Author Topic: jitspoe's .plan  (Read 267756 times)

Smokey69

Re: jitspoe's .plan
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2005, 10:57:13 PM »
omg jits im likein the new mode idea (ill keep shh) but DUDE I BOW DOWN TO YOU! Without you and this game i would be out gettin iin trouble possably into drugs so you should go FAST please............

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2005, 11:32:45 PM »
omg jits im likein the new mode idea (ill keep shh) but DUDE I BOW DOWN TO YOU! Without you and this game i would be out gettin iin trouble possably into drugs so you should go FAST please............

Way off topic, but Im sure when Jitspoe gets back he would be honored to hear this first and then tell you wait in line with the rest of us. :)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2005, 02:46:44 PM »
WHAT'S THE GAMEMODE?!?!/!

boo-hoo.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2005, 03:01:52 PM »
Pong.

I guess the next thing I need to do is get some dpcon pics and descriptions up.  I should have taken more pictures.  I meant to, but it's hard to play and take pictures at the same time, y'know? :)

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2005, 03:21:46 PM »
you can be an obserber and take some good pics :)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2005, 03:26:43 PM »
But then you can't play.

And pong? Really? No.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2005, 10:12:36 PM »
i was thinking the same thing but you can sacrifice a good pong game for us right
;)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2005, 09:02:32 PM »
Finally got the dpcon pics up.  Amazing how simply updating a web page can take hours.

I also threw in a small feature for the next version: team-specific buttons and doors (just put a teamnumber on them and only that team will be able to open/trigger them).

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2005, 09:18:03 PM »
jitspoe what about a team-specific jail spawn it has to be possible because in xbmap you can but i dont know how

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2005, 06:50:11 AM »
Yay for jits.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2005, 12:45:53 PM »
Team specific jail spawns have always been there.  Just add a teamnumber like any other spawn point.

I fixed the water jump code so you can get out of the water more easily on renoir and summer.  I tried to get it so you could jump out of thewater moving backwards or sideways, too, but it never quite worked right.

I need to fix the crouch up hill bug, the slide-uncontrollably-uphill-if-you're-moving-too-fast bug (it's really bad on the KOTH map I was working on -- you keep overshooting the hill, lol), and I'm thinking of tweaking the downhill movement so instead of stopping your vertical movement when you hit the ground, it adjusts it according to the angle of the ground, so you can actually run downhill instead of bounce downhill.  I may have to do some client/server versioning checks for that, though, otherwise the prediction will be seriously whacked out unless all servers and clients update at the same time.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2005, 07:37:23 PM »
Thanks does it fix Dt's trick in the middle of Summer, the water under the bridge that you can not get out of? Oh btw saw the dpcon pics great job and it look fun ;) , one thing though CUT YOUR HAIR HIPPY!!!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2005, 02:06:36 AM »
That's further down on the todo list. ;)

SdC.Captin

• VM-68
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2005, 08:32:57 PM »
wow leave jit's hair its sweet makes him look like a skarer so shh

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2005, 10:01:49 PM »
which request DT krewl trick or your hair:)

Capt,Jitspoe is looking more and more like Kid ROCk :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2005, 01:59:57 PM »
I wasn't aware that you couldn't get out of the water under the bridge.  This is more for the rivers.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2005, 02:34:19 AM »
Water quality degrades over time due to lack of precision.  I managed to reduce it some.

I added a nice little feature where if the map checksum fails, it redownloads it, but saves the failed map so it can swap back and forth between different maps with the same filename.

QExpo is starting this week.  I need to set up a booth.  I'll probably try to release build 15 during it if I can.  Rob (3dblu) just moved, so I doubt he'll be able to work on the player model any time soon, so I guess I'll have to release the high-poly only version for now.  I still haven't gotten in touch with Calrathan about the pong code.  Pong may have to wait until the next release.  I probably wouldn't have time to fix the bugs anyway.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2005, 07:49:35 PM »
I wasn't aware that you couldn't get out of the water under the bridge. This is more for the rivers.
Mabey its not summer but its newer dt maps.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2005, 08:35:06 PM »
i think it is crimethink.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2005, 01:15:23 AM »
Got the pong code from cal tonight, so tomorrow's project will be:

- Merging his code changes with mine.
- Figuring out why the ball gets stuck and stop it from getting stuck.
- Make it reset itself it it does get stuck (or is untouched for a period of time).
- Make it reset if it falls in paint (lava) or a trigger_hurt.
- Fix it so the rounds don't end (so we don't need to run it in debug mode).
- Make the ball higher poly -- thought the old one would be good enough, but it looks pretty blocky.
- Add pong mode to the menus.
- Add pong mode to the mapinfo / rotation / voting.

And that's just for pong mode. :)