Author Topic: Introducing The EuroPaint Cup Series #2  (Read 16803 times)

lekky

• Autococker
Introducing The EuroPaint Cup Series #2
« on: August 06, 2007, 06:20:44 PM »
So here we are again, the return of the EuroPaint Cup Series brought to you by the partnership between clan [QeHs] and DPger. The first instalment of the Cup Series was hugely successful, run over the course of one day, and involving 16 teams and over 50 players. You can see details, match results, as well as tournament statistics from the first tournament by visiting the www.europaint.eu and selecting season 1 on the right menu.

This Tournament will take place on Saturday 18th August at 16:00 BST (British Summer Time), the same time that Europaint #1 was held.

The rules follow those that were used in the first tournament, but please take some time go to over the rules given at weww.europaint.eu.

Each team may have up to 4 members, of which only 2 may play at any one time. Each match will last for 10 minutes, with each team allowed 1 observer in the server at any one time. Substitutions can take place at the end of any round, but substitutes are not allowed to join a team until the player they are replacing has left the team and joined observer. Every player is required to be using b18 or later, and must be logged into their account to enter a server and participate in a match. We also require every member of the team to record the whole match (servers are auto-recorded) as well as taking a screenshot at the end of every match. The map list for the tournament is as follows:

• Carbinewarz
  • Fusionr
  • Icecap
  • Overrun
  • Propaint2
  • Rome
  • Temple22
  • Warlock

Again, each round will consist of one 10 minute match on a map decided through elimination.

In order to register your team for this tournament please visit the Official EuroPaint website and sign up. Registrations will close at 00:00 BST Saturday 18th August 2007.To ensure your team secures a place please register early. Any teams that register, then realise they cannot play in the tournament must inform the EuroPaint administration as soon as possible, as any team that registers then does not turn up for the tournament on the day will be in breach of rule 4.4 and may be subsequently banned from future tournaments.

As mentioned above, the first tournament is scheduled for Saturday 18st August 2007 at 16:00 BST. At least one representative from each team must be present on irc (#europaint) at this time and will be required to idle in the channel for the duration of the tournament. We have a dedicated irc channel (#europaint.scores on irc.gg-center.net) to report the scores of each match in real-time. We estimate that the tournament will be finished by Saturday 18th August 2007 at 21:00 BST, so please ensure that you and your team members can commit to that time period before you register.

The list of rules for the tournament are available at www.europaint.eu, please ensure you read and understand the rules before the tournament begins, as not knowing the rules is no excuse for not following them (see rule 1.6).

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact myself or another member of the EuroPaint administration team. You may contact us in any of the following methods:

- Email
 - lekky@europaint.eu
 - pure@europaint.eu
- Irc
 - #europaint on irc.gg-center.net
 - #europaint on irc.quakenet.net
- Website at www.europaint.eu   

ps. if you have trouble logging in, please use this alternative link http://league.indiereview.co.uk/league/index.php

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Introducing The EuroPaint Cup Series #2
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 07:06:38 PM »
This is open to players anywhere, just held on Euro servers, correct?

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 07:14:05 PM »
<3 overrun

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 07:33:13 PM »

I think that is how it was last time.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 12:58:50 AM »

that is correct. players out of europe willl have to deal with higher pings, but are not excluded from the tournament. (we had 2 american teams in the first cup).

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 07:21:52 AM »
Yes, the North Americans who played in the first cup really enjoyed it and said they will play this time, so it can't be that bad. The UK server allows for a decent ping too, East coasters can expect a ping of around 100-120 there (I've seen a couple under 100).

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 10:53:46 AM »
Hmmm.... I might register good luck if I don't, I hope everything goes well.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 09:17:43 AM by Apocalypse »

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 03:16:48 PM »
ummm whattime isthat for someone in Michigan?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 03:51:12 PM »
Yeah lekky, i want to try and be a part of this one.

apocolypse, wtf is wrong with you, lekky is being helpful hosting these tourney's!!
I don't hope everything goes well.

lol jk, use commas though :P

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 04:35:24 PM »
ummm whattime isthat for someone in Michigan?

It depends what part of Michigan you live in.

If you live in male organ of copulationinson (D.i.c.k.inson), Gogebic, Iron, or Menominee it will be at 10am(CDT), otherwise it will be at 11am(EDT).

Someone care to confirm those times for me? :P

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 04:44:29 PM »
Correct Lekky,

1600 BST = 1500 GMT
CSDT = GMT - 5 = 1000 GMT
Michigan = 10 a.m.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 05:24:30 PM »
Thanks y00tz.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 09:23:03 AM »
@lekky I found this online if you want it for future time conversions http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc
@Spook lol don't make fun of me :P

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 12:51:58 PM »
NEWS UPDATE:

Right the Tournament has filled up now, I think there is only one spot left at this time. I also want to explicitly state that registering as a user and creating a team does not automatically sign you up for the tournament. To play in the tournament you need to go to the Sign ups page, and sign up for the tournament.

Although there is only one spot left, I would still suggest players and teams wanting to play come to the #europaint channel tomorrow before 16:00 BST as you might get to play in case of any dropouts.

Hope to see you all tomorrow!

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 03:18:09 PM »
I just signed up my team thanks for the notice didn't realize there was a sign up page.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2007, 05:35:54 AM »
3 and a half hours until the start, idle #europaint and #europaint.scores to follow the tournament!

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2007, 11:22:19 AM »
It's turning out great to bad Spook didn't show I lost both my games :(

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2007, 04:58:17 PM »
Another great tournament.
I'm not even comenting on my teams participation..:|
Props to apoc who hd to play twice 1v2 and pinging 150.Nice effort.

Good Job lekky and Pure

And off course congrats to MeMi.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2007, 09:52:57 PM »
I had a good excuse. My sister had a baby, and now i am an uncle of an 8 lb 1 oz little boy named Michael Creek :P

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2007, 10:45:14 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:08:10 AM by P!nk »