Author Topic: Introducing The DP Committee  (Read 8592 times)

lekky

• Autococker
Introducing The DP Committee
« on: October 09, 2007, 05:37:19 PM »
The Committee has now been set up following the completion of the Committee Voting thread. The current DP Committee consists of the following members:

• KnacK
  • ViciouZ
  • bitmate
  • WarWulf
  • T3RR0R15T
  • Spook
  • lekky
  • lords8n
  • Olbaid
  • Zorchenhimer

The Committee has been set up to to relieve some of the demands and pressure on Jitspoe, and to enable him to concentrate more on the development side of this game rather than the administration of it.

The responsibilities of the Committee will include the investigation into the following:

• Potential hackers(e.g. demos).
  • Multiple account registrations.
  • Name/clan leadership requests.
  • Other misc. situations that may arise.

As members of the Community you can be assured that the Committee will act without bias when analysing issues and making its decisions. The Committee, thus aims to enforce the games rules, and by doing so ensuring competition is kept healthy and fair.

If you have any issues you feel that the Committee could help you resolve, please feel free to get in touch with any member listed above, either through irc or the forums.

On behalf of the Committee, we'd like to extend out thanks for those that voted for us, and we hope to repay you back with our work.

WarWulf

• Autococker
Re: Introducing The DP Committee
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 08:01:05 PM »
hehe yeah anyone with any questions can feel free to message me on irc\forums\ventrilo

ty dp commuity for voting for me :) and the other members of the committee as well. real good group of people :)

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »
can we get an IRC committee channel?

similar to #paintball only for committee members and issues?

#DP-Committee

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 08:26:55 PM »
try  #DPCommittee

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 09:20:41 PM »
maybe a shorter name like #dpcom ? (feel free to call me lazy-ass :P)

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 09:41:29 PM »
maybe a shorter name like #dpcom ? (feel free to call me lazy-ass :P)

Auto-connect scripts? :P

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 10:19:51 PM »
I don't use mIRC, I use Trillian. It's not as sophisticated and I don't know if it's possible to put scripts in it. It can go into channels and do basic commands, that's all I need.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 12:51:00 AM »
I don't use mIRC, I use Trillian. It's not as sophisticated and I don't know if it's possible to put scripts in it. It can go into channels and do basic commands, that's all I need.

You can make it auto-connect I think... and also add it to your buddy list if I recall right.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 01:47:42 AM »
Thanks for taking the initiative to post this, lekky.  I've been meaning to write up an official announcement about the committee but haven't gotten around to it.  I'll just sticky this thread as it pretty much covers it.

Alpha

• Stingray
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 08:04:03 AM »
Wow...very good vote, I totally agree with all of those guys...and I'm hapy that we got an international commitee,with well-known and active guys :)

Seems to be a great idea

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 08:15:28 AM »
Congrats all.

Hopefully Jits will set up a private portion of the forums for you all, and a public one for requests. Forums allow for more deliberation. It can be difficult to get everyone together for a meeting in IRC, especially given the times represented.  But even if that is done a forum can be used to set the appointment.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 08:23:31 AM »
We do have a private section of the forum m7feettall, and that is where all our decisions are made and recorded.

Brewsky

• Stingray
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 11:40:22 AM »
omg look at this committee full of marshmallow men and mamby pambies, the world is coming to an end...

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 01:04:58 PM »
* KnacK puts Brewsky on " The List "

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 03:08:07 PM »
Jits might want to look into the second part of m7s post though.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 06:33:52 PM »
There's already a private forum (with nearly 40 threads already) and a private IRC channel.  We've been busy, even if it doesn't show yet.  If anybody has an issue, they can either PM one of the committee members or post it in one of the existing forums and it'll be looked into (note that it may take a week or so for a decision to be agreed on).  I don't think it's necessary to have a public forum purely for committee related things (yet).

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 06:53:29 PM »
we should be able to see, not post what the commitee is discussing to make sure that there are doing what they were elected to do.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2007, 07:02:52 PM »
Hmm. At the very least we should be able to get in their 'private' channel- just without voice and with +m set. So we can see their real-time discussions, if even an organized one of those were to take place.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 07:09:46 PM »
Hmm. At the very least we should be able to get in their 'private' channel- just without voice and with +m set. So we can see their real-time discussions, if even an organized one of those were to take place.
I guess the committe is going to have to decide that.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2007, 07:18:11 PM »
:P

I don't think we've actually discussed any of the issues on irc yet, at least not formally. The forums are more than adequate for our job :P

we should be able to see, not post what the commitee is discussing to make sure that there are doing what they were elected to do.

Thats not really viable due to the nature of our discussions and the information we use to aid us.