Author Topic: Guide: General BSP stuff II  (Read 29387 times)

Narga

• 68 Carbine
Re: An "extra" BSP tutorial
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 11:51:15 PM »
I don't know if that's the main BSP questions thread... if not just refer me to one. Otherwise, here's my question: I just installed BSP. I can run it normally, edit a map normally but wait it comes the time to test it, I compile it using qbsp.bat And then on Paintball it says       

''Can't find maps/inprogress/default.bsp'' How can I solve this problem ?

Thanks for further help,

Flamer.

Did you create a folder in you're X:\games\paintball2\pball\maps directory? (Replace the letter "X" with the drive letter you installed the game to.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2011, 05:32:33 AM »
Which bsp version did you installed? Where is it from?

Did you changed the path to your paintball folder?

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2011, 03:59:00 PM »
Okay so here is the version ''bsp_pb2_build019a.zip - 4.2MB''  from the files/Downloads page of this website.

I just installed in on my desktop. Should I uninstall it and re-install it INTO  C:\Games\Paintball2 ? That can be my mistake. Thought, I remember that my brother Oli887 created a file called ''inprogress'' for it on his computer years ago.

Would it be easier if I install Both BSP and Painball game on the desktop, or separated somewhere else... ?

Thanks for your help both,

Flamer.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2011, 06:32:29 PM »
Did you check to see if you have a folder called inprogress? Make sure it is not a file. If you see a file called inprogress, delete it and create a folder called inprogress.

If this doesn't work, then try re-compiling the map. Once you open up BSP, load a map, and compile it, for some reason, it will try to compile a map called default. If you compile it again, it will compile the map that is open.

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2011, 03:24:47 PM »
Figured everything out with those informations :) Thanks a lot :)

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2011, 09:20:51 AM »
Figured everything out with those informations :) Thanks a lot :)

yw