Author Topic: best effin idea ever?  (Read 10033 times)

eradicator

• Autococker
best effin idea ever?
« on: September 14, 2007, 09:16:46 PM »
You know this is gonna sound stupid to some but its just me talking here. I think this game should have a ranking system based on lifetime kills, deaths, grabs, caps....etc. You know? like some sort of gametrak or somethin. This would be the best accomplishment so far in dp2, at least I think so. I am expecting criticism so let me have it like a step child needs a beating ;D. but seriously, lets do this.
Jits I especially want your opinion on this.
also I am hoping to make committee.
vote for me??
*erad braces himself, the fans on high,... and diarrhea is still a possibility.

peace.

coLa

• Autococker
Re: best effin idea ever?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 09:44:38 PM »
how about amount of paint used vs. total kills. that would be a sight to see. :)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 09:57:14 PM »
NEVER BEEN PROPOSED BEFORE EVER

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Not just in this game-- no, this is the first time this idea has been proposed ever. I salute you, sir.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 10:25:32 PM »
Isn't this already in the feature vote thread? Either way, I'd like to see this (if not something similar) come about.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 11:40:03 PM »
I just added this to the feature request thread a few days ago...

MiZ

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 08:38:11 AM »
I think this idea is great, it will help me and erad figure out who is better of the brothers in paint ball.

Sinceraly,MizeraKK

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 11:07:48 AM »
Gee thnx bro, but I could not care any less about that. We already know that you are better.

Scope

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 11:48:18 AM »
Clan leaders can look at the stats and see how good they are.

BuLLzEyE

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 07:02:41 PM »
Clan leaders can look at the stats and see how good they are.
Umm. How?

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 04:31:21 AM »
yeah, they did, pretty good implementation too to my memory. Memi also had stats running on their servers a while ago, i think it was the Gibstats implementation (http://gibstats.planetquake.gamespy.com/). Me and Reed thought about writing our own recently, but then we decided that we had more interesting things to do, like feed the ducks.

- Dagless M.D

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 05:42:54 AM »
I've been toying with this idea for longer than anyone else.  Some people have seen my eR33t stats, others caught a glimpse of my ch1ll-stats testing.  My most recent ideas are 20x better than anything I've ever implemented in the past, but that project gets put on hold until some of my feature requests get voted up.

Someone has my old stats code right now and is looking at getting it up on a few servers, so we'll see how it goes.

MiZ

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 03:23:02 PM »
yeah bain, go for it, I want stats for evryone sooo bad. A good example I got from my friend is runescape, I guess they run player stats for everyone.

I hope its worth the wait.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 09:45:39 PM »
You know this is gonna sound stupid to some but its just me talking here. I think this game should have a ranking system based on lifetime kills, deaths, grabs, caps....etc. You know? like some sort of gametrak or somethin. This would be the best accomplishment so far in dp2, at least I think so. I am expecting criticism so let me have it like a step child needs a beating ;D. but seriously, lets do this.
Jits I especially want your opinion on this.
also I am hoping to make committee.
vote for me??
*erad braces himself, the fans on high,... and diarrhea is still a possibility.

peace.

This was once done many years ago by Blitz and Team eR33t and was one of the greatest idea's i think for the game.
If we could get this to happen again but logged through players logged into their accounts via dpball.com login, this would have a great turn out.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 07:24:02 AM »
This was once done many years ago by Blitz and Team eR33t and was one of the greatest idea's i think for the game.

Blitz made the eR33t.com site and the pbcup tournament sites.  I did 95% of DPStats.

If we could get this to happen again but logged through players logged into their accounts via dpball.com login, this would have a great turn out.

I've got most of it already sketched out and some great new features planned for it.  Complete integration with DPLogin is one of the main features planned.  Also planned are some interesting "social networking" crap that is all the buzz right now.  Instead of it being exclusive to eR33t servers or ch1ll servers like it was in the past, I'd like to open it up and all stats collections from all servers that qualify to be a ranked server.

You're probably just better off waiting for jitspoe to get around to doing it.  There are some pretty serious roadblocks that make it pretty difficult to do what needs to be done.  I'm still waiting on a feature request just to be able to do the stats right, it'll probably take 4-5 more tiny feature requests before I can get any sort of decent integration and implementation.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 11:35:31 AM »
Blitz made the eR33t.com site and the pbcup tournament sites.  I did 95% of DPStats.

I've got most of it already sketched out and some great new features planned for it.  Complete integration with DPLogin is one of the main features planned.  Also planned are some interesting "social networking" crap that is all the buzz right now.  Instead of it being exclusive to eR33t servers or ch1ll servers like it was in the past, I'd like to open it up and all stats collections from all servers that qualify to be a ranked server.

You're probably just better off waiting for jitspoe to get around to doing it.  There are some pretty serious roadblocks that make it pretty difficult to do what needs to be done.  I'm still waiting on a feature request just to be able to do the stats right, it'll probably take 4-5 more tiny feature requests before I can get any sort of decent integration and implementation.

Oh sorry XBain, sorry about that. Maybe you could try and create another one that is tracked through the login system?
If you need help i kinda know a little, or maybe someone else might know more?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 01:37:03 PM »
I don't think there's any point in starting to develop one now- it looks like jits will have one in at least a year. That was the original purpose of the GLS, after all.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 02:08:08 PM »
I don't think there's any point in starting to develop one now- it looks like jits will have one in at least a year. That was the original purpose of the GLS, after all.

Okay, I'll start campaigning on the forums and IRC (maybe even pub servers) to get one of the four "global stats" feature votes to the top of the list.  In the mean time, jitspoe can get back to spending what little time he has left for DP on dealing with undetected speed cheaters who are ruining the pub experience and ban evasions.

And, if you think that this "committee" is going to give jitspoe more time to spend developing this game instead of babysitting it, I'm betting you're wrong.  The selected members are just going to be making a few decisions on behalf of the community just to reduce the "jitler" factor that goes on around here.  In the end it'll probably just rip itself apart with tons of internal disputes since most people here can't seem to get over themselves when given any kind of "power role".

</rant>
</dpforum>

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 03:04:55 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:06:36 AM by P!nk »

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2007, 06:19:55 PM »
I know this is completely off topic, but it seems like all the good stuff (well, most of it anyway) was in the game before I came along: eR33T had the stats thing, DPCup (although this has been brought back), and alot of other stuff I keep hearing about but never got to see. I feel so left out. XD

Back on topic, though, I think this would be a great idea, and would set up for an idea of mine (prolly not too original): take the 8-12 best players on the stats list, and have a "Legends Game". I always wish something like this would happen, especially when I get into a game that happens to have alot of the game's great players in it. That would be the best. We could have a team of 3 or 4 people just observing and taking demos to make promo videos for the game. It could be like a sporting event!

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2007, 06:39:34 PM »
I kinda like that idea FullMetal.
I think something like the top 8-12 should be used in a "Match" vs each other like FullMetal said, it would be a great experience to watch or play.