Author Topic: Nicholas Cage  (Read 1921 times)

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
Nicholas Cage
« on: July 27, 2007, 02:10:28 PM »
Not exactly sure what happened, but in the game wednesday night, me and my friend noticed a warning to Nicholas Cage for wallhack and aimbot, then there was a message that said he'd been banned for 32 days. Then, we checked the ban list and this section of the forums, and we couldn't find anything about it. Not that I really need to see it, but I was just wondering about that. Also, it's nice to see that the cheat detection in the game actually works. I've heard things from "It doesn't even exist, it's just to scare hackers" to "It kinda works, but it's not too reliable."

I didn't get a demo of him, because I assumed he was already banned anyway. If I should have done that, someone tell me so next time I can.

y00tz

• Autococker
Re: Nicholas Cage
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 02:25:21 PM »
Message on the server saying it?  It doesn't necessarily mean he was banned on the forums.  Get a demo for us :D

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 02:26:57 PM »
I didn't mean on the forums. I was looking at the game ban list, and he's not on there. I said nothing about the forums.

edit: And I'll be sure to get the demo next time. I was observing through his FP view, and it did seem like he had a few "lucky" shots on people coming around corners (Not "lining" either. Like, he would shoot like 3 balls right before they came around the corner and hit them, not shoot 40 and hope someone ran through them), and he did seem to hit almost everyone he shot at.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 02:27:56 PM »
Ok, well you saw the message on the server?  Was he EVER banned on the ban list? I mentioned the forums because we post bans here.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 02:32:38 PM »
Oh, I thought you were saying that I thought a game ban meant an automatic forum ban, too. I don't think he was on the ban list before this one, because he only got a 32 day ban, and I haven't seen him on it for  this one.

As for the forum, nobody posted anything about it here either. Odd...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 03:10:19 PM »
The global bans are typically instant when people connect, so you probably won't even see them enter the game.  Also, they don't state the ban time.  It was probably just a server admin banning him.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 06:36:13 PM »
Oh, yeah because it said the ban would start at 7:00 PM Eastern, and I didn't think you would be able to play after you just got global banned until a certain time. Thanks.