Author Topic: So, I can't login or post on the forums.  (Read 28788 times)

iEATnoobs

• VM-68
Re: So, I can't login or post on the forums.
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2007, 09:29:15 PM »
I guess you shouldnt be hacking other peoples information, cant legal actions be taken? : /

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2007, 09:42:15 PM »
Yeah, sue him for changing a DPlogin password. BAHAHA

iEATnoobs

• VM-68
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2007, 09:44:59 PM »
Well who hacked Owens aim? And why does Smokey have all of his passwords and #!ij! logs?

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2007, 09:45:25 PM »
Well who hacked Owens aim? And why does Smokey have all of his passwords and #!ij! logs?
Who says I have his passwords or #!ij! logs?

iEATnoobs

• VM-68
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2007, 11:28:27 PM »
Come on smokey, making me waste my time looking at my logs.

[12:36:am] <04Phenom> we dont have a vent
[12:37:am] <04JiGSaW> We don't even use vent either.
[12:37:am] <08Smokey> I can find it out
[12:37:am] <08Smokey> i do
[12:37:am] <04JiGSaW> We text.
[12:37:am] <04Br55HiT> lol
[12:37:am] <08Smokey> have #!ij! logs
[12:37:am] <04JiGSaW> recon
[12:37:am] <08skater> Anyone having aim problems?
[12:37:am] <08Smokey> for like
[12:37:am] <08Smokey> a week straight

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2007, 01:28:30 AM »
someone pasted them to smokey

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2007, 04:35:40 PM »
who would do that?

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2007, 05:37:05 PM »
It weren't Smokey, Smokey iz teh innocent!
Your password is everywhere on AIMz man, you should really think of some newer and stronger ones.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2007, 11:46:01 AM »
Logging into someones aim name isnt hacking their aim.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2007, 12:51:10 PM »
If IJ can't prove that it was us, then they just need to shutup. End of story.

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2007, 01:03:31 PM »
I see jitspoe has appointed himself as the lone internet security force for the community.

Clearly, hijacking accounts is not an acceptable behavior by any means, but I also think it's unacceptable (in obviously different regards) for jitspoe to continue to alter, change, and create rule enforcement at his will.

In this particular situation -- the _user_  (at least in my opinion)  should be the one ultimately responsible for keeping their online passwords and identity secure, be it a DP, messenger, or even online bank account.

I think at the very least you should formalize the fact that you are using the global ban feature at your own disposal, without any set guidelines – AND (more importantly) that it is a tool for punishing ANY potential offense, and not just cheating within the game (which was at least my original understanding, perhaps I am misinformed as I have not researched the issue).

Especially with the new ideas you have introduced such as allowing people to “pay off” ban times with actual REAL money; it certainly seems like it would increase the potential for less opaque situations (framing/etc.).

It just feels to me to start to border the line of too much control, perhaps we should at least look into having some kind of board or something where decisions such as these are not made by any one person, but rather a group.

After all, is it not in your own personal interest to ban more liberally now that you have instituted a payment method to reduce ban time?

Also, this raises some more “gray” issues as to what is a punishable offense. IRC impersonation, channel takeovers, personal threats, etc. Do not all these things also directly affect members of the community?

Just to restate my view, I am not arguing that the global ban should be removed in this particular instance. I am simply stating that I think the community would be best served to have a more formal interpretation of the “community laws,” if the global ban system is going to be used for reasons other than cheating.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2007, 01:10:49 PM »
Quote from: http://www.dplogin.com/login.php?action=createaccount
By creating or using an account, you agree to the following rules
(To make sure you read them, I've done the dastardly deed of requiring you to put a check box next to each heading)

Do Not Cheat
Cheating includes, but is not limited to:
- Modifying textures or other content to make players more identifiable
- Using external programs, hacked drivers, modified game executables, etc. to make players more visible or be seen where it should not be possible to see them (in other words, wallhacks).
- Using programs or modifications that adjust your movement and aim, such as speedhacks and aimbots.
Cheating is not tolerated and will result in a global ban from all publicly listed Paintball 2 servers.

Don't Steal Names or Clan Tags
We realize there are lots of commonly used names, but older, established members of the community take precedence. In other words, if you've just recently started playing the game and register a name that another player who has been around for 5 years is known by, the name will probably be removed from your account. If it looks to be intentional name theft, further action may be taken, such as account suspension or banishment. If you're having trouble coming up with a unique name that doesn't conflict with existing players, you might want to check out GameSpy's Naminator.

Only One Account Per Person
1. One. Uno. Un. Once you've registered an account, you can add multiple player names to it, so there should be no need for additional accounts. Creating new accounts to avoid server bans or other similar activities will result in a global ban.

Do Not Share Your Account
If your friend or brother gets banned while using your account, don't come crying to the admins to get it lifted. We won't do it. Protect your account information so other people can't use it.

Subject to Change
The terms of the agreement may change in the future, and you will be bound by the new terms.  Also, your account may be suspended due to any behavior deemed inappropriate by an admin, even if it isn't listed here.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2007, 09:48:33 PM »
Creating a board or council for these forums would be utterly useless. For one, it would just be Jitspoe choosing the people, and I'm fairly sure they would all agree with his decision just to s his d a little more in hopes of becoming a moderator on these amazing forums. I think Y2J was punished a little severely, all jigsaw had to do was change his passwords, but instead he chose to cry on the forums in hope of someone get in trouble so he could spam his teams private channel with "HELLZ YA GOT HIM IN TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

As for paying off a ban, I think it the worst idea to ever grace these forums. Who would EVER pay to have their ban lifted? Especially 1 dollar a day. Looks like Jitspoe is just trying to make some quick cash for his free game.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2007, 04:18:06 PM »
Looks like Jitspoe is just trying to make some quick cash for his free game.

He deserves it?

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2007, 09:36:44 PM »
No, this game has been free for 8+ years? Charging money to play this would drive away the entire community, guaranteed. Go for it though, Jitspoe.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2007, 09:56:17 PM »
no one is forcing you or anyone else to pay to play this game. the thing to pay of your ban is just an idea and you dont have to pay if you dont want to. even though jitspoe does deserve something for the time he put into making this game and keeping it going. BTW skater i am steamed.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2007, 10:20:38 PM »
No, this game has been free for 8+ years? Charging money to play this would drive away the entire community, guaranteed. Go for it though, Jitspoe.
I agree, but he still deserves it.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2007, 04:48:53 PM »
Cola, where did I say anyone is forcing me to play? I'll play if it's free, if it's not I'll quit. G'day.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2007, 04:57:42 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:10:52 AM by Dirty_Taco »

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2007, 07:42:02 PM »
SkateR, actually.  I really didn't care about this situation, I didn't cry about it.  I just wanted to find out who did it, I didn't care if they got banned or whatever, I just wanted my stuff back.