Author Topic: Committee Nominations  (Read 84351 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Committee Nominations
« on: August 28, 2007, 03:40:16 PM »
I've come to the conclusion that a committee will be very helpful and almost necessary to keep up with all of the disputes, requests, broken rules, inappropriate behavior, and other issues.  The committee will be responsible for reviewing actions that either violate the established rules or are otherwise considered inappropriate.  The committee will help determine who is responsible for the action and what punishment, if any, is appropriate.  Committee members may be asked to contact the people involved, view logs, etc. to research the details of the case.  Potentially personal and private data may be discussed (IP addresses, emails, names, etc.)  This information is not to go beyond the committee.  If committee members can't unanimously decide on an appropriate punishment, a poll will be run to vote on the issue.

Some examples of things the committee may have to decide on:
- A cheater is banned on a widely shared computer/network.  Should the ban be lifted so non-cheaters on the network can play?
- Multiple accounts were found registered from the same computer.  Were these accounts registered by the same person?  Were the multiple registrations intentional or accidental?  Should any punishment be used for violating the one account rule?
- Two different clans wish to use the same tag.  Which clan should be allowed to have the tag?
- Two players wish to use the same name.  Who should have rights to the name?
- A player is offended by the behavior of another player and requests some action be taken.  What, if any, action needs to be taken?
- Somebody requests that an old clan or some former clan history be deleted because it makes him look disloyal and unattractive to recruiting clans.  Should his request be honored?
- A player distributes links to download cheats.  What, if any, action should be taken?
- Somebody registers a name that resembles a current player's name.  Is it an attempt to spoof or just coincidence?  Should any action be taken?

Here is how the nominations will work:
- Nominations will run for about a week or two, depending on how long it takes to get a good list of candidates.
- Each player can nominate only one person.
- You can't nominate yourself.
- The person nominated must accept the nomination.  If he is not willing to be part of the committee, the person who nominated him may nominate another person.

Once a sufficient list of candidates is generated, I will create a poll with all the nominations that allows (up to) 10 votes.  Everybody gets to pick their top 10.

Magical-Tree

• Stingray
Re: Committee Nominations
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 03:42:40 PM »
I nominate y00tz. Im sure he'd love to do it.

~MT

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 03:45:57 PM »
I'll nominate Zorch.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 04:00:24 PM »
Jesse Bain

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 04:11:05 PM »
KiLo :D

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 04:11:34 PM »
Why hasn't anyone nominated jits yet? ;)

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 04:12:11 PM »
Why hasn't anyone nominated jits yet? ;)

Cuz everyone knows that he is an honorary member!

Actually Eiii makes a point. Will jitspoe and the Moderators automatically be members or do they need to be nominated too?

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 04:43:45 PM »
And the question arises what if one or more persons from committee can´t be online during decision making process? Are there like reserve squad that will kick in if this kinda things occurred?

I nominate loial21.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 04:46:37 PM »
b00nlander (Pureblood).

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 07:05:49 PM »
So the committee is actually gonna start up? Anyways, i guess i'd nominate y00tz

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 07:31:29 PM »
So the committee is actually gonna start up? Anyways, i guess i'd nominate y00tz
...Too late.

P!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 08:11:40 PM »
I'll go with Blitz.

Editted because Cobo is nominating Eiii, so I don't need to. :D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 06:40:44 PM by P!nk »

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 08:27:47 PM »
satan

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 09:12:50 PM »
Zorch, Queenie, DaRkNeSS, Xbain, Apoc, idk

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 09:13:38 PM »
I guess i'll wait till the actual voting thread comes to vote for my main man yootzy

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 09:18:09 PM »
Zorch, Queenie, DaRkNeSS, Xbain, Apoc, idk

Read. One vote per person.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 10:40:14 PM »
satan
Satan or s8n?

As for the moderators and me, I'll let the community decide.  Naturally I'll need to be involved in the discussions, but when it comes to voting, the outcome will be determined by the elected members, whether they include me or not.

And the question arises what if one or more persons from committee can´t be online during decision making process? Are there like reserve squad that will kick in if this kinda things occurred?
Topics and polls will be posted on a private forum (though some of the more immediate discussion may take place on IRC).  I figure if we have about 10 total members, having 5 or so online should be sufficient for a decision making, unless there are some strong disagreements, in which case we can post a poll and give the other members a day or two to participate.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 10:40:26 PM »
I nominate skater

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 10:42:23 PM »
ViciouZ would be a good choice, he is online a lot and is very involved in multiple facets of the game.

-y00tz

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007, 11:15:13 PM »