Author Topic: EuroPaint #2: The Result  (Read 7539 times)

lekky

• Autococker
EuroPaint #2: The Result
« on: August 18, 2007, 05:16:24 PM »
So today the 2nd Tournament in the EuroPaint Cup Series took place and, similar to the first tournament this one lasted for about 5 1/2 hours. Again, we would like to thank OTB, MeMi and QeHs for the use of their servers throughout the tournament, without their support the tournament would simply not exist. We would also like to give our thanks to every player and team that took part in the 2nd tournament. It was a great 5 or so hours with lots of competitiveness, and even more fantastic sportsmanship, we really couldn't ask for anything more.

As with the previous tournament, there were quite a few surprises along the way. One of those being the progress of little-known Polish side 2B lead by saq, we are looking forward to seeing them in the future EuroPaint tournaments! There was also a fantastic run put together by Swedish side Kdt . Having been knocked into the lower bracket by German team OTB, they worked their way through the pack to eventually face [OTB] again in the lower bracket final, but this time took the map 13:12 to setup a final match with team Opi!. The final was an exciting affair, and with maps chosen including Warlock and icecap, their was sure to be some interesting action. Team Opi! managed to take both maps winning Warlock 50:30 and Icecap 29:24, with their greater experience in Paintball matchplay being one of the deciding factors in the match.

The final positions were as follows:

1: Opi! - PURE, Sprigger
2: Kdt^ - corny, wesslan
3: OTB - T3RR0R15T, Kongo, RowseR, Fuchs

Full details of all the action can be found by checking the EuroPaint website. Further information on the tournament can be found below:

• Final Standings
  • All Match Results
  • Team Statistics

So again, we would just like to thank everyone who helped and took part in EuroPaint #2. I'm sure you'll all agree that this was just as successful as the previous tournament if not more, and we are sure this Series of Cups will continue to get bigger and better!

magalhaes

• Autococker
Re: EuroPaint #2: The Result
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 05:53:35 PM »
From kdt^ website:

On behalf of whole kdt^ we would like to say thanks to the Europaint Cup admins for a fun and well orginazed cup. unfortunately we didn't do very well, we didn't even win a single match.. :( but we will do better next time. I promise.. :) for more information about the Europaint Cup Series click here.

Seems like they kept their promisse :)

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 07:52:39 AM »
Man it makes me look like we suck on the team statistics too bad noone knows that I was playing alone :(
It was a great tournament though I stayed around till the very end.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 12:58:31 PM »
Wish I could have woken up early enough to participate, but I knew there was no chance, so I didn't even bother signing up.  Hope everybody had fun.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 01:45:43 PM »
Congrats PureBlood/Spirgger!  It's nice to see some unfamiliar faces taking some of the top spots.  I think that this series is doing wonders for the European scene and I hope after a few more of these 2v2 we'll begin to see some really competitive 4v4 squads.  I'm really glad to see PureBlood and lekky organize an -- almost exclusively -- European tournament, because I always hated the guilt trip I received when trying to organize a segregated or NA-only PBCup.  There were always far too many headaches when trying to please both continents, but it's looking like EuroPaint could step in and produce the competitive environment that European teams desire.

Cheers!