decided to make a little test map to check it out (looks awesome, btw) and came across with this...
I'm not sure if its the texture, my video card, or my video settings, but you should look into that.

Edit: The texture is WALL_G_2 btw.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 02:33:10 PM »
Ok, so I decided to make a little test map to check it out (looks awesome, btw) and came across with this...
I'm not sure if its the texture, my video card, or my video settings, but you should look into that.

{image)

I've never had a problem with that texture :(

You're map is looking pretty smooth though, see the disproportionate grass? I've fixed it in the next release.
What video card do you have?

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 03:17:41 PM »
Well, as you can see by my framerate, not a really good one :P
It's an nvidia geforce 5500.

I'm starting to like this map I'm making, I might even tell everyone that I'm releasing it and then forget about it after a week. release it some day :)

Btw, that white door texture is just HUGE, It's like 3 times my size :-\

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 11:28:52 PM »
The door texture is huge, it's something like 30 feet.  Needs to be scaled.  Hence the 'pre-release' I'll probably release a pre-release update so that everyone can get their textures in order in case I eff up the scales.  That 60 frame rate makes me wonder if you're using a clean build.  I ALWAYS get 60 for FPS when I am, until I type a specific command.  I'll find it for ya and see if that makes the difference.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 11:34:42 PM »

Its your video settings. I think its texture compression (cant remember exactly). I always have a hard time finding the option again in the nVidia control panel. Which reminds me, I still need to fix that. :P

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2007, 11:35:42 PM »
Guess I do too, mine does the same thing.  If you do remember Zorch, I'm sure a few of us would love that info.

Edit:
Doors look best and most proportionate scaled at 0.25. Also, I've rescaled them in the next release as well as all the grass.  Be prepared to update your maps.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 11:37:13 PM »
When I get back home, I'll look for it again. For some reason my video card settings reset them selves every once in a wile (in windows, not pball). Soooo annoying.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 11:44:13 PM »
Anisotropic filtering? That's probably it.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 11:45:04 PM »
16x.  Ehh maybe, too tired to check. :D  I'll check tomorrow. Jits had me correct it for something, maybe I switched it back, did it make a difference?  Post some screenies of that map please so I can put them in the first post for screenies.

-y00tz

edit - looks like gl_anisotropy 16 helped.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2007, 11:51:56 PM »
Wait. I think it was the Aniostropic filtering. But I had to check "Let application decide" in the nVidia control panel.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2007, 11:54:53 PM »
I have it set to application-controlled but it looks like the 2 options below it for optimization which are checked, could make a difference if they were set to off.  I'll try it too.  Also, this is relevant, but probably better suited as different topic, so you know the drill.. I'll move in the morning, to  keep this directly related to questions, comments etc for the CTP PR

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 12:31:02 AM »
ctp1_belaruse slowly on it's way...

(The spelling is not a mistake)

edit: oooh nice screens cobo!