Author Topic: Multiple Accounts: [CC]dystro, J3ROME  (Read 15460 times)

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
Re: Multiple Accounts: [CC]dystro, J3ROME
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 04:43:09 PM »
I don't see why registering another account is a bannable offense.

Anybody shed some light on why this might be?

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2007, 04:44:49 PM »
Should have came forward earlier.
The rule is there for 3 months or so.

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2007, 04:46:57 PM »
Bah forgot to add a "why" to it.

:P

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2007, 04:52:24 PM »
Anywho, unban dystro.  He wouldn't have known to come forward until after the committee member messaged him, as Jigsaw stated: He hardly ever visits the forums.

I hardly think him knowing about coming forward with your multi-account will result in a lesser ban time would have made any difference. After all, he did make the second account in the first place after explicitly agreeing to the "only 1 account per person" rule. You are telling me he would have the honesty to come forward with it if we didn't know about it? Surely the simple fact that he made the account in the first place negates your logic?

I don't see why registering another account is a bannable offense.

Anybody shed some light on why this might be?

It is a rule set up by Jitspoe, for reasons that were discussed in the how to implement the dplogin thread before it was created. There is a rule, and thus it holds a punishment. Why are you trying to tell us to lower the punishment for rule-breaking? Are you implying that rule breaking is ok? Surely you should be for, rather than against punishments to make sure that the rules are respected?

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2007, 05:03:43 PM »
Well Lekky, here is my logic:

Let me use a comparison:

If someone tells you not to smoke a cigarette, and you had never head of what a cigarette was before, what will you do?  Most likely smoke it.  Why?  Because you do not know what the repercussions will be.  The repercussions being lung cancer, yellowed teeth, bad breath, etc.

The same goes for registering multiple accounts.  It tells you  that you are only allowed to register one account, but it doesn't say what will happen to you once you make it.  So dystro made the account, and assumed that he would not get banned for such a small thing as a multiple account.  He assumed that at *MOST* it would get deleted.  So therefore he went ahead and made the account, whether by accident, or on purpose, he still did not know he would be banned. 

That, and the fact that getting banned for multiple accounts is unreasonable in general, is why I think dystro should be unbanned.

And Lekky, rules are meant to be broken if they were made for reasons that are either non-existent.

Maybe there are reasons.  If you could point these out to me I will wave the white flag and bow down to thee.  Until then, the war wages on.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2007, 05:13:59 PM »
Well Lekky, here is my logic:

Let me use a comparison:

If someone tells you not to smoke a cigarette, and you had never head of what a cigarette was before, what will you do?  Most likely smoke it.  Why?  Because you do not know what the repercussions will be.  The repercussions being lung cancer, yellowed teeth, bad breath, etc.

Really? I would have thought it was because there is no law against smoking cigarettes.

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2007, 05:15:34 PM »
Lekky just called me silly on IRC.

I give up.

You win.

Make your pointless laws and abide by them.  FOR IF YOU STAY I WILL EAT YOUR FIRSTBORN.

And lekky, there is a law against smoking cigarettes, being: you have to be over 19.

Your move, sherlock.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2007, 05:18:25 PM »
The global login, and accounts that are registered for it, are there to make sure that each person that logs in and plays is allowed to be.
Cheaters, haxorz, cheat distributors, and other offenders get banned.
The global login system keeps them out.
Creating another account is a means of eluding a global ban.
So...registering multiple accounts are not allowed.

Do you know the penalty for non-malicious man slaughter in the second degree?
I don't either, but it's a crime, and committing it yields a punishment. Me thinking they may just give me a small fine for it is no justification of committing the crime.

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2007, 05:57:32 PM »
The global login system doesn't keep them out silly.

IP bans or hardware bans do.

All the login system does is protect names from being stolen and whatnot, it doesn't provide a way for cheaters to evade bans, unless they are server only.

Rebuttal?

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2007, 07:14:30 PM »
Nah lekky. i wasnt on IRC before sorry but heres my point im making.

You told us if we had multiple accounts to come forward and tell you to get a shortened ban. ie(8 days)

And word on the street is that dystro did tell you he had registered a second account prior to him being banned... I do not think it is fair that you ban him because "it was already under investigation before he came forward"

That is where I have the problem. It should be an 8 day ban not a 16, he did tell you prior to him being banned... the rule was never "given its not already being looked into"

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »
He is believed to have come forward after knowing his account was under investigation.

I do not think it is fair that you ban him because "it was already under investigation before he came forward"

Of course, thats not fair and we couldn't justify, nor would we want to do anything like that. We don't want to ban people, if only you guys could see the efforts of the guys on the Committee to find ways of justifying peoples actions you wouldn't even think about saying this.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2007, 07:31:40 PM »
no lekky lol i dont think anything along those lines.

I just thought the rule was that your ban will only be 8 days if you come clean and admit to it.

P!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2007, 07:47:18 PM »
if only you guys could see the efforts of the guys on the Committee to find ways of justifying peoples actions you wouldn't even think about saying this.

Exactly, we wouldn't have to ask so many questions and a level of trust could be established.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2007, 07:51:38 PM »
P!nk do you have IRC? if so get on

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2007, 08:52:57 PM »
We (the committee) have decided. The End.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2007, 11:18:39 PM »
I hardly think him knowing about coming forward with your multi-account will result in a lesser ban time would have made any difference. After all, he did make the second account in the first place after explicitly agreeing to the "only 1 account per person" rule. You are telling me he would have the honesty to come forward with it if we didn't know about it? Surely the simple fact that he made the account in the first place negates your logic?

i see alot of people quoting the registration rules. to me i dont think that is an acceptable argument because, i mean honestly, how many of you EVER sit there and actually read the license when you are downloading something? 99.9% never ever ever ever. why sit there and read something when you can just so easily click "accept" or "i agree" and move on with the installation of whatever it is you are downloading. i mean just by the amount of posts that dystro has you can tell he only looks at the forums to post in certain threads. it shows that he doesnt sit here like most of us and read every new thread that opens up. so there is really no way of knowing (other than word of mouth) about the ban for multiple accounts. yes i do realize that you guys caught him before he went and admitted it to a committee member, but you never gave anyone a chance to actually come forward and admit to having multiple accounts. instead, you went and secretly started matching ips to various accounts and started handing out the ban card. i feel that you went about this the WRONG way. you should have given people the chance to come clean instead of doing what you did. bad start to something(the committee) that was not needed. gj.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2007, 12:06:21 AM »
Cola, I must disagree. On the registration page, you have to click 5 check boxes that are next to bold headings. They are kinda hard to miss. Either way, its the player's fault for not reading them.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2007, 03:34:55 AM »
I donĀ“t know why is this still under discussion. If the ban was given by Jitspoe, noone would ever mind. Give it a rest. Comitee is there with purpouse. There are 10 people in it. Surely they thought this through.

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2007, 05:51:30 AM »
I still don't understand why Lekky is in the committee. He is the most childish person in the community and also mean. My opinion is that people shouldn't get banned for multiple accounts, that's a silly rule and i can't understand it. I don't give a excrement if dystro gets banned but he shouldn't.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2007, 06:39:44 AM »
It's forbidden to steal. I go steal. I get my punishment.
Now replace "steal" with "multiple-account". You get your answer why it's a ban.

As for multiple-accounts: Why the hell do you need more than one if you already can add enough names to your account?
The account-system has been added for identifying people and not so that people can do whatever they want with a fake account and get away with it without their more-or-less-respected well-known nick getting a bad image.

Dystro don't take it personal. I wanna state the regular case for henkka.