Author Topic: So, I can't login or post on the forums.  (Read 28584 times)

coLa

• Autococker
Re: So, I can't login or post on the forums.
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2007, 04:30:42 PM »
A friend of my brother-in-laws was shot and KILLED in Chicago as part of a carjacking gone wrong.  The suspect plead the same as Hinckley, not guilty by reason of insanity.   He was ALSO found not guilty.  The unfortunate part is that unlike Hinckley, this guy who killed an unknown person is walking on the streets after only 7 years in a psych ward.
But don't you think that is unfair and corrupt, and that people theoretically SHOULD be punished the same for doing the same thing?

yes. if you hack you hack. no matter how long you have been in the community its still the same thing.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2007, 05:59:35 PM »
Agreed 10000%

ZeroLegend

• VM-68
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2007, 06:05:41 PM »
To be honest i dont see why jits gives cheaters a 2nd chance.  If you suck so much you have to d/l skill you should never play again.

As for what happened here the info was leaked out and this is the stuff that deserves bans.  Then again you should make the rules more clear, when your saying its your responsibility to keep your pw secret then you ban the people who got the pw instead of the person who leaked it out is kinda dumb.  If you wanna make it so the people get banned who use the pw then change the rules.  Its hard not to mess with the account if the person is so much of a stupid donkey that he gave it to someone else. So in my opinion they should be banned too.

BUT ALL THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.  :-\

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2007, 06:10:58 PM »
 I wound't give 2nd chances either....

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2007, 08:22:10 AM »
A friend of my brother-in-laws was shot and KILLED in Chicago as part of a carjacking gone wrong.  The suspect plead the same as Hinckley, not guilty by reason of insanity.   He was ALSO found not guilty.  The unfortunate part is that unlike Hinckley, this guy who killed an unknown person is walking on the streets after only 7 years in a psych ward.
But don't you think that is unfair and corrupt, and that people theoretically SHOULD be punished the same for doing the same thing?

Thats why Jitspoe gives a 32 day ban to anyone caught hacking for the first time, no matter how long they have played. Seems you're getting a little confused.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2007, 03:02:12 PM »
Clearly this player has a much bigger impact on the community as a whole, whether or not they cheat. That _IS_ a no-brainer indeed. However, to quantify rule enforcement subjectively based on the violator is a ridiculous way to enforce rules.

Rules and laws are suppose to be set, clearly defined, and UNIFORMLY enforced.

If I go out and murder a homeless person who has no living family, this clearly effects less people than if I murder Al Gore. Does this mean I'll just spend a few nights in jail for the former? Wait a second, bad example.
You're completely missing the point.  I've never changed the rule enforcement based on the violator.  First offense cheaters get a 32 day ban regardless of who they are.

To be honest i dont see why jits gives cheaters a 2nd chance.  If you suck so much you have to d/l skill you should never play again.

As for what happened here the info was leaked out and this is the stuff that deserves bans.  Then again you should make the rules more clear, when your saying its your responsibility to keep your pw secret then you ban the people who got the pw instead of the person who leaked it out is kinda dumb.  If you wanna make it so the people get banned who use the pw then change the rules.  Its hard not to mess with the account if the person is so much of a stupid donkey that he gave it to someone else. So in my opinion they should be banned too.

There are several reasons for second chances.  Think of all the lawn mower/shower/brother incidents there have  been, which may or may not be true.  Certainly it wouldn't be fair to perm ban somebody for something he didn't do.  It also wouldn't be fair to give certain people a break when their story is fabricated, so everybody gets a second chance.  Some people have turned around and become positive members of the community.  Also, keeping people with dynamic IP's banned is difficult, especially if they have nothing to lose by evading bans.  Banning IP ranges can inhibit the ability for non-cheaters to play as well.

As for this situation, I have changed/clarified the rules, as I mentioned earlier.  I also banned both the person who "leaked" the password and the person who used it.  From my understanding, Jigsaw didn't give out his password.  Smokey made an mIRC script to steal it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 03:29:46 PM by jitspoe »

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2007, 03:19:34 PM »
As for this situation, I have changed/clarified the rules, as I mentioned earlier.  I also banned both the person who "leaked" the password and the person who used it.  From my understanding, Jigsaw didn't give out his password.  Smokey made an mIRC script to steal.
Yes, I just asked Smokey if he would edit my mp3 player because at the time I didn't know how to script very well on mirc.  But, you're right.

And thank you jitspoe for the account thing last night.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2007, 04:05:27 PM »

Some people have turned around and become positive members of the community.
[/quote]

Looks in mirror, and at Jigsaw =D

And not to flame but why are you guys still arguing over this? Old news, what's done is done, nobody needs to explain themselves

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2007, 06:01:51 PM »
I agree totally with Jitspoe here I think Blitz just isn't understanding properly what we're trying to say and lets do as Flame says and leave this alone before it gets locked.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2007, 07:08:50 PM »
Then again you should make the rules more clear, when your saying its your responsibility to keep your pw secret then you ban the people who got the pw instead of the person who leaked it out is kinda dumb.  If you wanna make it so the people get banned who use the pw then change the rules.  Its hard not to mess with the account if the person is so much of a stupid donkey that he gave it to someone else. So in my opinion they should be banned too.

Ignorance and maybe even stupidity are forgivable but cheer vindictiveness, blatant attacks on one's person, tampering with the intent for wrongful doing, or whatever you want to call this deserves a much stronger punishment.

EXAMPLE:  The young lady knew it was not safe to go for walk alone on the streets of Harlem but decide because it was daylight that she should be ok. (Plain ignorant and stupid by all means)  The same girl winds up raped and beat within an inch of her life...

Should she go to jail for being stupid??  Of course not!  Her punishment for her ignorance has already been applied.

The person who took advantage of the young girl's ignorance for his own sick self gain and pleasure is the one who should do time and be severely punished.

Y2J took advantage of Jigsaw's ignorance for his own pleasure and deserves more than what jitspoe has given him for punishment...  He oughta have more time for repeatedly coming on this forum under different names rattling his gums as if no one here is smart enough to see it's him. 

I'm sure Skater is poking his nose in using the same idiotic tactic.

Irregardless of all that, Y2J's intentions by his actions deserve the punishment and rest assured that jitspoe wouldn't just single Y2J out for no reason and punish him for nothing so be quiet, suck it up and take your just punishment.

ZeroLegend

• VM-68
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2007, 07:39:52 PM »
lmao why do you even post anymore you dont play and your just an annoying prick.  Also i like how you go with a rape and beat story in harlem you sick racist freak.  Should go get a life and stop posting.

K thanks.

User banned for this post
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 08:08:27 PM by jitspoe »

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2007, 07:57:23 PM »
You're completely missing the point.  I've never changed the rule enforcement based on the violator.  First offense cheaters get a 32 day ban regardless of who they are.

^^

I know you didn't change the rule, I was just commenting on the subjectivity of your comment concerning wallhacker's effect upon the community (and how it differs from case to case), and how this kind of thinking _can_ lead to subjectively biased rulings. The main point of this thread has  taken a tangent that I didn't mean to persue, sorry about that.

Just to reiterate the only point I was trying to make:
All wallhackers caught should be punished equally and severely, be it their fifth day playing DP or their fifth year -- and that wallhacking/cheating is and will continue to be (IMO) the biggest threat to this community.

Again, I don't think you've done anything wrong, or made any unfair rulings.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2007, 08:04:24 PM »
Blitz i totally agree with what you're saying....

However, you have to admit that if someone found y00tz using a ZGH hack, it would be way more of a big deal than some kid who registered his first name 5 minutes ago wallhacking...

While the punishments would be the same, everyone knows they would have different effects on the community, regardless of whether or not its biased. I think you have a good point but lets be realistic, nothing can ever truly be "fair"

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2007, 07:34:08 AM »

Just to reiterate the only point I was trying to make:
All wallhackers caught should be punished equally and severely, be it their fifth day playing DP or their fifth year -- and that wallhacking/cheating is and will continue to be (IMO) the biggest threat to this community.

I agree. The concept of wallhacking is the biggest threat to this community. What are the majority of the new threads created on this board concerned with? Jitspoes point is as valid as yours.