Author Topic: Cheat Detected: #c0NF|DaRkOn  (Read 5233 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Cheat Detected: #c0NF|DaRkOn
« on: September 12, 2007, 01:31:08 PM »
Name used: #c0NF|DaRkOn
Player ID: 5323
IPs:
80.136.65.87 = p50884157.dip.t-dialin.net
91.55.111.6 = p5B376F06.dip.t-dialin.net
Cheat: Penix
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 02:13:12 PM by jitspoe »

Rocky

• Autococker
Re: Cheat Detected: #c0NF|DaRkOn
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 01:35:35 PM »
haha there goes confused..

Suizid

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 04:02:14 AM »
hahahahahahahaha

confused gone bad

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 05:12:01 AM »
Nothing funny anout that.

They are all cool guys, they cheated, they got banned. No need to smear. They could have used better judgment, but they didn´t.

Nevertheless I still consider them as good persons, put aside the hacking issues.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 05:36:29 AM »
Edge respectfully...

The issue of hacking should be a none issue.

Permban

-Your thoughts sir?

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 05:43:21 AM »
I agree.

Just look @ CS

Hack=permban

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 05:55:31 AM »
I don´t support them hackin, I was just saying that it´s not neccessary to grin at them

Nevertheless I still consider them as good persons, put aside the hacking issues.

Maybe I shouldent get involved in this thread because I like those guys, but hacking is unforgivable as you say. I´m not defending them or w/e, I´m not their lawyer. I just support the persons who they are, not the hax.

PaRaDeaD

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 06:03:31 AM »
Nothing funny anout that.

They are all cool guys, they cheated, they got banned. No need to smear. They could have used better judgment, but they didn´t.

Edge are you meddling stupid?

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 06:16:40 AM »
Yeah, I´m probably stupid because i diverse the people and their actions in a game.

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 06:31:54 AM »
What makes them cool edge? hacking, flooding or changing the map when they're losing?

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 06:40:10 AM »
As I sead, I meant privately, not in game. I will not continue this discussion any more, since I have spoken what i mean. And Parade you call me stupid and you post only in Cheats. Guess you like to see a man fall down and then laugh at him.

C ya on diferent threads.

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 06:57:25 AM »
Well good for you edge.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 07:01:11 AM »
I just don't like the fact that they were allowed to cheat in probably a dozen or so matches if not more.  I agree with jitspoe that immediately banning players with cheats makes it easier for potential cheat developers to test the detectability of their cheats, but ZGH and Penix are already listed as detectable cheats in the "underground forums".  I think that by jitspoe waiting so long to ban offenders is causing some people to feel entrapped.  If you look at the entire #c0NF team here, it is more likely that one player had the intentions on using cheats and he played around with a couple of them and after a few days wasn't caught.  He then distributed these "undetected cheats" to his entire clan which used them because they were unaware of the consequences and now the entire team is about going down for cheating.  I think that probably 3-4 of these players who have been legit for a year already would have never cheated if their foolish clanmate had have been caught and banned immediately.

So instead of banning one person with bad intentions, we've banned almost an entire team that was persuaded to cheat by this individual.  Their reputations are tarnished and this team and all of its members (even those who hadn't cheated) will be under scrutiny for years to come.

Now we have a dozen or so matches that need to have their results over-ruled.  Numerous teams have been playing #c0NF at a definitive disadvantage which could have been prevented.  If I were running a tournament I would hate to have a team of cheaters do well, maybe even win a prize and come to find out a couple weeks later that they were playing dishonestly with cheats.

So why don't we just autoban the checksums of Penix, ZGH and the multi-hook?  These cheats have been detected for way too long and you would be weeding out the bad players who have sought after cheats, as opposed to those who were convinced into cheating by friends or clanmates.

Next on the agenda: hardware based bans, so we're not banning all of Mexico or small villages when these idiots cheat.  Most people know that the hardware checksums are being generated already, let's just put the banning capability into place.

Edit:
virus will hack this website^^

and this mof newb game for newbies1
 :::::50k botnet ftw!:::::
Now you've got these script-kiddies threatening you over this.  A 100-node botnet would kill your login server and grind a hault to every 'sv_login 2' server, would hate to see what kind of damage there would be with this supposed 50k botnet.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 05:52:59 PM »
While I agree somewhat, but let's take a step back and look at exactly what happened:

The first c0nf guy to cheat initially used the name "newbie" and "noname".  Typical "testing the waters" cheating.  He also had a dynamic IP that changed basically every time he played.  So what would an auto-ban get us?  Some "newbie" cheated, got a disposable IP banned, and moved on to look for new cheats.  A day or two later, he and his clan mates start playing with their real names, running around blatantly cheating and boasting that they defeated the cheat detection system.

Now I'll admit that I let this go on too long.  I was busy with other things and didn't check the cheat detection log for a couple of weeks.  By the time I checked almost the entire clan was in full swing cheating, but I don't think these are would-be-legit players.  Some had been caught cheating before.  They just hadn't been cheating because they were aware of the cheat detection system.  Once one of them came up with an elaborate scheme to work around the cheat detection (or so they thought), they all (or nearly all - I think there were only 1 or 2 people on the roster who didn't get caught) started cheating regularly.

Of course their work around was a bunch of bollix.  The real reason they didn't get caught was because I hadn't checked the logs, but they didn't know that.  Had the bans been immediate, they would have immediately known their workaround didn't work and possibly continued to try until they found one that did.  If they did find a way to avoid the cheat detection, I'm fairly certain they would have been cheating for a lot longer than 2 weeks.

As for botnet attacks, I would take legal action.  That kind of thing can get somebody in real trouble.

TheRealSoldier

• PGP
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 01:00:48 PM »
good job