Author Topic: suicide monkey  (Read 27629 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: suicide monkey
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2007, 05:16:42 PM »
I am at a UWO computer camp(bit by bit) and someone speed hacked the digital paintball game and everyone here can't play paintball the camper that did this is not here any more so i was kindoff hoping that you could raise the ban this week please!

thanks

mini man
I believe this is in response to suicide monkey, so I merged the threads.  Who is in charge of this computer camp?  Is there anything that can be done to ensure this type of cheating does not occur in the future?

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 10:51:15 PM »
i didn't even think you can install games onto a school computer... unless he's using school network to connect.

BioHazard

• PGP
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2007, 06:52:22 AM »
please unbann him. this is a public ip from a computer day camp which plays paintball and because of it we all have been affected. we cannot play on any other servers even though the person that did must have cheated way back in the beginning of summer and won't be here again. it just ticks me off because i can not play with my clan memebers on my ip because some idiot camper who will not be here again got us all kicked off of the good servers. :'(

BioHazard

• PGP
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2007, 06:54:18 AM »
i didn't even think you can install games onto a school computer... unless he's using school network to connect.
no the admins instaled it onto the computers. so we could play it. it is a computer camp not a school. oh and yes the camper who did it is not here anymore so we are stuck with an unjust bann and the person you banned does not play with ip now.

BioHazard

• PGP
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2007, 06:55:21 AM »
yes jitspoe the camper was kicked out of camp. he is not coming back.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2007, 07:07:19 AM »
First off learn to modify posts instead of triple posting.

Second just deal with it. There are only 5 and a half days left on the ban so suck it up and take the rest of it then start playing again.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007, 07:10:40 AM »
I'd say remove the hostmask ban and ban his Global Login account.  Here's more info on the Computer Camp: http://www.csd.uwo.ca/bitbybit/bbb_about.html

BioHazard

• PGP
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2007, 07:23:06 AM »
First off learn to modify posts instead of triple posting.

Second just deal with it. There are only 5 and a half days left on the ban so suck it up and take the rest of it then start playing again.
the camp is only 5 days long. oh and btw there is no use banning this ip because the hacker is not here anymore. and yes the camp is only a 5 day long day camp.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2007, 07:29:41 AM »
This should and most likely will not be unbanned because jitspoe has no proof as to whether the hacker is still there our not. And for that matter how do you even know the identity of the hacker. You probably don't therefore you don't know if they are still at the camp or not.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2007, 07:51:41 AM »
I'm surprised that kid hasn't been beaten up yet..

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2007, 07:57:51 AM »
Lol glad it doesn't carry on until the start of school or I'd somehow figure out who he was and geat him up alot I go to Western and yes there is a computer camp don't know who runs it though.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2007, 08:04:35 AM »
Instead of being hostile and trying to fulfil your war against cheaters mission, maybe everyone should take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

The camp teachers/admins/organizers/whatever were looking for a game that the camp attendees could play as part of one of the fun activities that they had in mind.  Instead of buying 40 copies of the latest and greatest $70 game, they opted to choose Paintball 2 since it's free, easy to install and entertaining.

Being that there on a LAN, it would be much fun to have a few 4v4-6v6, but keep in mind that they're all new players to the game so they 8-10 of them probably want to join on to some 32 player German speed server with ub_cliffs.  In the second week of camp one attendee decides to be funny and googles for dp cheats, finds a link to empeesee and sees a two year old post saying the speedcheat is undetectable (well it still is...).  So they load it up, a few of the other attendees laugh and then someone else on the server runs here, gets the entire camp subnet banned.

So then the next day, no one at the camp can play.  Someone comes to the forum/GBL and finds that Suicide Monkey (most likely a Steve, or Phil; I'd guess) was caught for speed cheating.  Some people are a little angry and the camp staff find out about it.  The camp ends, everyone goes home and downloads PB2 for themselves and continues where they left off.  The next week a new group of 30-40 attendees come and see the Paintball 2 icon on the desktop of their workstation.  The curious children that they are open it up and try to join a server.  They are immediately presented with a YOU ARE BANNED FOR SPEED CHEATING message.  At first they're like "wtf?" but then they decide to ask the staff why Paintball 2 doesn't work.  The staff reply "Oh, we had an attendee that got everyone banned last week, we're deeply sorry.  But you can play single player Ski Free instead."

So the kids proceed to play Ski Free for a good half hour and then they become addicted.  They continue to spend hours escaping the clutching hands of the Abominable Snow Monster and quickly forget about Paintball 2 and the little blue splat icon they had seen on their Desktop.

All jokes aside, I'd say that at the end of this ban, you would have lost the exposure to 150 potential players because of the actions of one individual.  In the process you've also ruined the dreams of a DPCon Canada that Fryth and I have been looking forward to our entire lives.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2007, 09:13:06 AM »
I see your point Xbain I would love a DPCon Canada also. I think someone maybe you should contact the staff of this camp to make sure there is no more hacking.

BioHazard

• PGP
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2007, 02:26:06 PM »
I see your point Xbain I would love a DPCon Canada also. I think someone maybe you should contact the staff of this camp to make sure there is no more hacking.
i see your point and i was there. he is not here now. why would you bann an ip from about yes 150 different students and not have the actual hacker banned?

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2007, 02:43:28 PM »
why would you bann an ip from about yes 150 different students and not have the actual hacker banned?

Well the problem is, he was caught connecting through more than a couple dozen different IP addresses used at that camp.  Since he has access to cheat from so many different computers at the camp, the only way to prevent him from playing is to place a ban on the entire range of IP addresses used by the camp.  It's pretty hard to substantiate how many people are actually affected in these circumstances.  That's why these bans are only temporary (32 days being the initial ban) and there these sorts of problems need to be policed by staff/network admins/whomever that operates that network connection.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2007, 06:21:07 PM »
I've removed the hostmask bans.  BioHazard: I'd suggest talking to the staff to make sure things like this don't happen in the future.

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2007, 07:11:37 PM »
I went to that camp.

And guess what.  I went the week after the IP range was banned.  Man was I pissed.  If I knew who the kid was who got us all banned he'd be toast right now. ;)

And by the way, the camp *never* under any circumstances, asked Suicide Monkey to *make* a project to hack Paintball.  It was of his own doing.  All he did was download Cheat Engine and use the speed hack to impress his fellow campers.  Cool cat, eh? 

I would like to thank Jitspoe for removing the ban (however late it was ;)) As the campers in the camp now will surely enjoy the rest of their time at the camp.   

Also... DPCon CANADA FTW!

(Also, this would be VERY plausable considering most  Canadian players that I know (including myself) live in or near Ontario)

Uncle

• PGP
Two Speed Hackers
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2007, 02:34:39 PM »
These guys were on Syncmaster's Cable this afternoon (1:30 PST.) Suicide Monkey and Leathal Stealth.

lekky

• Autococker
Re: Two Speed Hackers
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2007, 02:38:58 PM »
good work :P

Any one know how to get in touch with syncmaster to get the ips?

y00tz

• Autococker
Re: Two Speed Hackers
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2007, 02:41:32 PM »
I am very sorey for waht i have done but i am at a campus server and everyone shares the same ip adress so can you please unban the ip adress because everyone in this building cannot play paintball anymore you can keep my account banned if neccesary i was just teating to see if my cheat engine i made worked because it was a project i had at computer camp sorey for all the trouble i have caused.

Suicidemonkey

:P

Good work, is that 64 or 128 now?